It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
... or building a secret underground city to ride out the impact.

Yup, if I were a gambling man, and I am, that would be my bet. There is some evidence that would suggest and support this too which I won't get into here (a manufacturing contract I was involved with about 4 years ago). Add to this our upcoming crossing through the galactic plane, that gravity wave that could be responsible for flipping our poles, and the fact that they seem to be intentionally destroying the economy with no apparent care about tomorrow, and I think we have something really secret going on. Add to this what is going on under Iron Mountain and it sure seems like they are getting ready for something.

I'm pretty good at picking up on all the signals when someone is telling a lie, or is avoiding the truth, and I've seen a lot of those signals coming from many politicians lately, in so far as the economy is concerned. I'd love to have a chance to watch someone questioned regarding such a possibility, just to see if I can detect if they are lying or not.

Now, assuming all those dollars were spent building such a project, into whose pocket did all those dollars go? When they spent all those dollars, they didn't just disappear, they are sitting in someones vault or in someones bank account. Or maybe it's all just going around in circles somewhere. How on Earth can so much money go unaccounted for? It's got to be somewhere.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachfin

Perhaps 21/12/2012?

hehhe you know hwat i saw an ad on tv here in australia... the "death calculator". Find out when you're going to die SMS DEATH your name and dob... and it will tell you your death date. Thenit shows an example and replies back with the date of death as 21/12/2012. hahah ;-P

Even the ad creators know about the maya end of age calender ;-P

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Quite a sum of that money is used to keep customers happy.

Over time the U.S borrows billions and billions of dollars from foreign investment.

In the best interest of the those business dealings, which are highly private matters, and business being what business is, payments and loan returns have to be made. Borrowing from sources that IF where publicly known, would most likely cause all sorts of trouble.

You'd be very surprised and shocked to learn just who some foreign investors are - money is money, and if you've got it, and want to invest, they'll take it!

Not all the money borrowed by the U.S is from China and the Middle East ....

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The Federal Reserve Bank is owned by 300 private individuals and their families.
They are not part of the United States government. They are not owned by the United States government .... Look up the Federal Reserve Act of 1911/1913.

These are the people who are responsible for getting America off the Gold and Silver Standards. These are the people who can MAKE MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR without accountability. These are the people who's DEBIT INSTRUMENTS are worthless in the global economy and markets at the present time.

Frankly, we could shut the Federal Reserve down and let the 300 families that own it be responsible for paying off THEIR DEBTS to China and the World Bank. All it would take would be to put an end to the Federal Reserve Act and for the US Treasury to start printing its own money backed by Gold and Silver again.

This is not a hard thing to do. It is hard for elected officials to do because of the Puppet Masters pulling their strings.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Don't know what everyone is complaining about.
Haven't you all realised yet that money doesn't actually exist.
Do you think that that silver Nickel or Bronze Pound coin in your pocket is actually worth something to you.
It is a piece of metal, Knowledge is the real currency, as well as spiritual advancement, you can't take money with you when you die, but if there is an afterlife and seeing as everyone else is bleating on about this God or that God, whichever God or singluar consciousness is in control of the universe , do you think he cares about a little metal disc or a piece of fabric with some dead guys face on it?
No, he/she/it cares about your spiritual lessons you've been sent here to learn.
You haven't learnt anything have you, you've all been worried about trying to 'earn' the next buck or quid, because thats what you've told is the right way of doing things by those who actually run your lives.
Money's nothing but numbers plucked out of thin air to keep you thinking that you need to work to earn money to live. Its not like it existed in the first place.
Someone just thought " Ok , we have a problem and we have to control the population , lets create 'money' (wink) to make everyone else happy, keep them 'working' (wink) so they don't realise we've duped them, led comfortable lives ourselves, have nice things for us, that way they won't lynch us , and if there's anymore problems we'll just magically make more 'money (wink)".
All the 'money' that has been spent bailing out failing companies these last few months could have been used to eradicate money all together.
And don't give me any nonsense about You don't agree with me, YOU KNOW this world would be so much better without money, your just afraid to admit it.

Like a ex-friend of mine once said " I'm not greedy, I just LOVE money" because thats what he's been taught, he worked all the hours he could, but in the end his family gave up on him because he wasn't there most of the time , whats the point of working to keep your family in money if you chase money and lose your family. you don't spend quality time with them, lose watching your children grow all for the sake of money.the thing that doesn't exist is taking over what does exist, your life and those around you.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

DaRAG I stand corrected on the 23 Trillion dollars.....yes it was 2.3 trillion. But by the time you get to that amount.....what's a decimal point between friends?

However, something smells to high heaven with where all this money is going and I suspect some 'Elite Skin Saving' is taking place......be it underground, or ships.....whatever.
They don't want to be any where 'vulnerable' when the 'fat lady starts singing!'

They know that there is nothing that we ordinary folk can do about it so they continue to mug us, day after day, and plan their own deliverance.

But I suspect, they're not going to be as 'saved' as they think they are when the feathers hit the fan! At least, that's what I'm hoping.

Would you want to be 2 km underground when the Earth starts moving........!
I'll take my chances out near the sun! At least I'll die seeing the sky, if the worst comes to the worst!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Satan runs the Fed. That's where the Trillions are disappearing too. The Feds are paying off the grand master of all scams, crookedness, secrecy, etc. That would explain why the Fed is above the law.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
The Federal Reserve Bank is owned by 300 private individuals and their families.
They are not part of the United States government. They are not owned by the United States government .... Look up the Federal Reserve Act of 1911/1913.

These are the people who are responsible for getting America off the Gold and Silver Standards. These are the people who can MAKE MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR without accountability. These are the people who's DEBIT INSTRUMENTS are worthless in the global economy and markets at the present time.

Frankly, we could shut the Federal Reserve down and let the 300 families that own it be responsible for paying off THEIR DEBTS to China and the World Bank. All it would take would be to put an end to the Federal Reserve Act and for the US Treasury to start printing its own money backed by Gold and Silver again.

This is not a hard thing to do. It is hard for elected officials to do because of the Puppet Masters pulling their strings.

Just think for a little bit, if you have a "share" in the FED and your holdings are mainly in us dollars, would you delibarately print so much money (9+2 trillion) that your current dollar holdings will loose a lot of its value? That is selfdestructive and i dont think the supreme elite of bankers are that stupid. The actions by the fed during 2008 and 2009 have been quantitative easing, the ted spread was skyhigh late fall 2008, no banks were lending any money to other banks nor business and consumers, the financial system was on the brink of a meltdown. So, the fed had to ease that shortage and supplied the market with liquidity. Its short term actions, the money will be "repaid" (facilities will mature and be collected) and will be taken out of the financial system gradually, as we move from deflation to a more comfortable low and steady inflation rate.

"The chart below shows the relative sizes of the two monetary aggregates. In April 2008, M1 was approximately $1.4 trillion, more than half of which consisted of currency. While as much as two-thirds of U.S. currency in circulation may be held outside the United States, all currency held by the public is included in the money supply because it can be spent on goods and services in the U.S. economy. M2 was approximately $7.7 trillion and largely consisted of savings deposits."

The money supply, about M1+M2, the Federal Reserve.
www.newyorkfed.org...

Money stock measures, H6, Release Date: May 7, 2009
www.federalreserve.gov...

(edit link)

[edit on 2009/5/13 by reugen]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here is another history bit to consider;

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them.
Patrick Henry

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
Does anyone know how I can hide $9 trillion I just came into? I really don't want to pay the taxes on it and my volcano lair isn't ready yet.

join the federal reserve

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Am I the only one that's thinking that money is going into some black operations budget?

9 trillion! Are we fighting a war in outer space or something and we aren't being told about it?
The numbers are staggering to say the least. And I can't imagine that amount of money just disappearing. I mean could it be possible that some greedy bastard is just raping the crap out of the Fed? I can't imagine that amount of money being stolen without someone knowing and approving it.
There's no fricken way that's not being used for something.

yeah, probly. its going somewhere. something military or yeah, aliens would probly cover it. i think the economic crash is a smokescreen for something big actually, that we arent being told about. just what, i dont know. (surely they cant spend that much money on cars.. even i couldnt spend that much money).
(but there is a weird looking star in the sky, (see the 'strange star in the sky' thread, altho everyone keeps telling me its venus.).

yeah, with that money, every family in us would have 30 000. isnt that how it should be?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Not each family...EVERY man, woman and child. Divide $9 Trillion by total US population ~ 306,419,293

www.census.gov...

Average US family size = 3.14

factfinder.census.gov...

Loss per average family is about $94,200...

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Lumpyloaf]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think that money will never make it back to the American people. Sure, they may find some poor fool guilty (Some one setup to take the fall). Mean while, the top dog will get away free and clean. Isn't that how it always works?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Did anyone see that South Park episode on just how money works? At the Reserve they just simply cut off a chicken's head and it runs around on a giant 'decision' board and where ever it dies, is the action they take. Seems plausible doesn't it?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It is simple. If the fed res is privately owned, and lost $2T, then the people who own the fed res should have to pay that money back.

Why does anyone believe that all American citizens are responsible for the debts of privately owned banks?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

The actions by the fed during 2008 and 2009 have been quantitative easing,

I am begining to think that you get a commission every time you cite the virtues of quantative easing. More accuratley described by "helicopter Ben" when he compared it printing piles of money and then just dumping it from helicopters.

I'm not sure if losing 9 Trillion dollars relates to quantative easing but Lets take a look at it anyway.

QE is basically just printing money. You don't do it with ink and paper, you do it electronically, but it has the same effect.

Devalues money.

Where does the money come from? The Bank just creates it out of thin air. If you're thinking that this sounds pretty unusual, then you'd be right. As John Hardy at Saxo Bank points out: "The most interesting aspect of this is the announcement that the BoE will be purchasing government debt, as this represents outright debt monetisation, which can be considered one of the most desperate forms of money printing by a central bank. Not even the US Fed has taken this step yet, though it has declared that it is considering the effects of doing so."

Monitizing debt.

Will it work? There are a couple of problems. The banks – in their distinctly frail condition – may decide to hoard any cash raised from QE rather than lend it out. So the extra money may not even be offered to people and businesses.

Not guaranteed to work.

But what if it does work? Well, then you have a whole new set of problems. The ultimate aim of QE is to encourage inflation. But inflation isn't an easy thing to control. Policy makers reassure us that they'll stuff the genie back in the bottle once growth returns to the economy. But given their performance so far, and given that this is new territory for monetary policy, what makes us think that they will somehow be much better at managing monetary policy this time round?

And even if it does work.

And given that this is an artificial stimulus, even if it works, what's to say that the economy won't just collapse again when the printing press is turned off?

Moneyweek

I used an example closer to home for you on purpose, but for your viewing pleasure.

-Open letter to "helicopter Ben"
-DailyFX.com
-Robbing tommorrows GDP to add to todays.
-Desperate risks, past failures

The electonic bump to the bankers accounts is supposed to encourage lending, but will likely be used to top of their shrinking funds, AND The biggest reason for a failure is that even if the banks become willing to lend, what if nobody wants to borrow?

Would you buy a house knowing that next year it will be worth less?

Q.E. will falsely devalue the money to keep the price high, not the value.

Edit: fixed link

[edit on 5/13/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

"Would you buy a house knowing that next year it will be worth less? "

No, thats the dangers with deflation, everything will become cheaper in the future and consumption will fall and the economy will plummet even further. If you have followed some housing index (Schiller for example) the prices have stabilized. Remmeber Japan in the 1990s and the zero rate floor, they were trapped in that situation for over a decade, just because they didnt supplied the market with liquidity, instead the panic stricken banks locked in all the bad debt and refused further loans.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by burlysoft
...meanwhile, my Congressman, David Wu (Oregon), doesn't believe HR 1207 is warranted, stating "I respectfully disagree that being an independent agency makes Federal Reserve in any way less accountable to the American people".

To the wise ATS members tuning in, how would you attempt to change the mind of your congressman if he believed this way?

Is it an agency? I thought it was a company.

There is no accountability. Ask your congressman to explain in what ways it is being held accountable to the American people. I can't think of any but then I'm not a politician so I don't think in quite as twisted ways. Maybe your congressman can come up with something.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join