It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It would make a great game - Monopoly Bail Out edition. Only the banker follows no rules, is accountable to no one and merely attempts to screw the players.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boomerdude

I think that a lot lately. there are so many massive frauds going on that surely things will collapse beyond the ability of anyboy to spin it away...unless something else is going to happen first to render it all moot.

even when you've got all the media on your side by not investigating, or possibly owning all the media, you've got to wonder how long until people start asking obvious questions. though it doesn't seem to mattr. they just keep doing the stuff, more and worse.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

and this all justifys hiding/loosing 9 trillion dollars how?

are you a disinfo agent?

do you realise all the banks you mentioned are not separate banks but a world banking cartel that controls world government policy though economics and are accountable to nobody at all?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Are our CIA spooks to busy to schedule a brief 10 minute water-boarding session with Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke?

How about Barry and Rahm, don’t they have the balls to call the Fed on their LIES?

Or do dual citizenship and/or questionable citizenship provide these WORMS with immunity?

They have no idea how the real law, the law of karma, is going to catch up with them. Either in this lifetime or the next, justice will be served.

F.T.G.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by seasoul]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Go Ron Paul!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
9 Trillion - $30,000 for every man woman and child in the USA just magically disappeared. Kind of like 2 Trillion went missing just before 9/11 from the pentagon. So what can we expect in the coming months?

good point. america right now is a very tense place. the population are realizing that something isnt right. tptb also realize this. i always said it like this, wtc bombing #1 was in 1993. 8 years later in 2001 they suceeded. its now another 8 years later. but this time its a little different. in 2001 there was no talk of secession by the states, there was brief recession, there were no mass protests and tea parties. i think or at least hope that if false flag event happens again people will realize who is really behind it. but it will probably be blamed on mr.osman.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

"What about the trillions of off-balance transactions since last September, Grayson asked.

Coleman demurred again, saying the IG does not have jurisdiction to audit the Federal Reserve."

Uh, arent we forgetting the one agency that should have the right to audit the Fed? How about the IRS giving them a call???

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
All of this is going to be twisted to acclimate the sheeple more into accepting the one world credit currency system . NO one is this incompetent. Of course the Daily Show will make a big joke out it .

[edit on 12-5-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

Risks as stated on wiki...which is vague.

Quantitative easing is seen as a risky strategy that could trigger higher inflation than desired or even hyperinflation if it is improperly used and too much money is created. Some economists argue that there is less risk of such an outcome when a central bank employs quantitative easing strictly to ease credit markets (e.g. by buying commercial paper), whereas hyperinflation is more likely to be triggered when money is created for the purpose of buying up government debts (i.e. treasury securities) which in turn can create a political temptation for governments and legislatures to habitually spend more than their revenues without either raising taxes or risking default on financial obligations. Other economists warn that any creation of money out of "thin air" will ultimately have the same effect in that the existing currency will inevitably be devalued in proportion to the amount of new currency created regardless of what the new money is used for. However, so long as this resulting inflation is not in excess of the central bank's target then this will not be seen as a negative outcome.

en.wikipedia.org...

You're the first person I've seen stick up for Bernanke. Congress does not have to control the currency..but what happens should be transparent for everyone to see...that does not mean that congress controls it.

It's the public's money that the FED manipulates...it's our blood, sweat, and tears that is continuously devalued year after year.

But yeah...let's feel SORRY for Bernanke. Are you kidding me?

[edit on 12-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I posted the Grayson video last week in the thread here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Didn't get a whole lot of attention.

I guess it throws people off when someone besides Ron Paul is questioning the Federal Reserve.....and a Democrat to boot.

That's why companies like to see celebrities in their commercials.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

They need to check with Bernie Madoff.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well it's likely the most powerful Fed - The New York Fed - has it's hand in it, whatever happened to it. Either laundering it or mismanaging it. Probably aided by Goldman...
the biggest player in the money mafia.

Funny how neither seems accountable to anyone. I'm actually surprised Spitzer is pushing this line of questioning. I guess he doesn't think he has anything left to lose.

www.slate.com...

The kerfuffle about current New York Federal Reserve Bank Chairman Stephen Friedman's purchase of some Goldman stock while the Fed was involved in reviewing major decisions about Goldman's future—well-covered by the Wall Street Journal here and here—raises a fundamental question about Wall Street's corruption. Just as the millions in AIG bonuses obscured the much more significant issue of the $70 billion-plus in conduit payments authorized by the N.Y. Fed to AIG's counterparties, the small issue of Friedman's stock purchase raises very serious issues about the competence and composition of the Federal Reserve of New York, which is the most powerful financial institution most Americans know nothing about.

A quasi-independent, public-private body, the New York Fed is the first among equals of the 12 regional Fed branches. Unlike the Washington Federal Reserve Board of Governors, or the other regional fed branches, the N.Y. Fed is active in the markets virtually every day, changing the critical interest rates that determine the liquidity of the markets and the profitability of banks. And, like the other regional branches, it has boundless power to examine, at will, the books of virtually any banking institution and require that wide-ranging actions be taken—from raising capital to stopping lending—to ensure the stability and soundness of the bank. Over the past year, the New York Fed has been responsible for committing trillions of dollars of taxpayer money to resuscitate the coffers of the banks it oversees.

Given the power of the N.Y. Fed, it is time to ask some very hard questions about its recent performance. The first question to ask is: Who is the New York Fed? Who exactly has been running the show? Yes, we all know that Tim Geithner was the president and CEO of the N.Y. Fed from 2003 until his ascension as Treasury Secretary. But who chose him for that position, and to whom did he report? The N.Y. Fed president reports to, and is chosen by, the Fed board of directors.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If you go through each year of the budget you will find that this is about average for each year of missing money that can't be accounted for.

A couple years back it was concluded (by a non-govt. entity researching this area) that this is the amount spent on black budget programs and chances are some stealing of funds also. I believe their figure was actually 11.2 trillion that year.

I'm just surprised anyone here especially, would be surprised by this at all as it's been widely publicized over the years, of unaccounted trillions, in the budget each year but never followed up on or even questioned until now when we are in need of the money.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well here is some of our money.www.ask.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts independent and objective audits, inspections, evaluations, investigations, and other reviews related to programs and operations of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board). OIG efforts promote integrity, economy, efficiency, and effectiveness; help prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse; and strengthen accountability to the Congress and the public. The OIG’s work assists the Board in managing risk and in achieving its overall mission to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation’s monetary, financial, and payment systems so as to promote optimal macroeconomic performance.

That is the IG's Mission statement. It would appear as if the office isn't meeting their mission. These "off balance sheets" are the other holdings the Fed has to account for, not the physical holdings it reports every week. Black ops funding either comes from shell companies or is hidden in the DOD's budget.

How do you "lose" 9,000,000,000,000?

Not exactly a set of car keys.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
oops try this onewww.bloomberg.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
wait 9 trillion dollars unaccounted for thats a # load of money I wonder how much money they can acually account for then. And they call themselves a bank

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I posted the Grayson video last week in the thread here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Didn't get a whole lot of attention.

I guess it throws people off when someone besides Ron Paul is questioning the Federal Reserve.....and a Democrat to boot.

it was your post header that threw me off clicking it.

i thought maybe McDonalds opened a store in the fed reserve.

thats why i didnt click your link to read first time.

This thread header said 9 trillion dollars lost.. i had to click it lol
see my point

i bet a dollar this is why we are paying more tax's on everything...we have to pay back the 9 trillion lol

[edit on 12-5-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
It would make a great game - Monopoly Bail Out edition. Only the banker follows no rules, is accountable to no one and merely attempts to screw the players.

Hahaha, sorry for a useless post, but that was just funny as hell

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if that money was going into black budget projects.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join