It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Cannot Account for $9 Trillion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burlysoft

To the wise ATS members tuning in, how would you attempt to change the mind of your congressman if he believed this way?

I got that letter exactly, all the way to the last paragraph were Tammy Baldwin announced she had signed on. Its a form letter and they just insert the last paragraph depending on which way they go.

I would use his own "last paragraph" against him

I appreciate your concerns regarding the Federal Reserve System; however, I respectfully disagree that being an independent agency makes the Federal Reserve in any way less accountable to the American people. Congress created the Federal Reserve as an independent agency to protect it from excessive political and private pressures. At the same time, the Federal Reserve is accountable to Congress by both law and practice.(HERE I WOULD SUGGEST ASK HOW CAN TRUE ACCOUNTABILITY BE FACILITATED WITHOUT A PROPER AUDIT TO SHOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR?) The seven members of the board are appointed by the president(APPOINTED OFFICIALS CAN HARDLY BE CONSIDERED HELD ACCOUNTABLE AS THEY ARE NOT ELECTED AND HAVE NO CONSTITUANTS, FURTHER ONCE A GOVERNER IS APPOINTED TO THE FEDERAL RESERVE BOARD THEY CANNOT BE REMOVED FOR THEIR VIEWS OR POLICIES) with the advice and consent of the U.S. Senate, and Congress routinely monitors the Federal Reserve System through formal and informal oversight activities.(THE OVERSIGHT MENTIONED ONLY COVERS SPECIFIC PERAMETERS WHICH ARE RESTRICTED BY LAW. IF THERE WAS NOTHING TO HIDE WHY DO THOSE PERAMETERS NOT ALLOW FOR FULL DISCLOSURE. A PROPER AUDIT BEYOND THE THESE SECRETIVE PERAMETERS IS REQUIRED)

Thats my take, beyond that I would simply say to keep e-mailing and try and get your neighbors to as well. Standard congressional practice is to count one letter to their office as 13,000 constituants.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am just shocked at how blatant this theft is! I am also at a loss why this is not more in the MSM. I mean in the UK they are dealing with their own scandal about how we are all taken for the proverbial ride and sucked dry by the people who should take care of our best interests (HA!) but this, my friend, takes the cake, cigar and the whole caboodle. I am hoping something will come out of this but as it is so very low key, I believe it will die quietly.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
this is exactly the reason why they are probably going to get audited...well that is, if the bill passes...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thanks Alien and MA. That's what I was thinking it was but wasn't sure, I knew someone here would know the answer.

So, knowing that will H.R. 1207 even work? If this 9 trillion is basically hidden will it show up in an audit? I think it's time for every able bodied American to march on congress pack our selves into both the House and Senate and have a little sit-in and refuse to leave until we get answers. Seriously folks. It is obvious all three branches of our government have failed to represent our best interest. Their only interest is money.

As for the FED thinking that it's about the law. Let's see if they think they're above the law of the people.

I need to go for a walk.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
nine trillion.

and that is only peanuts compared to what the audit would look like.

I estimate that amount tripled.

Bye bye dollar.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ron Paul seems to have missed out on economics at university, the money the fed now have on their balance sheet is going to be withdrawn from the economy. They did quantitative easing back in 2008 and also in 2009 because of the credit crunch, no banks were willing to lend any money back then and that was a real threat to the economy and growth (global even since financial markets are all connected).

(Edit spelling).

[edit on 2009/5/12 by reugen]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

It's good that the FED is independent, fiscal- and monetary policy are two means for controlling and stimulating the economy. If congress also had full access to monetary policy tool (the FED) besides the fiscal policy tool it would be a recipe for disaster since they would use the fed for their own means and agenda (win the election, massage the lobby etc).

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So, when are these people going to be thrown into jail?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I would have replied to your thread but how many times can I say "Are you effin kidding me?".

It's about all I can say anymore, things have gotten so far out of hand it's hard to say any more than that. Now, I'm off to read a thread about how Cheerios are a drug. Another instance where I will say "Are you effin kidding me?".

I'm here every day reading this stuff and I still can't believe what is going on. Oops, we lost $9 Trillion. We can't audit them WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?

It just goes on and on. When will it stop?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

Awesome post! Star for you.
I lol'd

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Simply put. the Federal(sic) Reserve is the largest, and most elaborate,
money counterfeiting ring in all of human history.

And the vote cast to establish the Federal(sic) Reserve on Christmas eve in
1913 was unanimous! All three lawmakers present voted aye. ALL THREE OF THEM!

[edit on 12-5-2009 by rival]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Am I the only one that's thinking that money is going into some black operations budget?

9 trillion! Are we fighting a war in outer space or something and we aren't being told about it?
The numbers are staggering to say the least. And I can't imagine that amount of money just disappearing. I mean could it be possible that some greedy bastard is just raping the crap out of the Fed? I can't imagine that amount of money being stolen without someone knowing and approving it.
There's no fricken way that's not being used for something.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

It's good that the FED is independent, fiscal- and monetary policy are two means for controlling and stimulating the economy. If congress also had full access to monetary policy tool (the FED) besides the fiscal policy tool it would be a recipe for disaster since they would use the fed for their own means and agenda (win the election, massage the lobby etc).

I think you are missing the point. The federal reserve shouldn't exist at all! The power to print and coontrol our money should lie with the treasury not congress as was intended. In fact in our current system congress has more power over our money than they would if the fed dissapeared.

When you say it would be a disaster since the fed would be used to further agends are you also saying that it is better that the fed is allowed to lose 9 trillion dollars and then flaunt no accountablility? because that is what they are doing right now.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I probably shouldn't post, and then post again, but I had a thought.
I know the 9 trillion that went missing is probably electronic transactions,
but if it were in cash (say hundred dollar bills) I wonder how much
space that amount of money would occupy.....if it ~were~ lost, it'd probably
be like looking for an elephant in a haystack...really hard to find,

[edit on 12-5-2009 by rival]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If enough hearings Ron Paul will probably have learned enough economics so that he leaves Bernanke alone. Just look at Ben, he suffers, not because the questions are tough but because he has to explain something to a man that is quite obviously "deaf".

Quantitative easing

Added:
Alienchaser "The federal reserve shouldn't exist at all! The power to print and coontrol our money should lie with the treasury." And who does the treasury answer to ? The treasury is not an independent government institution. Just look how some other developed countries have a central bank, the EU have the ECB, Japan BOJ, England BOE etc, its how its done.

"The members of its Board of Governors are appointed for long, staggered terms, limiting the influence of day-to-day political considerations. The Federal Reserve System's unique structure also provides internal checks and balances, ensuring that its decisions and operations are not dominated by any one part of the system."

Independent

[edit on 2009/5/12 by reugen]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser
Here's video

Thanks for the video.
Wow the Inspector General, couldnt even pull the right words out, and was on the spot the whole time

Good, thats absurd, and highly unprofessional... she deserved it

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Well it sounds pretty simply to me , you simply don't require the U.S public to repay it .

Then you find out who had it last , break out a water board and start asking some tough questions .

Edit to add ... sorry AlienChaser not sure why it stated that I was replying directly to you . My post was meant to be a regular post .

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Am I the only one that's thinking that money is going into some black operations budget?

9 trillion! Are we fighting a war in outer space or something and we aren't being told about it?
The numbers are staggering to say the least. And I can't imagine that amount of money just disappearing. I mean could it be possible that some greedy bastard is just raping the crap out of the Fed? I can't imagine that amount of money being stolen without someone knowing and approving it.
There's no fricken way that's not being used for something.

I posted a thread about this very point. It is just like the situation in the movie Deep Impact. They are trying to put off as long as possible letting the public know where the massive amount of money in the budget is going. Morgan Freeman says they had waited to tell the public after they release the budget and couldnt hide all the money they were spending. Just a thought! What could they be doing with all the money so large and important that they have to hide it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with the woman in this video since I'm in the UK, but there was another thread on ATS talking about an armed revolution in US and they were discussing who to shoot at. I suggest somebody starts a list and puts this criminals name on it.

In the UK we are discussing politicians expenses claims which are in the order of £2000. I'm beginning to wonder if its all a smoke screen to divert our attention from the real money problems like this. Give the tax payers a few thousand quid back and that will keep them happy.

slightly ot but... Fred Goodwin must be laughing his head off, he gets away with £12k a week for life for doing nothing, and the politicians who were berating him are having to hand back there pocket money.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Is it just me thinking that the Federal and State Government are acting like they KNOW that they will not have to answer to the People in time? I live in MA where the Governor is now handing out free automobiles. Last year it was free cell phones and lifetime service. Maybe there's something to this 2012 thing their not telling us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join