It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants skinnier feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Obama wants skinnier feds

news.yahoo.com

President Barack Obama wants to get the fat out of the bureaucracy — literally.

The White House said Obama "will direct the Office of Personnel Management to work with the Office of Health Reform, the National Economic Council, the Department of Labor, and the Office of Management and Budget to examine successful employer wellness and prevention practices that lower health care costs and improve employees’ health and to explore the feasibility of developing such a plan for federal employees and their workplaces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Fat Feds, get ready to lose that gut. I am glad to see that the Feds will have to do something they don't like for a change. How about cutting the pork from the govt. before cutting the pork from the workers though. I do think it is a good idea to get some exercise and get off the couch. I am personally blessed with a high metabolism, but if I weren't I would be an exercising fool.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. They want more healthy feds so the can kick our heads in.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
How about if all Federal employees have to comply with the U.S. Army weight and fitness standards?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Obama also wants to end pork barrel spending.

His words mean nothing to me, besides he's going to just do the opposite.

Federal employees getting off there ss' impossible

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

LOL can you see that? I left the army in 2007 and recently started working at the VA in 2009, and there are a lot of people here who could benefit from FM 20-21...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I am all for the fitness part. However, I disagree with the Army height weight charts. I am 6'5'' 273 (this am) my waist is 38.25'' and I've had my body fat measured in the last year and it was 13.4%. My VO2Max is 62 ml/kg. But according to military standards I am "fat".

But, cutting out the 'pork' would certainly help. I've been to the SS Admin to help my great aunt. What a bunch of fatties. Hell, the man that helped us was out of breath going from his desk to file cabinet. Sad, really sad.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Isn't this just more meddling in peoples personal lives? I can understand having a requirement for military, cops, agents etc, but for just the average desk-dweller this seems like too much of an intrusion.

EDIT to add, Ferris Bueller, your avatar disturbs me immensely!

[edit on 12/5/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

That's exactly the point! Total control from cradle to grave by our 'Benevolent Fearless Leader' and his Marxist cronies. They know better, so they decide your standards of life and non- liberty! Just more of the same change in the District of Criminals!!!

Zindo

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

My friend that is what the goverment does best. Intrude into your life with a bunch of laws. This will be no different.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What did you expect when you voted for this man? There were a whole bunch of people telling America that Obama's policies lean toward Marxism. He wants to have a program where youths are required to volunteer time.

If you voted for Obama, then you gave up your individual rights in favor of your hate for the Bush Administration and the lies sold to you by the liberal media.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
yah, just one more step to the new version of the Nazi... the Uber Mench, thin, good looking global culture and beliefs, decidedly multi ethnic....

Only difference I actually see between the modern global liberal Nazi agenda and the original Nazi is that you probably will get better super soldiers by breeding people and mixing different genes and traits than by inbreeding.

Glad we will look better and more like a Movie hero when destroying lives, oppressing and killing people and stealing their money...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
What did you expect when you voted for this man?

That's quite an assumption, well done. Just for your records, I did not vote for this man, I was not allowed to vote.

[edit on 12/5/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It's a general statement to everyone out there that did vote for Obama, not an assumption toward you, personally, which is why the second paragraph is qualified with the word "if".

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I actually happen to think it's a good idea to promote physical fitness within the federal government. Having employees in decent shape is an extremely effective way of cutting down health care costs. It's well known fact that obesity does contribute to heart disease, now imagine how much tax money we'd be saving if we were to cut down on that.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

He should start with Barney Frank. I think he's had his hand in the cookie jar way too often.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

I never buy that

Okay, heart attacks save allot of money on SS

far more than is spent when 75% of people do pay for insurance...

People die from heart attacks they don't spend 20 years living off the Fed, that's the bottom line.

It's all control and appearances and pomp

Sort of thing where a city like mine releases Hawks to kill the natural birds because they don't like them.... sure there is less bird poop... but also no birds... aside from a few hawks

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
... yeah, there's not much serious problems to resolve around, let's help the lazy fat expensive employees not die of a heart attack in their 40's, as they just have turned out to be good slaves... ' there's so much more life we can squeeze out of them, we should look up their health... '

crooks!

spelling...

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Sator]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Why doesn't Obama worry about more important things like

MAKING THE FEDERAL BUDGET SKINNIER!!!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by timewalker

He should start with Barney Frank. I think he's had his hand in the cookie jar way too often.

Yeah Barney Frank. LMAO Fatty Fatty 2x4 Can't get through the kitchen door.

Robert Gibbs could shed a few also. Drop and give me 9 trillion

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack

I am all for the fitness part. However, I disagree with the Army height weight charts. I am 6'5'' 273 (this am) my waist is 38.25'' and I've had my body fat measured in the last year and it was 13.4%. My VO2Max is 62 ml/kg. But according to military standards I am "fat".

But, cutting out the 'pork' would certainly help. I've been to the SS Admin to help my great aunt. What a bunch of fatties. Hell, the man that helped us was out of breath going from his desk to file cabinet. Sad, really sad.

That is why they tape.

I find it hard to believe you would fail tape part. I'm 5'6" 195-200 and pass the tape with no problems. My waist is an inch smaller then yours and my neck is 17.5.

new topics

top topics

join