It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service questions student on drawings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Please tell me I am the first one to post this as it is just too funny!

"Washington (AP) -- Secret Service agents questioned a high school student about anti-war drawings he did for an art class, one of which depicted President Bush's head on a stick.

Another pencil-and-ink drawing portrayed Bush as a devil launching a missile, with a caption reading "End the war -- on terrorism."

The 15-year-old boy's art teacher at Prosser High School turned the drawings over to school administrators, who notified police, who called the Secret Service.

"We involve the police anytime we have a concern," Prosser Superintendent Ray Tolcacher told the Tri-City Herald newspaper.

Secret Service agents interviewed the boy last Friday. The student, who was not arrested, has not been identified.

The school district disciplined him, but district officials refused to say what the punishment was. Tolcacher said the boy was not suspended."

""If this 15-year-old kid in Prosser is perceived as a threat to the president, then we are living in '1984'," Cravens said."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Isnt that his right to speak his mind, however that might be. Art is a good way to get a point across. For him to have this kind of Idea, something has to have happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

""If this 15-year-old kid in Prosser is perceived as a threat to the president, then we are living in '1984'," Cravens said."

Sorry, his argument is invalid. No one thought the creepy goth kids in Columbine could do anything either, right? Age is simply no longer a factor as kids have proven that they are just as capable of performing acts of violence as adults are.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I know that it is bad edicate to reply to one's own post but this one is just too good.

"Tolcacher insisted it was not a freedom of speech issue, but a concern over the depiction of violence."

Hmmmmm! Ok so television....no depiction of violence there! Movies....nope not there! Comics and video games....nada on the depiction of violence there. All forms of advertisement.....I'm not seeing any. How about nature and the normal activities of animals....nooooo not yet. Activities on the sidewalks of your home town....no, nothing but good wholesum people. An abstract sculpture constructed of Playdoo? THOUGHT POLICE! THOUGHT POLICE! We have a terrorist in sector twelve! His name is Billy Smith and he is seven. Procede with caution as the offendent has been known to possess Linclon Logs!

What is Bush turning into Hubert Humphry? Next all germs will be banned from appearing in public. Now events such as Colobine have proved that young children are capable of such things, but seriously some kid because of something he drew in art class. Why doesn't Bush just have killed the entire cast of Saturday Night Live for making a joke of him time and time again? God knows that show could use an overhaul anyway. Except for that guy who does Brian Fellows Animal Planet; that skit is so bad it actually is funny.

Wait, what the hell was I ranting about!?! Oh ya, so make sure the secret service does not see the incohearent scratches on your kids Ecerscetch (sp?) or you're going to have to get a new one.

PS Sorry, I know that I ran out of steam at the end, but it began as a good one.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is just insane.

I assume that it would be a bad idea for me to post a picture of a pixy stuffing a red hot poker up Bush's ...

I thought so

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't want to be misunderstood, so let me just state that I don't think anyone's drawings like that should be cause for such panic. What I was arguing about was that age should no longer be a factor in things like this.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's the Secret Service's job to investigate every instance where there could be a threat on the President's life, no matter how remote. It's in their job description. Ronald Reagan was shot by a guy who wanted to impress Jodie Foster. Let's say the Secret Service caught wind of a nutjob saying this. Before the act, it should be dismissed as nonsense. After the fact, it was a clear and present signal.

They SS does not # around.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
They SS does not # around.

Hummmmm! SS, Secret Service....Nazis, SS.....Bush, skull&bones....SS.

Well, now I am just getting slap happy!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Please tell me you're more intelligent than that.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ok now kids the first one of you to get rid of bush gets an a...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Wow I never put all of that together. Thanks for pointing it all out.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Anyway...Skull & Bones would be SB, not SS.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Please tell me you're more intelligent than that.

No! BUT read my last sentence anyway!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

No! BUT read my last sentence anyway!

Did you miss the little smiley at the end?

God, humor is so hard on the internet sometimes...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Anyway...Skull & Bones would be SB, not SS.

The image that I linked to was of an emblem on nazi SS (a division) hats...thus skull & bones. It was a coincidental joke.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

God, humor is so hard on the internet sometimes...

What the hell did you just call me!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The image that I linked to was of an emblem on nazi SS (a division) hats...thus skull & bones. It was a coincidental joke.

Sorry, I just got back from a very mind-numbing class, my ability for association is about shot

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Sorry, his argument is invalid. No one thought the creepy goth kids in Columbine could do anything either, right? Age is simply no longer a factor as kids have proven that they are just as capable of performing acts of violence as adults are.

This has nothing to do with the supression of his constitutional right to free speech... Hats off to this young patriot... Too bad there aren't more like him willing to resist the establishment and refuse the piles of b.s. they try to force down our throats.

top topics

join