It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to forum descriptions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You used to see a description of the forums intended purpose when you clicked the link. now you see the top threads of the past 5 days ... I was just asked why Reptilian threads are no longer allowed in the Aliens and UFO's forum only to find I no longer had anything to point them to for reference. The forum descriptions are gone as is the thread announcing that reptilian threads were no longer to be posted in the Aliens and UFO forum, but to be started in the Skunk Works.

Could we please bring them back so people understand why their threads are in the wrong place when they are posted?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Are you sure they are ever there? I usually only saw the forum descriptions after clicking a thread link in the forum menu. For instance, if I look at the BBQ forum list, there is no forum description- only the top threads, as you say.

But when viewing an actual thread, like this one, I see the forum description:

'This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.'

It's the same set-up with the other ATS forums. Nothing on the individual forum main pages but they are there in every thread. If they were once there in the forum home pages, then I never noticed- I've only ever seen them in the individual threads.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hmm could be, it seemed like it used to be different. I would think it makes some logical sense though to have a description at the forum head so people would know what is allowed there BEFORE they start a thread.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
As a matter of fact, this is a quote from the All About ATS thread:

On the main forum page, you will find a listing of all forums and a description of the topics within. Please read the forum descriptions carefully and be sure your topic is going in the right forum.

But indeed, no descriptions. Too bad, I'm trying to figure out what the 'rules' are for the BTS Automotive forum.. I guess I'll just take the shot ;]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Yea, there used to be a description. But Reptilian threads always went to Skunk Works at least for as long as I have been a member.

AshleyD: Who is that in your avatar??

[edit on 5/14/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There definitely used to be descriptions. Good idea to bring it to the staff's attention because I know there have been site code issues as of late.

Surely it'll be fixed soon.

-Dev

top topics

join