It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockefeller given special briefing on Enhanced Interrogation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
During 2003 John Davison "Jay" Rockefeller IV received a special briefing on Enhanced Interrogation.

I found this very interesting, as normally the view is that the Rockefellers don't hold much power any more, but this one still seems to.

He is another democrat who says one thing and does another. If you want to call them a fake opposition, I'd have to agree in this case.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/cda35d45425f141d.jpg[/atsimg]

Though publicly deploring torture, Rockefeller was one of two Congressional Democrats briefed on waterboarding and other secret CIA practices in the early years of the Bush Administration, as well as the existence of taped evidence of such interrogations (later destroyed).[12] In December 2007, Rockefeller opposed a special counsel or commission inquiry into the destruction of the tapes, stating "it is the job of the intelligence committees to do that."

Just how can you be against torture, yet receive briefings on it and do nothing, then try and stop any inquiry?

His treason doesn't stop here though, oh no.

On September 28, 2006, Rockefeller voted with a largely Republican majority to suspend habeas corpus provisions for anyone deemed by the Executive Branch an "unlawful combatant,"

Yep, how much he loves his country, that he wants to take away the most basic rights based on hearsay from a crackpot administration.

What more could he do?

In 2007, Senator Rockefeller began steering the Senate Intelligence Committee to grant retroactive immunity to telecommunications companies

Ah, good to hear he's a supporter of the 4th!

I wonder how this guy feels about freedom of the media?

Well, he didn't just want to regulate violence on TV on broadcast/free to air, he wanted it controlled on Cable too. Yep, that would be a great precedent, give the FCC power over almost all the media.

As much as I don't really believe the NWO meta-conspiracy, there's no doubt after looking into this guy that the Rockefellers still have their dirty fingers in all the pies, and still have contempt for Americas traditions and it's peoples.

Sources
archives.chicagotribune.com...
sweetness-light.com...
www.washingtonpost.com.../asection
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 12/5/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Don't believe for a second that Rockefeller wields little power.

"For more than a century, ideological extremists at
either end of the political spectrum have seized upon
well publicized incidents to attack the Rockefeller family
for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over
American political and economic institutions.

Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working
against the best interests of the United States, charac-
terizing my family and me as "internationalists" and of
conspiring with others around the world to build a more
intergrated global political and economic structure - one
world, if you will.

If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

DAVID ROCKEFELLER "MEMOIRS" PAGE 405

join