It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some US soldiers forced to steal water in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Some US soldiers forced to steal water in Iraq

www.khou.com

Rations and problems trigger desperate measures to survive intense heat

“We were rationed two bottles of water a day,” said Army Staff Sgt. Dustin Robey, referring to 1 to 1.5 liter bottles.

“It really hit me the day I was with my commander and we’re stealing water,” Robey said, describing how they raided supplies at the Baghdad International Airport.

But they reached the airport and found plenty of water. It was in the hands of civilian contractors, who Robey claims were supposed to b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If you deal with a company to provide services, and that company keeps doing an immensely horrible job over and over and over, and also hurts PR as well repeatedly, then why keep doing business with a company like KBR?
I don't get it.... oh wait, I do!
We all LOVE Cheney war profiteers, that's the issue.

But then the question still remains, why purposely do horrible jobs?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A series of civil lawsuits against defense contractors KBR and its former parent company Halliburton claims the companies endangered the health of U.S. troops and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan by unsafely burning massive amounts of garbage on U.S. bases.

Six lawsuits were filed Tuesday and three more are scheduled to be filed Wednesday in state courts on behalf of current and former military personnel, private contractors and families of men who allegedly died because of exposure to the fumes from the burning garbage. Attorneys for the plaintiffs also are seeking to file a class-action suit.

Source: www.cnn.com...

Ummmmm.... What's going on here???????

KBR, the Army's largest contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan, is linked to "the vast majority" of suspected combat-zone fraud cases that have been referred to investigators, as well as a majority of the $13 billion in "questioned" or "unsupported" costs, the Pentagon's top auditor said yesterday.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Unbelieavable!

[edit on 12-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is an old story buddy. And yes it was true from around April 2003 to July 2003 we were ratioined on water, but not all soldiers were it was more of the combat guys. And it was due to the fact that we were still wating for the logistical aspects to come into play. Good bring up though, reminds me of the bath I took in the Tigris.

Edit to add the year.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

lol... ohh a horrible job... well you can get paid a lot of money and those who don't are trapped by debt.

If you are a state solider and fancy some freelance you can join companies like the "control risks" group and get a lot better money for the same job, I don't really like war profiters but it is another avenue.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I can just here Rummy saying, "You go to war with the water you have---not the water you might want or wish to have at a later time."

Jeezu, my husband and I each drink a gallon a day when we're out riding ATV's in the desert. Having combat soldiers drinking less??? SNAFU

The war should NEVER have been privatized to the extant it was! If military troops cannot carry out or refuse to deliver supplies, there would have been courts-martial. But KBR was exempt from military discipline and disciplinary action. It was all about contracts...stinking contracts...stinking contracts causing harm to our troops. Yeah, support the troops...only as far as you can throw a bottle of water.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Thats the way it is sometimes. Happens in every war.

Once the goods gets to combat zone a little is skimmed off the top. The next link in the chain skims a little off and so on and so on.

They wouldn't have died of thirst. If the potable water had ran out then they could have dipped their canteens in the local water supply and throw in a couple of iodine capsules.

Its not Fiji water but it does the job.

top topics

join