It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Symposium Offers Different Take on Aliens at Roswell UFO Festival

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Dont you think by now and over the milliniums that they would have aquired knowledge from us by now. They are superior in knowledge to us. I'm still missing the Europe connection.

I dont believe the Europeans had no previous knowelege of God or some divine intervention.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN
reply to post by ET_MAN

They will only come out when the timing is right. I think it’s nearing the time. We have Countries stating that they are ready to disclose.

I hate to break the news but from what I have learned a disclosure will never take place, it won't be allowed to happen. They know exactly what would happen if such an event took place, it's information that most of us are not supposed to aquire in this lifetime. We are here to be lost, to have religions, philosophy, truthful answers to evolution, creation and the universe will not be found in this lifetime.

If this theory is correct there will be a disclosure soon. My understanding is these Aliens will accompany the Anti-Christ when he steps forward and claims to be God. I cant think of any other rational explanation, as to why they want to disclose, unless they know the time is near.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Dont you think by now and over the milliniums that they would have aquired knowledge from us by now. They are superior in knowledge to us. I'm still missing the Europe connection.

I dont believe the Europeans had no previous knowelege of God or some divine intervention.

I meant the native peoples of other lands had no concept of the European God, and vice versa. Meaning that intelligent life sprung up all over the world and yet God didn't "reveal" himself to all of them.

And we've been studying nature since time began and there's still more to learn.
Asking questions about the universe and seeking answers isn't a finite process.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

He made some joke to another family member that maybe they only come down to feed.

Some of them do feed, I agree that information is not something we all would accept with open arms, it is a scary thought and how would the world react to that if it was included with let's say a disclosure? Sounds evil to us yet not considered evil but necessary to some, we feed off every other lifeform on this planet and it's ok for us so why not ok for some of them to feed on us? There are reasons why things happen and as we have a terrestrial eco system so do they. Our physical bodies are nothing more than necessary for our existence in this 3d world, most of us are obsessed about our physical appearance and bodies and we look in the mirror seeing what we see believing that is who we really are when the body we possess is temporary and not even really ours only for the meantime perhaps.. Not all containers possess souls, some races of ET's serve a specific purpose of what we would consider evil yet what everyone is missing and not seeing is death can bring change to one's soul and experiencing pain and suffering can bring enlightenment and advancement for some. For some of us it is very necessary to experience suffering, torment, pain and death.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

In which way do they feed? Do you mean literally? I was truly hoping it was a bad joke. I just find it hard to believe.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

When you say youve studied nature do you mean you believe in the theory of evolution?

Ive also studied in a biological sense. Ive taken lots of chemistry, biology, anatomy and science in college. Ive learned that life is extremely complex and couldnt have happened by chance. Most of my Professors’ agree.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Upcoming Great Deception

How else do you think that it will be explained to the left behind masses that at the twinkling of an eye, suddenly millions of people have disappeared, probably leaving their clothes, glasses, jewelry, hearing aides, pacemakers, contact lenses, artificial hearts, hips, and knees, and even their tattoos behind (1Cor. 15:53, 2Cor. 5:4). Why do you think that our modern technological society is so enamored with aliens and UFOs and close encounters of the third kind? Satan is preparing the masses left behind to believe that we were taken by aliens in UFOs. Fallen angels have no need for spacecraft but it is a modality that modern technological man will understand. Yes, there are "UFOs", unidentified flying objects. Yes, there may have been some abductions. But these are not aliens from another galaxy interacting with mankind but fallen angels setting the trap for the one of greatest deceptions in mankind's history. Satan is the prince of the power of the air (Ephesians 2:2) and his dominions control the skies above us and fill our minds with delusions and lies.

Link to article. www.ufodigest.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

I'm still curious, as to how they feed? Do you mean only reptilians?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You could just as easily make the argument that aliens are angels, or than God is an alien. In the end it's all speculation, because there's little, if any, truth left in religion... any religion.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow the world has become blind. That is why everyone is always saying the end is nigh. The end is nigher every time it is said. This time though it will be grand.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
"He is I & I am Him" : that which we demonize are only reflections of ourselves. allow me to explain. some people believe we are the 5th generation of inhabitants on this planet. Our universe is structure with fail safes so that if Our intellgences out weights aour Humanity then a test is issued by the Supreme beings. Our holy books tell us who and what we really are ( Torah, Koran & Bible ) they speak of "wars in heaven with the elder gods and beings like god. we suggest that although we serve god just who and what are we serving? divinty or something else. in the book of Enoch, he discribes God's appearence as well as a thier nice looking track suits. guess what happens when a high advanced civilization comes into contact with a premative group, the more advanced group is considered Gods. forgive my impretance but if you seek god in the face of the universe im sure you'll find them.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Just my two cents but when i wake up and can't move i feel intense thoughts of christ and then justification and then anger and then i'm all good. The reason i don't buy the "just paralyzed" stuff is cause i can move while i'm in the state, albeit slowly. The episodes last from 5 seconds to a minute....I don't even know i can't breathe i just get made.

That's sort of a waking dream. Your mind is still hallucinating (from your dreams).

I have them too, I just don't think of religion. Sometimes I wake up and I see my chair as a hooded cultist, sometimes I see my red back pack as a severed .. Sometime my shirt at the foot of my bed is a zombie.

I've even woken up and looked out the window to see Jesus standing on top of a chimney. I sat there for a minute, trying to talk to it. Later I discovered it was the shadow of a tree and part of the chimney viewed from an angle that gave me the perception of a robed Jesus.

It's all internal.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

Yes, well there isnt much faith left in "Religion" but there is still faith in God and Aliens.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Yes the time will be grand indeed! I'm also a bit surprised by some comments but overall it will be an interesting Roswell UFO festival.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SONGOD

That's an intersting theory but Ive never heard about the elder gods. There is only one.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Faith, religion, and spirituality are 3 very different things, that people tend to blend in attempt to understand them. Having faith in god is like having faith in peanut butter, it sounds nice, but it doesn't really mean anything. Religion is a government, a group of people with power, who will eventually corrupt. Spirituality is the awareness that there is something more than physical being, and the acceptance that free will is a contradiction of science and mathematics.

Faith and religion are man-made concepts, they're born, they grow, and they die. Spirituality is the truth, what lies behind those concepts, pick words wisely.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

I also believe in Spirituality but wouldnt compare God to peanut butter. Do you think Aliens have some sort of Spirituality? I do.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

Is it not possible that aliens are like that too? Just from other star systems? I mean... if there's but one god, why did he not reveal himself to EVERYONE? But no... every region of earth has it's own native religions and races of people.

Because that is the mystery of life. The mystery of God would be finished in the last days. You'll see Jesus Christ for yourself and I don't think it will make you very happy. He'll probably be coming down while a bunch of UFOs, tanks, planes, and a 200 million man army are gathered into a much wider valley of Megiddo after the biggest earthquake that will ever be. That's not my opinion. That's the future.

Well I'll be. Seems like you are a bit of a prophet then huh?

Telling the future and all that?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Joshua 6:21

They devoted the city to the Lord and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it - men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys.

Probably not the first incident of genocide on the order of one "God" or another, but certainly not the last that are performed under an allegedly religious reason or excuse.

I find it hard to believe, that a "just God, creator of the universe", would ever take such actions to fulfill the objectives of providing land for his (or her) "chosen people". In fact the whole idea of a "chosen people" seems dangerously close to the idea of "Aryan superiority" used by Nazi's to justify a program of genocide against the Jews. This is one reason why I believe it is more likely and more logical that the "gods" described in the bible and in other historical mythologies of the world, are possibly aliens, possessing superior technology and intelligence over the human civilizations of that time.

So it is ironic that one of the speakers at the Christian Symposium, Michael Heiser, will deliver a talk titled "Why an Extraterrestrial God Appeals to Today's Culture" as it seems that our forefather's were possibly following the orders and dictates of extraterrestrial gods, and many people may be doing so today, not knowing this to be the origins of their religion.

Of course, it could be possible that there is another explanation and Christians, Moslems and Jews are free to believe as they wish. It would be very interesting if ETs made contact who had knowledge of our past history of our planet going back thousands of years.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Being just and loving also means you will unleash punishment when it is deemed right to do so. How would children behave without even some sort of verbal discipline? It makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join