It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Symposium Offers Different Take on Aliens at Roswell UFO Festival

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodline

I wouldn't go jumping to conclusions like that now. I'm simply giving a little insight.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

It's interesting that you found 1 Bible verse to discredit the whole thing. This is nothing new but is a new twist at the Roswell Festival.

It will hold some weight. Other UFOligists have considered the same thing but denouced it because they are agnostic.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
Being just and loving also means you will unleash punishment when it is deemed right to do so. How would children behave without even some sort of verbal discipline? It makes sense.

You are right. Children that dont have dicipline do not feel loved. Very well said! We all must pay the price for our actions.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
But where this concept of 'discipline and love' goes wrong with religions mostly is the thought that one can be so bad that they are not loved for eternity.

That is the beauty that so many miss....Gods love is unconditional. Everything gets cycled to where we do receive what some call punishment...but it is reaping what you sow....

There is not a place that exists outside of God....we are being sifted and what we learn after death is where we went wrong, why we went wrong, and a life is fitted for us to return to reap what we have sown.

Yes, disiplene shows love, but some disiplenes send wrong messages...some disiplene is out of a short temper or short tolerance. Sometimes its not disiplene that is needed but extra attention. Sometimes its not just cut and dry....children have different personalities, some are tender and some are hard.

Ill never forget the day my sons principle spanked him with a wooden board 5 times without permission. He was in 4th grade. It didnt 'damage' him....he didnt cry (I was so glad because I didnt want to give her that pleasure). But the issue with me was...I dont spank...there are a few taps they get at age 2 or three...ya know, touching the stove or something severe like that. I was highly pissed off when she did that and it was not about love. He threw a eraser 2 desks lengths in front of himself to a friend. Since the day before he and a friend was sent to the office for talking while standing in line...she saw fit that he had gotten in too much trouble within that one week I guess.

Wow, didnt think it would take all of that to tell that little story...but ya see my point...we have to be careful with how we discipline. Im sure he felt that she had little hope for him...just some trouble maker throwing a eraser...ya.

I wish everyone could see the beauty in eternity....divinity would shine so bright we wouldnt need our sun.

It is a love beyond our imagination...we cant really grasp it....it is a love for itself....when we die, we see that to deny our divinity of God is to only deny our self. There is no self without Thee and we see that and are humbled and remorseful beyond measure. The balance of good and bad will always exists in the physical rhelms...they are made for this sifting process...there is a balance of both always, so others can learn from others as well as what they learn from their own self. The environment shapes most people and the environment can place darkness in souls. They see no other way, they see nothing but bitterness and attributes of the flesh (separate self) (ego).

It is complex...but yet so simple.

Telling people they are loved will go alot farther then telling them God will stop loving them. To think they dont have a divinity within them is wrong. They are just mislead, they cant see any light...and God understands how the environment and idea of 'individuality' affects our spirit. Not saying there arent repercussions, there are....cause and effect for sure....but its not eternity and its not a place separate from God or outside of God. When someone does something horrible....like the ones that killed Jesus....that action made others learn something....it was a part of the complexity. Without those that wanted him dead, we all couldn't of learned what we have learned from him.

Just adding thoughts
LV

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Being just and loving also means you will unleash punishment when it is deemed right to do so. How would children behave without even some sort of verbal discipline? It makes sense.

Verbal discipline is one thing... killing entire groups of people and calling it just punishment is another.
But hey... the bible does advocate having the entire village stone your child to death if he refuses to behave so I guess you're just standing firm in your beliefs... right?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I think that is a minor misconception. God will not stop loving them. He even loves the Atheists and created them.

It’s simply free will that they chose not to believe. I did enjoy your philosophy about love and discipline though.

I would be furious if someone took a wooden paddle to my child too.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
There is not a place that exists outside of God....we are being sifted and what we learn after death is where we went wrong, why we went wrong, and a life is fitted for us to return to reap what we have sown.

Admittedly, I am a novice at religion however your paragraph quoted above seems to infer reincarnation. The precepts of which seem to contradict other widely accepted views.

On the other hand, reincarnation is a way of rejecting the monotheistic teaching of the final judgment by a holy God....

Source: www.comparativereligion.com...

I'm fascinated, curious and puzzled at the same time.

Regards...KK

[edit on 19-5-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Verbal discipline is one thing... killing entire groups of people and calling it just punishment is another.
But hey... the bible does advocate having the entire village stone your child to death if he refuses to behave so I guess you're just standing firm in your beliefs... right?

Deuteronomy 21

18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Silly stuff.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Deuteronomy 21 is in the old testament. We did away with an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth in the New Testament.

I didnt notice your opinion about Aliens? Do you have one?

[edit on 19-5-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Hello Kinda Kurious

Yes, well I do have beliefs, but they mostly are based on observing all faiths, taking the primal actions of a god out of the equation (why would we need to better our self if god thee self is primal, egotistical, jealous, prideful ect). We are to better ourselves because thee is better then those primal attribute.

I think many miss the mark because they arent really seeking what their own reasoning's figures out, they read and accept. The bible says (just for example) to not use mans own reasoning's. I see big red flag there and I saw this as a child as well.

A couple of years ago I broke away and allowed myself the freedom that if there is a higher self that I am a part of, then I have my logic, reasoning and understanding here with me for this very reason....to figure out the nature of what would divine mean.

It is a path I will be on always and I now know, never to be 100% on anything besides the idea that I will likely be surprised over and over.

My mothers NDE was the icing on the cake for me, for the convincing of reincarnation. I had been studying the idea alot before that....but it really tipped my absolute (99% sure) that this could be the way everything, and I mean everything works. I share her experience when I can because I feel it is only right to do so and she feels the same way.

It was harder to accept that I was going to walk a lonely road in my belief then what it was to accept a book as truth because I had no social support (people and church). But....this is where the grace of humbleness taught me...a path is a lonely one, in order to assure it is a personal path and not another mans path one is following.

People say....well you just dont like the rules in the bible, you dont like that god is in control and will judge you one day. I saw my mother, humbly, judge her own self with a divine eye. She recognized her wrongs and it was only her who had issues with those wrongs....there wasnt no one telling her anything or a outsider (god, satan, angels) judging her. She wasnt looking at herself with a eye of flesh that is blinding, but through a pure thought, she was seeing herself and how different things effected her actions, her pride, her hates, ect.....

The humbleness that I saw in her was the purest thing I have ever seen on this Earth. It was like her entire life was flashing before her and she was in taking it all at once. It was very overwhelming for her also....but she was then comforted by angels and Michael and even the cheribms. I think the same creatures exists in every religions, yet are called different things. I think the creatures and forms of angels are a part of a beings mind complex somehow.

Through my inner seeking, I kept feeling called to the nature around me, to observe how it all returns to a source. This process is everywhere in the entire universe....all the way down to black holes having their place.

Then, I realized, all bad things have their place also, at least for this space and time.

If all we knew was daytime, how would we know how thankful to be for it without the night. If all we knew was every one loves and cares....how would we know how lucky we would have it without something to remind us the opposite of it. There has to be a forest to separate the light, so we can distinguish. Same with all religion, there are dark natures in many of them, but the point of this is missed. Its not that god is primal, but to realize, Thee is OH SO DIFFERENT then that. This is why I say, the bible is the best and most dangerous book at the same time. One can learn the difference of a primal nature (OT god) and a divine nature (mostly in the NT but the Holy spirit's nature is also usually shown as divine). People accept all natures claimed to be of god as god...I feel this is wrong and people are not discerning (which is what we are to do). Why would god allow such a thing to happen?? Again, its not god allowing it, it is man allowing it. But yet, still, the beautiful thing about that book....is the divinity IS in there....you just have to weigh the vine from the seed.

Why would all the answers be givin...that would defeat our purpose of discerning and learning about our own nature also. If god is jealous, then there is no reason for us to not try to be.

Does this make sense?

The best advice for all discerning is to 'weigh a vine by its seed'. Would a wrathful jealous almighty all knowing god be from a seed that is the light of divinity? What is divine? Can it be swayed, can it be tempted, can it be angered? I say no, it can not....and religions only can grasp a little bit of what god is without mans idea of primal thinking (such as a demanding punishing jealous god) seeping into the picture.

All one has to do is dare to ask.....dare to humble yourself before divinity, and ask from your most sincere self, if this divine killed babies in Egypt to prove a point, ordered man to kill nations for land. Then ask, is there any reason for divinity to be jealous. When you understand the greatness of divinity, it has no reason to be jealous, it is not tempted. It is like a force that follows order, not some entity making one decision today and then another decision tomorrow. Course then you get into issues of praying and if its even right to assume the path isnt perfect and you should dare ask god to change something in your life.

I have my own rabbit hole and enjoy exploring it very much now. I am very thankful that for whatever reason, something inside of me seemed to of came alive and broke chains in my mind from my upbringing, I feel these thoughts have freed my mind from a slave like idea that involved forced to beings. I feel more a part of Thee and more worthy of Thee then ever and its beautiful and wonderful. Here, we can deny that we are a part of this divinity, but in what I would call our light bodies, to deny god is only to deny our self of our own existence. We then see, we must continue through the sifting, to learn about our truest nature, which is divinity minus the physical body.

Believing in reincarnation is not a easy way out like religions throw it off to be., The idea that I might have to come back to a physical world and forget all that I have learned AGAIN scares the living life out of me. The funny thing is, I also believe that if I do learn what I need to, discern what I need to, I might come back as a choice to help another soul. Ones choices then seem to follow a order of doing what needs to be done, not because it is what we want. I dont expect others to just believe me, I say...seek it for your own self.

Sorry for rambles....I do love to discuss thoughts and ideas with others...your probably thinking 'boy did I open a can of worms with LeoVirgo' *smiles*....I hope my thoughts werent too far out there! Sorry also for going WAY off topic!

My best
LV

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Enjoying the link you gave, reading it now...thanks for that.

LV

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Hi ya wonderworld,

May I ask if you feel that God ever intended that we use the idea of a 'eye for a eye'...or was this mans misunderstanding of how we should manage things?

No wrong or rights...just curious of how you feel about that.

My best
LV

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
reply to

Hi ya wonderworld,

May I ask if you feel that God ever intended that we use the idea of a 'eye for a eye'...or was this mans misunderstanding of how we should manage things?

No wrong or rights...just curious of how you feel about that.

My best
LV

I guess I never questiond the Bible. It has worked miracles in my life. I guess we each have our own set of principles we follow. We all do soul searching.

To answer your question; I guess I would compare it to corporal punishment in todays terms.

I believe the Bible was written with Divine intervention. It is written that "no man shall taketh away or add to this book" God wouldnt allow a few extra chapters to be added or 17 taken away.

I dont claim to be a saint. I dont judge or condemn any other religion, except the occult.

I'm also not saying only Christians will be saved. Many children are raised by parents who truly believe in their teachings.

God doesnt damn others to Hell for not knowing, only the ones who do know and denounce him.

I also know a couple atheists, that are genuinley good people.

The best to you as well,

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I respect your honesty in your faith. Im sure one could assume with my posts that I dont take the Bible so literal, being that it was mans hands who wrote the scriptures and different men wrote the books, there isnt any telling how many different view points man was coming from while writing scriptures and history down.

I dont think that the entire bible was put together though when the claim was made that god said do not add or take away....so it would be hard to say that the entire book that ended up being put together was known on a 'whole' when man wrote that.

This is my fear, as many fear that others wont be saved because they dont accept Christ...I fear many miss the mark because they are been mislead without using their own reasoning. Dont get me wrong...I deeply care about all life and souls.

I also feel that reading between the lines of Jesus' teachings, that we were not meant to get caught up in literal scriptures, that everything we needed to seek Thee was already here.

I so worry about it....that many are not allowing themselves to seek Thee, truly.

Best intentions
LV

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Before we proceed further on this thread, I really honestly hope that everyone would just take a little break to watch this..
Best video of all time.. no kidding here...

And then say the world is the same it was the moment before...

Cheers,

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Actually, I meant to post this...

more heavenly voices from areal angels...

I hope this works...

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Deuteronomy 21 is in the old testament. We did away with an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth in the New Testament.

I believe the Bible was written with Divine intervention. It is written that "no man shall taketh away or add to this book" God wouldnt allow a few extra chapters to be added or 17 taken away.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I didnt notice your opinion about Aliens? Do you have one?

I have never seen one. I'm not entirely sure they exist. I am personally acquainted with many people involved in astronomy, physics and cosmology. A close friend of mine does some of the world's foremost work on dark matter. He also has never seen a UFO and is a skeptic. I am also personally acquainted with two men who is an honest man who said he's seen 50+ beings come off of a ship. I don't think I have to know much more than those stories.

I don't think you really care what my opinion is. You already have your mind made up don't you? I could call Christianity evil and provide as much proof as you have provided for aliens being evil. I could actually provide proof that european colonials were actually evil demons who raped, abducted, and murdered tons of innocent people in the name of CHRIST. Should I create a thread that says "are white euopean colonizers demons?" I'll answer that for you and say that I wouldn't ever dream of it.

My opinion is nothing. I'm not making a claim.
I gave the first paragraph to you as some background into what I am about.
I am interested in ufology.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I respect your opinion, as well.

Religion has some strange quirks in it. That's why my philosophy is a one on one relationshop with God. Not being branded that one denomination is above another. I do have some personal differences but all is good.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I do care what you have to say. I try to keep an open mind, as to learn more. We all have a difference of opinion at times. I appeciate a good debate.

This is just a theory that explains Aliens in a biblical sense. To those believers we see a differnt motive for disclosure. I'm confident we will get one before 2010.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join