It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Announces Dates for Meetings with Mideast Leaders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

White House Announces Dates for Meetings with Mideast Leaders

www.voanews.com

The White House has announced the dates for President Barack Obama's White House meetings with the leaders of Israeli, Egypt and the Palestinian Authority.

Spokesman Robert Gibbs says the president looks forward to welcoming key partners in the effort to achieve a comprehensive peace in the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well I wish him luck.
That dog just dont hunt in my opinion.

First Jimmy Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton and now Obama. Whose next the tooth fairy? All sides involved here are all about the posturing and photo ops then nothing substantial ever really gets done.

I hope something comes of this my hopes are not too high here.

SAD

www.voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think Obama will learn very quickly what it is like to negotiate with the Palestinians.

Israel will bend to the Obama Administration to stay in the USA's good graces, and make numerous concessions.

Israel will probably agree to Palestinian Statehood, giving the Palestinians part of Jerusalem, and withdrawing most if not all Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

The problem is that once Israel agrees to all of that, the Palestinians will say we want all of Jerusalem, we want the right of return, and continue to provide us with welfare even though we are our own sovereign nation.

Israel will then be told by Obama to give up the Golan Heights (an important source of fresh water in an otherwise dry region) and Israel will walk out and blamed for Obama's failure to secure a deal just like the Hedge Funds were blamed for Chrysler’s bankruptcy.

"What we are talking about is not Israelis and Palestinians sitting at the table, but Israelis sitting with Palestinians, Israelis sitting with Syrians, Israelis sitting with Lebanese," said the king.

While Palestinians seek a state in their long-running conflict with Israel, Syria wants the return of the Golan Heights, seized by Israel in a 1967 war. Israel and Lebanon's Hezbollah fought a war in 2006.

"I think we're going to have to do a lot of shuttle diplomacy, get people to a table in the next couple of months to get a solution," Abdullah said.
news.yahoo.com...

So Obama will try to force Israel into completely bending over, and Israel will probably seek new partners such as UK or Russia to create a strategic alliances.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by finemanm]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hrmmmm . . . Do I smell a 7 year peace treaty

top topics

join