It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She nearly crossed over with him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I would like to share something that my mom told me and what you think.

My mother and grandfather were always very close while he was alive, she later told me that they would play telepathic games with each other, as a child he started with guess a number, then moved on to more complex thoughts from there. As he was dying all of his children and my grandmother were present, my mom was holding his hand when he died. She heard the machine, and "sensed" him in the corner of the room. The doctors were able to resuscitate him three times, but she said he never "came back" he remained in the corner. While they were shocking him she was not holding his hand, but after the last time it was decided that they would not continue with the paddles and if he flatlined again that would be it. She felt that she needed to hold his hand again, after a few minutes he flatlined again.

Now, this is where is gets weird. She was flying, as she described through space, very fast and very far, there were other "people" none that she knows but others were present. She said that it felt like hours of flying and minor chit chat. After a point they stopped, he told her that she needed to make a decision if she wanted to come with him, she became very frightened. To which she replied that she had 4 very small children and needed to raise us, she let go of his hand out of fright, and instantly everything was gone and she in the hospital room holding his hand. She asked her sibling how long it had been since the last flatline, and they told her "maybe 2 minutes".

She was recently questioning this experience, and why she was so frightened, and why it ended so aburptly. It sounded as if she felt guilty about being scared, and maybe selfish for wanting to raise her children. I told her that perhaps she supposed to be scared, perhaps it was the emotion or the "shock" that she needed to break the connection. But, honestly, I'm not certain that is correct. What do you think?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I've had dreams where I've talked to my deceased Grandad, briefly, and he informed me very briefly of what does and doesn't exist regarding the afterlife lol. Pretty simple really, but I did have one dream where I was picking coins up off the floor that I dropped, and my Grandad next to me said "Are you alright?" and I replied "I'm fine, just dropped my money,".. and I looked up and jumped out of shock and woke myself up. lol, he was beaming at me, with a big smile and looked like he was glowing white. I was fairly annoyed at myself for waking up, and possibly missing another opportunity to talk.

I think it's fairly reasonable for your mum to of just been shocked at the experience, sometimes it happens, even though you'd expect yourself to handle it differently, it doesn't always happen the way you expect it to, no matter how much you may plan it out in your head.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
As a ghost hunter and medium I am very fascinated by your mothers story. It does seem that somehow her spirit was taken with your grandfathers into the tunnel.

What I do know- is that "the light" people see is actually a gateway- similiar to a stargate- that opens when you die. It is possible for more than one spirit to enter it at a time.

I think that your mothers experiences are genuine and I would encourage her to write it down so that she retains all of the experience. To have such an experience and to come back is remarkable!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Alesanjin

can you talk about what he said regarding what does and doesn't happen in the afterlife, you can't drop that in and not say anything, I am in suspense !

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yes, if you could elaborate a bit, I would appriciate it as well.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

It was odd how it came up, as grandpa passed almost twenty years ago. We were just reminising and she dropped it on me this past winter. All these years and she had never told anyone, I think initially she knew/thought that it was real, but as time went on I think she may be questioning the experience. The odd thing is she didn't mention the "white light" that people talk about, which I do not know how to explain. She clearly remembered being in a place, that she described as "space like", which I would intrepret as darker. As I write this, it sort of all fits together. My mother "is" Catholic, but shortly after grandpa died we quit going to Church, she left us in Catholic school, and every now and then I would ask to go to Church and she would take us, but it was as if she didn't believe in any earthly interpretation of religion, still doesn't, she does however believe in God or an ultimate creator. Whatever it may have been, it clearly had a profound impact on her.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing such a personal experience (even if it was your grandma's). I was holding my mom's hand when she died, and days before and especially at the moment of her death, she was clearly seeing something. She was very focused on it. I would give anything to have been able to see what she was seeing.

I don't mean to be graphic, but my mom was a fighter. She did not want to go. In the final minutes it was almost as if she was being "snatched" and pulled away from me. Hard to describe. She seemed like she was trying to resist and stay, but it was simply her time---she couldn't.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

When she said "space like" did she mean like somewhere in outer space, in the universe?

2 days after my Dad died he contacted me with a full on telepathic communication, it woke me bolt upright and I was quite breathless with shock . He was conveying he was allright, in fact he seemed excited by what he was experiencing, he had a female "guide" with him who I presume was helping him contact me and he was surrounded by the universe, ie as in outer space. It was if he was showing me he could see and go wherever he wanted to in the entire cosmos and he was somewhere in space as he contacted me- seriously. It felt like was on some sort of tour of things and was dropping by to tell me he was fine, still alive, and that the universe was teeming with life. It also felt like he was saying "wait til you see what's out here, you are going to be awed".

It was a profound experience for me.

So, I wonder if she meant "outer space" too ? That's where my Dad seemed to be anyway at the time he contacted me.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Yes, she definately meant outer space, but very far from here. She also said something seeing something like a hub. That the spirit would enter, she said she felt it went there possibly to determine what it had learned, but no one explained anything to her, as it was not her time to know. I'm suprised that she appeared to have a choice to continue and stay or go back. I always figured that "your time is your time". According to her, what she had seen was fine, like it was no big deal for her to be there, but any further and she would not be able to return.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

autowrench: Thank you. I too have had visits from my Grandfather, he passed in 1964, when I was but 7 years old. Grandfather told me some things about the afterlife too, and several other friends who have passed have told me things too. To me, these things are real, I realize to a fundamentalist this will seem like something else altogether. Grandfather, when he came, arrived in his prized 1951 Ford car, and we went riding around in it while he spoke to me. He was my Grandfather, for he did certain things that were between us only, an alien or demon would not know these things, or be able to be so convincing. Grandfather showed me the coal fields in W. Va., where he once worked, and I saw the mountains of slag where a mountain used to be. He said that our leaders possessed many free energy devices, and could release them if they wanted to. He told me it is grand on the "other side," his words, and that Grandma and all of my family was there, those who hadn't left for other places, and all would be happy to see me. He looked to be about mid 30s, he was 61 when he passed. Grandpa had Black Lung, and cancer of the Pancreas. He was a sick man, when I saw him, he was quite healthy. He had had a tattoo, it was still visible, but a scar on his face was gone. When I got back the last time, I could see my body on the bed, and had to sort of crawl back in.

Because of this, and two other "visits" I know that reincarnation is a real thing, and the theory of one life only is destroyed. I asked Grandfather about God, and Goddess. He told me there is a creative force, but no persona, and he said the afterlife was nothing like people thought heaven was like. Another thing, my Grandfather was a take no prisoners type of man,
and I know he killed at least tow men. He never went to Church a day in his life, and would run the local preacher off with a shotgun when he tried to talk to the women. So did he go to Hell? No, and nobody else does either, that is unless the person believes so hard he wants to go there.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I had a very similar dream about my grandpa. I remember it was within days of his death, but I forget how many, it was 20 yrs ago, like I said. He and I were also pretty close, given he and mom were so close we were there a lot, and lived there briefly when I was a tot after mom's divorce. After he passed, I was very upset, I had never experienced death and he was essentially my father or father figure until mom remarried when I was 5, so it really kinda shook me. Anyway, he came into my dream and we were flying around, and went into grandpa and grandma's house. We saw a bunch of people there very upset, he asked me if I knew why they were sad, and I told him because he died. He assured me that he was great and very happy, we flew around a bit more and he dropped me off at home. I have said it before and I say for the rest of my life, it wasn't a dream, even today I recall it very vividly and in my mind it is a memory, actually one of the best memories of my life so far. From that moment on I never worried about him again, as a Catholic child, I would constantly pray for him to be in heaven and happy instead of in purgatory or something, guess I thought I could pray him out
. But after our visit, I knew he was fine and there was nothing to worry about.
He's never come back though, he told me that would be the last time I saw him, and he was right, that was it.
Others I know say their relatives drop in all the time, makes me a little jealous cuz he only came back once. Although, I suppose that he may just be having a really good time.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That was very nice, thank you. You spoke of reincarnation, mom mentioned something about a soul being able to come back after 50 yrs? I'm not certain that she got it out of this experience, although this journey did seem to solidify her belief in it.

new topics

top topics

join