It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Revoultion Possible, Not So Difficult

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
same to you my friend

your picking a safe town and a safe city when that is not the case for all towns/cities...

and I agree with you... things need to change..

but do you not agree that war is not the answer..

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
First you said name one point. I did. Second I do not disagree with the thought that other means are available. No one here does. If you would look past your fear you will see all here have stated the same thing. NO ONE WANTS TO GO TO WAR. Our whole discussion here is about the chances of the people winning in an incursion against the U.s. military. It is a hypothetical situation that many here think is worthy. No one has called for revolution It appears that other means are becoming increasing slim. So we look to alternatives. This is only one being discussed.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Actually, the D.O.D. has reversed it's position on the issue of scrapping spent military brass casings instead of selling it in bulk for reloading purposes after an outcry from concerned citizens and ammo manufacturers.

a veritable storm of protests in the form of e-mails, letters and phone calls was being placed to members of Congress, and representatives of the DOD in charge of the military surplus sales.

On Tuesday afternoon, six days after the directive was issued, DOD rescinded the order, announcing it would once again allow the sale of unmutilated military brass to the civilian market. The threat had been averted.

Expecting the new administration to make a move against guns, everyone naturally assumed this was a back-door attempt to limit firearm use in the U.S. by the new administration. After all, remove the bullets, and the guns are useless, right?

www.ms-sportsman.com...

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sciencenewby

name one point in history where the city streets were safe to walk at night?

20 years ago, in this very city, anyone could walk anywhere, day or night, without fear of the good guys or the bad guys.

At 16:10 this afternoon, in broad daylight, on the other side of town (the 'good' side of town) my wife and daughter were robbed. In broad daylight, during rush hours, in a Waffle House parking lot, next to the interstate. My wife just sold her pistol Tuesday, and was unarmed.

This is what things have come to. Some folks don't think they have to work, just as long as you do. They'll just get what was yours, no problem.

Now, they're calling the house with death threats if we don't drop it.

I bet they're fixing to have a problem.

nenothtu out

Edit: New info. The original post was just after I got off the phone, and details were sketchy.

[edit on 2009/5/15 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

ARMED REVOLUTION POSSIBLE AND NOT SO DIFFICULT
By Bill Bridgewater

The only "newsies" that I have ever met that I didn't believe wasted oxygen by breathing were Dickey Chappell and Bernie Fall, both of whom were killed in Viet Nam because they believed that you couldn't report battles in the field from a bar in Saigon.

It is not easy to admit that a newsie stopped me cold the other day in the middle of one of their silly interviews. He had asked me to enumerate the reasons that I believed to be valid to support the private ownership of firearms.

We did not disagree over personal protection; he even admitted that hunting is legal in every state. But, when I stated that I believed that the founding fathers intended that we be armed against the possibility of our own central government overstepping its bounds, he quite bluntly asked me if I thought that an armed American citizenry had a snowball's chance in hell in an uprising against our own federal government.
www.lizmichael.com...

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT copy and paste entire web pages. Quote 3 paragraphs and link.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Byrd]

There will be no armed revolution as long as the Government abides by the Constitution and Amendments as ratified. There are enough safety valves in our system that hopefully armed revolution will never be necessary.

Montana, Utah, and Texas have recently passed laws to enforce the 10th Amendment that says that the Federal Government only has the powers explicitly given to it in the Constitution. Now, if the courts and the Government unlawfully say the 10th Amendment is outdated and no longer applies, then we might justifiably have trouble.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Its to late for a revolution..

The government does not fear the people nor will they take a militia, Ahem, nor will take one seriously especially when the militia would be out gunned out manned and wow out witted, for example just discussing it online would not create any surprise. Better off praying for a Koo if you are unhappy. I can assure you thou if a revolt was to take place, the system we know would be destroyed, and restarted...
A 5 percent element of chance would be all you could set your foundation on.. A small chance everything goes wrong. A revolt is not necessary, we need more compassion and understanding, without violence..

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Originally posted by xxpigxx

ARMED REVOLUTION POSSIBLE AND NOT SO DIFFICULT
By Bill Bridgewater

The only "newsies" that I have ever met that I didn't believe wasted oxygen by breathing were Dickey Chappell and Bernie Fall, both of whom were killed in Viet Nam because they believed that you couldn't report battles in the field from a bar in Saigon.

It is not easy to admit that a newsie stopped me cold the other day in the middle of one of their silly interviews. He had asked me to enumerate the reasons that I believed to be valid to support the private ownership of firearms.

We did not disagree over personal protection; he even admitted that hunting is legal in every state. But, when I stated that I believed that the founding fathers intended that we be armed against the possibility of our own central government overstepping its bounds, he quite bluntly asked me if I thought that an armed American citizenry had a snowball's chance in hell in an uprising against our own federal government.
www.lizmichael.com...

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT copy and paste entire web pages. Quote 3 paragraphs and link.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Byrd]

There will be no armed revolution as long as the Government abides by the Constitution and Amendments as ratified. There are enough safety valves in our system that hopefully armed revolution will never be necessary.

Montana, Utah, and Texas have recently passed laws to enforce the 10th Amendment that says that the Federal Government only has the powers explicitly given to it in the Constitution. Now, if the courts and the Government unlawfully say the 10th Amendment is outdated and no longer applies, then we might justifiably have trouble.

People use the generic 'fact' that the government must obey the Constitution to defend the governments actions in any regard.

The government will do anything, ie Patriot Act parts one and two, and people will defend it with "Oh if it was against the Constitution, they couldn't have done it, and they did it, so it MUST have been in accordance with the Constitution." Without realising that, if people blindly follow like that, they CAN do things not fitting with the Constitution, and they will still will defend it as such, with such blind logic.

Do not get me wrong; the nation of USA is, in paper, the most incredible, perfect nation to date, by an incredible degree. But the nation of USA is, in practice, the most corrupt and dispicable entity to date, by an incredible degree. Not that they are the worst ever, but the discrepancy between what is trumpeted by the media and TPTB as their values and their actions, is so so different.

[edit on 16-5-2009 by Vilkata]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
IMO a revolution would be way easily if we could storm the munition production plants. Even if we take them and the government blow them up, they shoot themselves in the foot...

Bare minimum in a revolution, we need to blow them up or take control of them. Without ammo, they are screwed.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Still no word what you are revolting against. Is it the because the size of Jimmy Dean sausage has been reduced? Could it be that you are angry about some online dating experience? I really need to know. I never even figured out what Timothy McViegh was rebelling against either. I seems to be just a general disatisfaction with life driving this counter-revolution. You want what now? You are going to shoot instead of vote?

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by sciencenewby

name one point in history where the city streets were safe to walk at night?

20 years ago, in this very city, anyone could walk anywhere, day or night, without fear of the good guys or the bad guys.

At 16:10 this afternoon, in broad daylight, on the other side of town (the 'good' side of town) my wife and daughter were robbed. In broad daylight, during rush hours, in a Waffle House parking lot, next to the interstate. My wife just sold her pistol Tuesday, and was unarmed.

This is what things have come to. Some folks don't think they have to work, just as long as you do. They'll just get what was yours, no problem.

Now, they're calling the house with death threats if we don't drop it.

I bet they're fixing to have a problem.

nenothtu out

Edit: New info. The original post was just after I got off the phone, and details were sketchy.

[edit on 2009/5/15 by nenothtu]

Imagine what would have happened if she tried to draw down on the thief. Thank god she sold her gun or she might be dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join