It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Revoultion Possible, Not So Difficult

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

You keep making the same error.

You assume a "let's all get on line and assault Washington" mentality.

As said so MANY times in other threads of similar concerns, that's not going to happen, thus your assumptions are without merit.

There will be an incident. An event. An assasination. A law enforcement execution gone bad. A natural, financial, or Constitutional disaster.

This event will be the catalyst.

With so many homes being confiscated, with so many jobs being lost, with so much anger building, it won't take much for the whole thing to go sideways.

When it does, we'll likely see a fair degree of anarchy and destruction.

THAT'S when those who would fight, would fight to RESTORE ORDER. Not assault DC.

And when order is eventually restored BY THE STATES, we can by the States, demand a return to a pre-1900 Constitution.

No fighting the military, no land assaults, no major battles, no massacres.

Sorry.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

How long have you been "pushing back", in what manner, and where is the evidence you've had any success for your efforts?

I'm not trashing you, I'd really like to know. Especially the evidence of success.
You have some good ideas, but I've probably missed most of them, as they've gotten drowned out by your arrogance.

Everybody realizes that a militant solution won't gain anything without a political leadership to structure the aftermath. You and I see things in a vastly different manner, most likely because we've had vastly different experiences of life. I've never seem with my own eyes the "kumbaya" approach work for anything other than keeping the citizenry bent over, oblivious to the rape and ruin of their overlords.

Buy hey, at least it keeps 'em "happy", thinking they're doing "something".

And the band plays on.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Your post makes no sense ,,,,,I can do it too watch.... Nebraska !! Its ok if you and some others are scared. The rest of us are not and we will put America back on track!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I guess some people are willfully blind and will be until they are the ones taken off in chains, hm? What a fantasy land you live in. I don't mean this to be offensive, but honestly...thats not healthy for the mind. Facts are more important than how you wish the world could be. You continue to persist in this idea that it would be "armed whackos" attacking the good people of the US. You evade the facts so well that you're either tragically delusional about the world around you, or you are intentionally trying to make those who feel threatened by being labeled as terrorists, look like the terrorists they have been labeled, for the horrible crime of wanting to be free. Sadly, I dont think many people even understand free, anymore. It's easier to live in a comfortable system and to conform to it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
In order for his "fantasy" world to work to support his thesis, it must be an all-out armed conflict of the patriots and militia going down blazing in fireballs and smoke, after they assaulted and massacred the innocent civilians of the nation.

It's all based on an erroneous assumption.

Therefore, invalid.

But what the hell, you've gotta understand how kids think.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Damn, I got into feeding the troll. After reading the rest of that post, your personal attacks are laughable. I didnt talk about any undefined they; I defined who, and why. I didnt make up a war; just because your lifestyle isnt threatened yet by those who seek to oppress, does not mean all are free. Such blind ignorance behind postured arrogance is the hallmark of the pseudo-intelligent that have destroyed the minds of this country. You play it well, but you are disgustingly naive. I wish you well when its you who can't live free. I doubt you'll have the spine to do anything about it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Every time I've responded, it's never been to you, that's probably why you feel I haven't fulfilled whatever it is that you want me to do for you. But, it's good that you know the future, Ms. Cleo. I had no idea there would be a catalyst for thousands of disgruntled Americans to rally behind with arms in hand and restore our country one laid off IT worker at a time. See, I'm in error, but all that sounds real sensible.

How about: We do our duty as citizens. Diligently. Intelligently. Without jumping to rash decisions and making everything much worse for ourselves. Abide by the constitution and respect the life of our fellow Americans. Right/left, we rally behind people who are still currently and actively defending the constitution and give them as much support as they need. We start honor collectives, networking systems to get real time info on house bills, what they're about, who's putting them in there, for what reason, and motives behind it. Spread like wildfire, and let those who are honest and consistent prosper, while we weed out the cheese#'s.

But, you're against all that "sense making, no killing innocent people" stuff, so just pass over the second part.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

Alright, well if I've got it all wrong, regardless of the support on the thread and via U2U, why don't you tell me how you invision an "armed revolution" like the OP posted going down and we'll discuss your version, as it's difficult to keep up with all of them so far.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well muzzleflash, if you don't vote you really don't count. What kind of government are you people hoping to institute in place of this...oh wait. I can guess. No one pays taxes and it's every man for himself? I'm guessing you armed revolutionists are under the age of 30, you're all men and none of you owns your own home.
Why don't you fight for a living wage?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Knowledge. Knowledge and education are KEY to changing this nation. Learning how the government works and trying to change it from the inside out is what everyone should continue to try. You can say "Well, it's been tried for 40+ years" and to that I add try harder. Really, think of the collateral damage from both sides of a revolutionary type war.

Unfortunately, corruption has taken a hold of our government and most of it's leaders. Power, it seems, is the only thing on their agendas. Going to college, getting your degree, working your way through the ranks, and obtaining a position that is influential enough is tough. This is especially tough when your intentions are good and those of your opponent are not. Add on to that, your opponent has money, and friends in lobby groups to get him elected. Then what happens? It will probably discourage a few but others will press on. Look at Ron Paul. Even amongst the big dogs, he still persists on trying to change this country. "The pen is mightier than the sword" He makes his change with words and paper, not guns and grenades.

Never the less, violent revolution would be a catastrophe. Any type of civil war (which is what this "revolution" thing would be) is the worst kind of war, in my opinion. You have brother against brother, countrymen who were great friends, now separated and killing one another. This is why I hate politics. They're man made and what does it do? It just divides people. People actually hate one another over politics. An idea.

Some users on here have talked about what members of the military would do if ordered to fire upon "Domestic Terrorists". You take an oath (which I have taken and will take again before going to BMT for the Air Force come August) That states that you WILL protect this country from terrorists both foreign and domestic, as well as follow orders from the President. No matter what.

Now, there would probably be 75% that would not attack these "domestic terrorists" but then you have the other brainwashed 25% that would.

To sum it all up: Make a positive change with words, hard work, and persistence. Not with guns, ammo, and explosives. Don't just sit at your computer complaining about the government and it's tyrannical tendencies; do something about it! Write your congressmen, protest, find like minded people and think of ways to better this country, without destroying everyone and everything in it. Stop watching T.V. and instead pick up a book. Don't listen to the MSM networks and stations, think for yourself. Become smart, not dumb.

As a little side rant, some Americans have this ludicrous "macho" attitude that unfortunately, is the image a lot of eastern countries see of us. I had a 40 year old redneck type guy in my Philosophy class last semester that when asked about his World View on the Middle East he said "I think we should just nuke 'em all. Then there won't be any problems." I cannot stand views like that, because people like that don't even think. That's exactly what they lack: logical thought. T.V. has dumbed down so many people, which is why I have stopped watching it for years now (minus Cash Cab lol). It's just a medium for lies, in my opinion.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
this thread was originally over if the people of the U.S. could indeed rebel if they wanted to. I believe, yes, they could. Now, another question has come up, would they? now if ever? i believe, its inevitable. but not likely anytime soon. as most of the people in this thread have said that they "support the constitution" as would 99% of the people living in america now. if the people were so unhappy about what the government was doing, they would change the government. remember, every time we vote, we have that chance to change things. if there is any bill or law, or anything that comes up, we can change it. even if its been in place for 10, 100 or 1,000 years, the people, have a right, and will inevitably change the system. and everyone knows, that rebellion, is ineffective, as some people have noted, that when a change in government comes because of rebellion, it usually doesnt end up well. so. why dont you, instead of using your brawn, use your brain, and change society without a fight. trust me, in the end, it will be for the better. of all of us.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Well, I do in fact have my faults.

Not many, but more than you can count.

I apologize to you for being a bit harsh.

We can just agree to disagree, and if we cross swords, let them be tipped.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Are you and Southern Guardian related? Or are both of you originally from the left coast? I could direct you to a good Deprogrammer to help rid you of your alternate reality…

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Now see there, you lost me. Might have been the incessant personal insults to persons you know nothing about, such as equating Dooper with "Miss Cleo". Dooper hold the opinion he does because he's seen the elephant before, unlike you, I suspect. Resorting to personal insult is the mark of a man who has not the wherewithal to propose valid and workable alternatives. That's just one example of several I've noticed in your responses.

Several of us here have been "doing our duty as citizens", probably longer than you've been walking the earth, and have yet to see that effort produce positive results in American government. Matter of fact, it appears to be on a steady downhill slide, despite the best efforts of many.

I think what really clinched it for me was your mention of establishing "honor collectives". Any sort of "collective" brings back some really harsh images to my mind, and is a buzzword betraying your politics. It goes a long way in explaining why you fear a "revolt", considering the powers that be in DC now. Keep up the good work for them, I'm sure you'll be rewarded handsomely. 20 million Russians, 3 million Cambodians, etc can't be wrong, can they? They got their rewards from their masters as well, once their usefulness was over.

I asked for concrete successes you've had for your efforts, and got nothing but more cyber-war from you, not directed at me, but close enough. All of your defense of the "collective" has caused you to ignore concrete answers and issues. Congrats, you've been sidetracked.

I reckon this is really just a long-winded diatribe to explain why you have become irrelevant now. I can't hear the explanations for the arrogance.

Consider yourself ignored.

Have a Nice Day.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/12 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
A question that seems to arise quite frequently :
Would the military fire on their own fellow citizens ?

Less frequently ...
Would the citizens fire on the military ?

I would imagine there are scenarios, where both questions could be answered in the affirmative.

Watching the guy next to you catch a round to the head, whether you are
anti Gov or military ,will probably be motivation enough to respond in kind.

And so begins the cycle ,with each side feeling justified in responding .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be a battle for hearts and minds ~ first to commit an atrocity loses that battle.

Any sympathy from the military towards the "disgruntled citizens" could evaporate, for example, with the reporting* of a massive car bomb taking out a troop convoy .
Which brings us to the not unsubstantial role the MSM would play in this ,informing the masses as to what is happening , shaping the message , labelling the components etc.

*Who will give your account of events , in the likelihood of clashes between sides ?

Fair and Balanced : ....... ?

The News Media along with the other Corporations will do every in their power to maintain the status quo , they are after all, in the money making business. The uncertain future offered by an overthrow of Government is something i imagine they will put there resources fully behind resisting.

I am not a U.S citizen , so my contribution is moot , but if i were, i would want to answer one question to myself ........
have i truly exhausted all other means possible , before resorting to violence, to achieve my goals ? Y/N

A great deal of work and hardship follows either answer .

Just my humble perspective .

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Of course, there's always aberrations in every group, and that would include the military.

I noted in combat, and let me stress that point as a military in combat conditions behaves a lot differently than during peacetime.

In combat, we would note those other members, who were enjoying it too much, were on the edge all the time, had a chip on their shoulder for the predetermined enemy, and would go to extremes in the performance of their duties.

They would be warned by others, and if they persisted, often enough, the next firefight, they were shot.

And not always in the front.

The military like other organizations is largely self-regulating. Sure, you get some leeway, but those things that go against human nature and good order bother the other, decent soldiers.

I'm not worried at all about our military. We leave them alone, and I have an good idea that they'll be more than happy to leave the citizenry alone.

But I would expect them if attacked to fully defend themselves, as anyone would.

I feel badly for them if this goes sideways. Going to be a lot of gut-wrenching among the lot of them.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I see people on here comparing vietnam to the US..

lets not forget WE were a stranger in a strange land...The VC new there land just as you and I know our home towns..Giving them supiriority in that aspect..

If you truly researched the tech those guys had,and very,very few had anything more then a palmetto leave rolled up with rice ,sandles and an Ak,you can see that anything is possible..

Todays millitary..So many are so fed up,they know that this country has gone to #..The few i know wouldn't hesitate on flipping off there CO's and going AWOl with what ever they could take with them..

You had better beleive that if any blue helmets set foot on this land the average vet wether old or young,will take that as an act of war..

Something i hope to never see..

I hear that it will take years for the system to get back to good..come on, have you ever,I mean ever seen a powerfull entity give back power once they get it??...If you think it will happen,I'm sorry for you..

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Dude, you are so brainwashed or your one of them....I am going with the latter. Your attempts are futile..I havent got a chance to even finish reading the thread yet and all I see is you replying to everyone trying to convince us we are wasting our time and we dont know what to do ....I wish I was a better writer.....I am not going to post anymore till I finish this thread....then It will probably take all nite to write my thoughts.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Let's go with your line of thinking here.

If a catalyst event took place, and I was a willing patriot rebel fighter, where do I meet and join the band of brothers ready to Fight?

When do our enemies show up to battle us?

What actions do I take?

What do we all do?

You have to elaborate and think things through rationally. Lets do this and it will help you see this method of revolt or revolution is not realistic.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by xxpigxx

Okay, so you're out for yours. You're convinced the government is so bad, it's course irreversable, that it has to be "overthrown!" There is no other way to end the greed, corruption, and oppression. That's you. What about the tens of millions who are content with what they have? What about the tens of millions who agree and are relatively okay with the (awful) form democratic representation they currently have. Hell, what about the tens of millions of people (who I would group myself under) who believe that with good will, unwaivering integrity, and collective bearing that things can be reversed. Are you or the man who wrote the article going to decide what is right and just?

I once remember a man who called himself "the decider," and I didn't agree with how that whole thing panned out.

Well said! I do not think many people touting revolution really look at the larger social, emotional and reconstruction issues that would ensue if there ever were a full fledged revolution in America. Too many are too eager to shoot rather than shout for their rights these days.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by nonnez]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join