It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Revoultion Possible, Not So Difficult

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Those questions have nothing to do with the topic. We aren't talking about ignorant trigger-happy rednecks or whatever term you used. We are talking about free men being targeted simply because they are different and wish to be remain free. You can' dispute that its different this time, the evidence of such targeting is out there in plain view.

Again, it has nothing to do with fear. You just can't see past your towering arrogance to actually understand the issue.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

The thread you pointed to doesn't show anywhere that revolt is "illegal". It provides a remedy for govt should said govt push it's citizenry too far, to wit: throwing a temporarily convened militia at them. Note that it nowhere mentions this as a proper use for a standing army, and indeed it nowhere even authorized a standing army.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the standing a army we have now will tell the federal govt, for the most part, to piddle up a rope. That's what I've been hearing from soldiers, anyhow. There probably will be a few that toe the fed line. I hate that for 'em.

I think the gov't will have a hard time mustering any sizeable militia to throw at the citizenry.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Again, this demonstrates how you lack the fundamental understanding of reality to even address this issue. THIS IS NOT ABOUT BRINGING WAR TO OTHERS. Its about the war being brought to you, and how you respond. Ban all wars? Oh, thats rich...so when they come for you, you better grovel like a good slave. War is the last option against oppression; however, it is a necessary one, especially if the war is brought to you.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

One does not need real chains to be a slave. Look at the system and tell me truly you are not a slave, or some may call it a rat race, you are born into what you are born to, with the exception of a lucky few you stay in that class. The public education is a joke, you dont get a true chance to succed.

Now by no way am I saying soclism is the answer, but there has to be a better way to do things, and equality for all, Are goverment does understand this nor do they care.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by saturnine_sweet

"Rights" are a word.

The only rights we have that are absolutely inalienable are to breathe, thoughs, and movement and even those can be taken away from us. That is what is in jeopary here. Gunning people down isn't a way to achieve that.

Once again, you show your lack of knowledge of our founding documents

What would a bunch of uncoordinated people with guns, shooting down innocent people serving the federal government, preaching about a "revolution" do for the rest of us?

LMAO who said anything about any of that? Delusional much?

You want to see your guns taken away?
You want to see everybody monitored?
You want to see you stripped of so called "rights?"

Already been done

Being an uneducated jackass on a rampage with a rifle would ensure all of your fears of your government come to life in short order.

Once again . . . typical name calling the other side when you do not agree.

reply to post by xxpigxx

My reply was unanswered from him, I want you to answer in your own words, dude. Speak for yourself.

Is it too hard to understand that my answers are what his answers were?

reply to post by Reading

Like talking to a brick wall . . .

THIS HAS BEEN TRIED FOR THE LAST 40+ YEARS. IT IS NOT WORKING OUT TOO WELL.

and next, you will be saying that half the people blah blah blah

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx

2.) HALF the people did not vote for the current administration. Do more research before you throw that one out there.

[edit on 12/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

actually that is very true

allow me to back this up with some relevant facts

the population of the United States is estimated to be 306 million according the the Census

check this out, its their .gov site
www.census.gov...

Now, only 69,498,215 people voted for Obama
69.5 million basically

almost 60million voted for McCain

now heres how i will determine percentages (because i am just guessing here lol)

306million (total population) divided by 100 = 3.06

69.5 divided by 3.06 = 22.71

so 22.71 % of the population voted for obama (and he won lol)

ok how many voted for mccain?
60 divided by 3.06 = 19.6

so the 19.6 % that voted McCain + the 22.71% that voted for Obama only equals 42.31

ONLY 42.31 % vote between republican and democrat for president

MOST Americans didnt vote (over 50%)

"more than half the people voted them in" WHAT NUMBERS are you using ???!!!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
the ones whom we are fighting can field an army that will actually kill us, which I doubt could be done with National Guards, Army, or Marines, and the SOG Teams, these men and women are Americans, and would stand with Americans, as would a great deal of the police force, both State and local. Who would be left? Blackwater would, and perhaps other groups like them. The States would have control of the State arsenals, and most origanized Militia would obey the State they are operating in. We all need to stand behind our State Governors as out leaders, if they are true, if they are not, take them out of the office.

According to Jesse Ventura, the Federals have been packing state governments with their people. Those states not taking any action to affirm "states rights" should be considered suspect. Who, really, is running those complacent states when the federals are acting like they've lost their freakin' minds??

Also, it's a sure bet that a percentage of our military and/or special forces will just follow orders. IIRC, special forces out of North Carolina participated in the massacre of men, women and children at Waco. Special forces have also been directly tied to the torture and murder of Iraqi detainees.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marktwain

SF soldiers are not the bulk of US forces, the bulk of US forces are out of the country right now. So what does that say? That if it came to it Foreign Soldiers woill occupy American Soil, and I gaurantee that once that occurs SF will in fact become enraged and fight with us.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

One does not need real chains to be a slave. Look at the system and tell me truly you are not a slave, or some may call it a rat race, you are born into what you are born to, with the exception of a lucky few you stay in that class. The public education is a joke, you dont get a true chance to succed.

Now by no way am I saying soclism is the answer, but there has to be a better way to do things, and equality for all, Are goverment does understand this nor do they care.

I promise you, we have more in common than we don't. I too believe the taxation in America is completely out of control. There is a tax for everything! Even death! I don't agree with this, I'm an opponent of it, not a proponent. I champion elected representatives who are trying to change that. And education is a joke, and I can't believe the funds allocated for the "no child left behind act." There's a good rule of thumb for government branding, is that everything is opposite of what it says it is. "Public Water Safety and Protection Act" means "We're dumping more # in the water and you're drinking it." The "Patriot act" means "you have no rights anymore act."

That I agree with, I know. I'm pissed, too.

But that doesn't mean launch a collective effort to kill people over it. It means we have to prosper. We have to take it upon ourselves and assume responsibility for our own actions and even that of others! And "class" has nothing to do with happiness. That's why all these rich kids are polishing themselves off by way of suicide. Hell, even Owen Wilson tried to kill himself. It has nothing to do with birthright. We're just an unhappy society, and until that changes nothing is going to come through for us.

I'm not a slave, either. I don't take orders from anybody, I have freedom to move wherever I want, I have taken certain measures to maintain my own principles in conjunction with the government ( I say "no") and I live my life always to better those around me.

And I know you don't want to get into any philosophical bull#, but really, sir, Ghandi had it right.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”

I can't change anything, if I'm #ed up. If I'm ranting and raving. Always looking over my shoulder, and advocating killing people to better my circumstances. If this American revolution is going to take off, it's going to because we're better people then those greedy bastards. Because we give and they take. If we helped each other, we wouldn't rely on the Federal government for anything and the only real power they have is fear. With fear, they are nothing.

We have to unite, not to kill or maim other human beings. Especially considering they're literally doing their jobs and are just as confused as we are. This revolution doesn't need bullets, it needs knowledge and good will. If we practice this, they're #ed! They're SO #ed!!! Then, they don't have fear, they don't have distrust, their money only goes so far, they don't get any money from taxation, we don't support their wars...

It's good will that will triumph, not fear.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I totaly agree with you, I said war should be the last option. But the peaceful solution is warring thin. Look at Ron Paul 20 years he has been in congress and yet the man hasnt been able to get much accomplished.

My question to you is this, how long will you allow them to push before you push back?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
shame on bill bridgewater! what kind of man gets off thinking we need to kill people to fix our issues who the hell made him genghis khan this maniacal motherf!$@#er seems to think because our government is oppressive we should kill anyone who is apart of it!
I'll be the 1st to say the government sucks ye but murder is hardly what i would call a reasonable action, has anyone forgotten ghandi or MLK or anything about changing a country with peace?
what we need isn't guns knives or missiles but men women and children all standing for one idea of change (not Obama style)and one idea of government through reasonability and compassion! not running around with an M-16 or G36 aiming for random government officials without any thought of another way!
this is a modern world with modern people holding a dream of a paradise that is in our grasp we need to stop complaining about our country and coming up with violent solution because everyone is too lazy to go out and fix our country with what it was founded on and thats hard work, patriotism, selflessness, and charity to help our neighbors in the pursuit of happiness despite their politics their religion their race their appearance or anything that we judge them on.
america used to be beautiful and loved by its people because the people used to know out there somewhere there was a paradise awaiting them and someday they would get it and until they did they would make the best out of whatever they had and cherish it.......but now it is full of anger and hatred formed by its representatives and we hate anyone who is different in anyway from us...we are selfish and dont help those stricken with poverty.....instead of improving things we blame others no matter if they are a president or a citizen but remember we cannot blame anyone but ourselves for our problems we are the disgusting animal that has destroyed our nation we started this nation and will be the cause of its unfortunate end!

you all watch too many movies! get with reality and see the problem and its true solution! we are no longer the blood starving animal of our ancestors we are civilized and have the gift of peace... we just refuse to use it

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

What the article says is that a war like Viet Nam, a guerilla force whipped up on the most powerful nation in the world, they won by attrition. America won all the battles, but lost the war, and that is just how it would be IF...the ones whom we are fighting can field an army that will actually kill us, which I doubt could be done with National Guards, Army, or Marines, and the SOG Teams, these men and women are Americans, and would stand with Americans, as would a great deal of the police force, both State and local. Who would be left? Blackwater would, and perhaps other groups like them. The States would have control of the State arsenals, and most origanized Militia would obey the State they are operating in. We all need to stand behind our State Governors as out leaders, if they are true, if they are not, take them out of the office.

No offense but many of us have sworn oath to defend the Government. When the term comes up "Defend against all enemies foriegn or demestic" The oath is really talking about the Military defending the Government and Constitution from domestic terrorists or better known as revolutionary fighters. Therfore, if you are enlisted in the service and you don't fight along the side of the government you will be arrested and probably put to death under a revolutionary war situation. You ( the general public ) will have no grounds to call anything unconstitutional because the government will be run completely by from courts to the oval office. These constituional law professors will translate law to better serve their agenda and crush any opposition.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

What the article says is that a war like Viet Nam, a guerilla force whipped up on the most powerful nation in the world, they won by attrition. America won all the battles, but lost the war, and that is just how it would be IF...the ones whom we are fighting can field an army that will actually kill us, which I doubt could be done with National Guards, Army, or Marines, and the SOG Teams, these men and women are Americans, and would stand with Americans, as would a great deal of the police force, both State and local. Who would be left? Blackwater would, and perhaps other groups like them. The States would have control of the State arsenals, and most origanized Militia would obey the State they are operating in. We all need to stand behind our State Governors as out leaders, if they are true, if they are not, take them out of the office.

No offense but many of us have sworn oath to defend the Government. When the term comes up "Defend against all enemies foriegn or demestic" The oath is really talking about the Military defending the Government and Constitution from domestic terrorists or better known as revolutionary fighters. Therfore, if you are in enlisted service and you don't fight along side the government you will be arrested and probably put to death under a revolutionary war situation.

We diddnt swear to defend the goverment we swore to protect the constition, first not the goverement.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by xxpigxx

This is why I respect Ron Paul so much. He is outfoxing the foxes. House Resolution 1207 is a masterpiece that will smoke them out and declare all who oppose traitorous. He's not hooting and hollering for us to take over D.C. He's not calling for armed resistance. He's becoming knowledgeable about the law in which they speak, after so many years, he's found a way to divide and combat the Federal Reserve. This is the "war" of the 21st century, which you should notice has nothing to do with your 9mm and a bugout.

I respect Ron Paul as well and i was stoked when HR 1207 came out. Have you looked at the bill lately? Its been completely gutted of any substance by all of its "co-sponsors". I used to think that things could be changed politically. It's pretty obvious to me that no matter what we will not be able to change the system from the inside. That said I'm still going try. I am running for my state legislature. I call my Senators and rep so much I'm on a first name basis with there receptionists. I have no wish for conflict, but there comes a time when it is the only thing that can bring about a change. I can guarantee you that the first shot will not be fired by me.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by ArtemisFowl

You guys do not realize that we are not talking about going off half cocked.

We are talking about a response to something that is initiated by TPTB.

They are going to do something that will be the straw that broke the camel's back . . . and you guys are going to want to talk it out . . . all while they trample us.

We will stand up when that time comes.

[edit on 12/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Good read. Yes the fed is a "scarreded beaver" (taken from the cartoon, Angry Beavers) That is why all the FEMA camps ....and all the food they have been taken to the D.U.M.B's The so called terrorist list so they can remove all possible threats before they set up final camp.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet

Again, this demonstrates how you lack the fundamental understanding of reality to even address this issue.

Let me cut your food up for you...

If there was an armed revolutionary effort in the United States, we'd have to assume it wouldn't, at least at first be very coordinated. Government would immediately go to great lengths to secure the threat. They would then go into protectionist measures, much as they did after 9/11. We'd be subjected to personal checks everywhere we went. I imagine Israel. Taking clothes off, checking cars, searching homes, taking in people in for questioning, etc... Then they would go into offensive measures and really put that Patriot Act you fear so much to good use instead of a scare tactic. They would come do a sweep of "suspect" houses coordinated with local police. Guns would probably be heavily monitored if not outright taken away. There would be curfews and people being taken away from their homes for questioning. All the while the news media would be hyping the events that unfolded soley for the protection of the government, that everyone involved would be a "domestic terrorist" and would have "information hotlines" breeding distrust and betrayal much like you have in Afhganistan and Iraq, where everybody and anybody is a suspect. I couldn't imagine the media campaign against something like that and the fear induced purging of suspicion that would follow.

With just one old college "try" as xxpigxx wants, you'd have the Patriot Act justified, guns taken, and real "rights" taken away. Also, with the hysteria that the news media creates, where would people run/trust? That's right.. The big bad government that you were ragin' against, only further more empowering them.

So with one FAILED attempt at your own brand of "justice." You! Not THEY! have taken the rights away from your fellow Americans, ensuring the submission of a people, only alleviated by intelligent "patriots" trying to restore those rights that you have condemned. Think of how many idiots can shoot a gun and what a mess they could create for us. Now think about all the intelligent, learned people fighting the freedom front with law that could combat their multi-million dollar team of legislature, corporate yard boys.

This is the difference between failure and the possibility of success, but have fun shooting at "them." I hope you get your ass arrested in such a lame attempt at dishing out your own version of freedom unto others.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT BRINGING WAR TO OTHERS. Its about the war being brought to you, and how you respond.

What war are you babbling on about? There is no war. There is tension and pressure, but there is no war! There is no troops on my street, in fact, I live right next to a helicopter yard and rarely see Apache's and Blackhawks. Your paranoid delusion is the "war." I can't see it because it's "yours." It's all law, paper, and litigation. I haven't been detained against my will, nobody I know has been detained against their will, and some of them are more sketchy than I'd like them to be.

I'm much more into Ron Paul's style of pursuing liberty. You don't do it with guns or half-brained attempts. You do it with knowledge, and dominance because of that knowledge. They can cover up the truth and manipulate for so long, but truth is undeniable and someone bringing it to them is inevitable.

Being worse people isn't going to solve it. Being volatile is only going to justify the government. So what are we left with? Knowledge and adhering to the Constitution as a people would be our best bet. Look how much headway Dr. Paul has made ever since he's had the momentum. He's about to make history with HR1207, and history that you could possibly undermine with a lameduck attempt at an armed conflict.

so when they come for you, you better grovel like a good slave. War is the last option against oppression; however, it is a necessary one, especially if the war is brought to you.

You choose to be a slave. Nobody is a slave unless they allow someone to be their master. And as Po'ed said, I would rather die than be a slave. But right now, that is irrelevant. I'm not even struggling. I'm in the position where I am trying to help people via charity, I have no wounds to bare. You keep acting like you'll do something, and I'll just do something pro-active right now. Doing things that actually help other people, instead of babbling about how there's a war, and we'll be slaves, and how unidentifiable group only known as "they" might get me for whatever reason, blah blah blah. If anybody is a slave it's you, to your own fear and paranoia. It's a tragedy how many people are afraid of the unknown. I've never been that way... I love the unknown and I am prepared with good will for whatever comes my way. You keep looking over your shoulder.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

No offense but many of us have sworn oath to defend the Government. When the term comes up "Defend against all enemies foriegn or demestic" The oath is really talking about the Military defending the Government and Constitution from domestic terrorists or better known as revolutionary fighters. Therfore, if you are enlisted in the service and you don't fight along the side of the government you will be arrested and probably put to death under a revolutionary war situation. You will have no grounds to call anything unconstitutional because the government will be run completely by a shadow court system of constituional law professors who will translate laws to better serve their agenda and crush any opposition to the NWO.

Good Luck but I took an oath!

You swore an oath first and foremost to the Constitution, and to the People; you swore to protect the government only inasmuch as it is a tool used to help the People within the confines of the Constitution. When the government has failed to do this, it is no longer a 'valid' government as per the Constitution, and no longer for the benefit of the People.

The Military of a nation's People is subservient to the Government only as long as the government represents the will of the People. To use a quote from you, the phrase "Defend against all enemies foreign or domestic" refers to whoever may be a threat, and many agree that the government itself is one of the biggest threats to America, 'foreign or domestic."

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Only thing I dont quite understand was the quote " the Declaration of Independence has never been repealed and that it *requires* all citizens to rise up against an oppressive government." Could someone expline a little better without writing a novel ?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I'm pushing back, but "pushing back" the way you want to will only cause problems for the American people. I'm pushing back with fearlessness, goodwill, and am unphased by their lame attempts at making us faulter. I'm here to make this world a better place, not a worse one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join