It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Revoultion Possible, Not So Difficult

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
You're afraid of your rights being taken away. You're afraid of words on a bill that haven't been passed. YOU ARE AFRAID of things that go against your will that cannot and probably will not be immediately vetoed, either by the people or the politicians.

No actually, to be perfectly honest, the only thing I am afraid of is YOU being the one next to me in the trenches and on the battlefield when the SHTF.

Tell ya what, you just stay home- but only on the condition that for the next year you will do a research project on how it was that true patriots liberated this country the first time from tyranny. Once you understand, maybe one of us will promote you to grave digger. For we will need someone to go roll the founding fathers back over in their graves again so they can rest in peace for the next 200 years.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Hmmm... today they have thermal imaging, UAVs, robots... cameras everywhere, high altitude blimps, microwave guns and ...

do some kind of false-flag terrorist attack and blame it on the resistance...

wake up and fight for the resistance side.

Hmm, perhaps this is what the Terminator movies are really hinting at, objects in the future are closer than they appear.

The Founding Fathers and the people who stood beside them did not give up, and fought for and won against a government that pursued them across an ocean, only to lose to the people.

Some thing governments have done again and again through out history and always will. People who say the government is all powerful need to pull their heads out of their arses and see the world for what it is.

History repeats, plain and simple get it right for a change by remembering that and the world could be a better place. Did the Romans think that Rome would fall, did the Gauls who once raided the Romans think they in turn would be defeated by Caesar. Governments come and go, times change yet the people still fall into two groups, those that see their cup and think it's half empty and those who know it is half full.

The Founding Fathers knew that government was not the solution, so they set the corner stone for us and built the foundation for which this Nation was founded.

The USofA was not established by people with a defeatist attitude or a false confidence. That will not suffice and can be summed up with:

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams

An armed "Revolution" possible, is there any question?!

For those who said yes, no offense but look around you on the floor, because I suspect half your brain fell out.

Dang right it is possible, and will continue to remain possible as long as the United States Of America exist as it was intended. For the People, by the people, we the people.

UNITED WE STAND, THE REST IS, NOT AN OPTION!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

your god damnd right theres a possibility..

With the risk of being whipped with the one line rule..Cuz Im silly like that..

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by xxpigxx

Good article, It seems more and more every day war is on the minds of Americans. If I was in the federal goverment I would be really scared.

Indeed.. and not at all ironic, the fact that like every other time in Human history, this is being instigated by "The Powers That Be".

THEY drew the lines in the sand, and said "Us vs Them" with their policies. THEY decided to support the few, forsake the people, and work for their own end goals.

American's seriously are not the blood crazed cow boys the World so often portraits us as. We are actually quite complacent. However our history shows the truth, that when all hope is lost we turn into savage beasts, and as the article states I doubt the Feds could do much about it. If there was a consolidated support base for the "movement".. which imo won't happen any time soon.

People are angry.. but not nearly angry enough to do something about it. Most are still hoping for that "Change" we where supposed to see. I believe we should all hope for the non-violent solution .. but the political system works against us.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by xxpigxx

Good article, It seems more and more every day war is on the minds of Americans. If I was in the federal goverment I would be really scared.

Indeed.. and not at all ironic, the fact that like every other time in Human history, this is being instigated by "The Powers That Be".

THEY drew the lines in the sand, and said "Us vs Them" with their policies. THEY decided to support the few, forsake the people, and work for their own end goals.

American's seriously are not the blood crazed cow boys the World so often portraits us as. We are actually quite complacent. However our history shows the truth, that when all hope is lost we turn into savage beasts, and as the article states I doubt the Feds could do much about it. If there was a consolidated support base for the "movement".. which imo won't happen any time soon.

People are angry.. but not nearly angry enough to do something about it. Most are still hoping for that "Change" we where supposed to see. I believe we should all hope for the non-violent solution .. but the political system works against us.

Couldn't agree more. A good 'sign of the times' is the fact that several states have recently become much more active in voicing thier rights to sovereignty. The Fed should be paying heed to this, but I doubt that any serious attention is being focused on it because, of course, it's only words. Has the Fed actually forgotten about one of it's own greatest documents of 'words', the Declaration of Independence?

Don't get me wrong, I truly want a peaceful resolution to the eroded confidence in our current government. But I can also imagine the not too distant rattling-of-sabres should things not at least begin to change for the better very soon. I own weapons and am stockpiling ammunition; not to join any militia, but to protect me and my own from the the 'unsavory' side of civil unrest that I also envision in the not too distant future.

My weapons will not be taken from me. Period.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

It is going to require people taking every single life of those who serve the public trust in order to bring about that change. If you leave any of their ilk behind or alive, they will rise again another day and do the same thing to everyone again.

This is the lesson learned from Scripture about the Hebrew people. When the Almighty sent them to kill their enemies, He told them to kill everyone, burn everything, pilfer nothing and all would be well. But NO, they pilfered from their enemies and thus have been having to deal with them to this very day.

Welcome to the Theocracy .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With such sentiments expressed or acted upon , any resistance will spend time disavowing themselves from such people or groups,when they choose to act on their divine inspiration.

If you don`t control the media , your message will be whatever others say it is, there will be plenty of "Evisscerator" types lined up to speak for you .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted by Evisscerator

It is going to require people taking every single life of those who serve the public trust .....

I realise i am highlighting "the squeaky wheel" in the discussion , but that is precisely what the MSM will do ad nauseum .
Nice evocative user name to be repeating too.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am not pushing this at all. I know it will be hell on earth. I am just saying that I am sure this is the road we are on. I do not know how soon It will be awhile yet, but I would not be surprised if it happens within a year's time.

This thread was made with the intent to show that no matter how screwed the odds may seem in a revolution . . . numbers are not everything.

Dunno how you get treason from that . . . but oh well

[edit on 13/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I sounded too reactionarily pacifistic in my post on page 7. Need to be clear that I have no problem killing whomever really needs killing in order to achieve an enlightened enough (really for the first time ever) nation... and planet. There are simply certain very brutal people who can't comprehend anything other than utmost brutality. But before I'm willing to formally join any group or movement, I need to make damn sure my peers are on the same page about truly FUNDAMENTAL change in government - the end of secrecy as a BASIS of it... Otherwise the right thing to do is calm down, meditate and reject the lowlife notions of guns, other weaponry and pathological thinking in general as much as possible.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I'm sorry, but the author fails to consider one very vital thing; propaganda.

The first action the federal government would take would be to produce material to convince a population that one side is the enemy and they are the good guys. This would probably also be backed up by a false flag event.
In fact, that's already happening with the general attitude being attributed to right-wing racist groups, instead of it being a widely accepted view that the government is failing and damaging the nation.

The vast majority of Americans are far too comfortable now to give up their TV, their internet, their money. Korea was in no such delusion of ownership and property. These guys fought because they had no other option, they couldn't just pretend it wasn't happening and switch channels to "Korean Idol". They were protecting THEIR land, THEIR ability to grow crops, THEIR villages and THEIR basic abilities to sustain life.

Using the Korean war as an example and assuming that Americans could do the same is laughable. Guerrilla tactics are one thing, but the Koreans had an entirely different way of life and a completely different system of values to modern-day Americans.

You guys can't even organize a decent national protest, you can't even get enough people to give up their TV for an hour to walk in a march!
How the hell are Americans going to be suddenly driven to protect themselves against a federal government and military when they have the TV telling them not to?

The Federal government would (and probably will) defeat any attempt at a civil conflict within days of it starting. Of the millions who do have guns, very few would actually be willing to get off their fat ass and miss Jerry Springer. The gun is a security blanket, and it's nothing more than that in the hands of the majority of people.

If it ever does come to it, the federal government will destroy any insurgency against them through sheer firepower, propaganda, false-flag events and the laziness of the American people. And it would be achieved within days, and the general public would probably only be told that a "terrorist cell" had been destroyed, "Yay America!"

The guys view is simplistic.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It would seem as is some of you have already decided who your enemy is. Just to make clear my position, no one is afraid of your guns. Guns without training are just pieces of wood and metal. What I would be concerned about would be your disregard for the Laws of Land warfare. It would be troubling to see the atrocities carried out by a undisciplined civilian militia.

On the other hand, I don't ever see it happening. American's cannot organize and motivate themselves to do anything on a scale such as this. All I see here is a little venting, and a couple of anarchists trying to stir something that simply won't happen.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree. Thta is wy I think that if it is going to happen, the public needs to be educated. The Tea Parties were/are the begiinings of this, in my opinion.

reply to post by TheEndofEvolution

There are a lot of anarchists in this country, then.

Most of the people here are not anarchists. We do want a government system . . . just a small one that can't ever step on it's citizens.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

You are correct. A well organized mission to retake the mass communication networks would be a good start in achieving the dissemination of truth. Not likely to happen anytime soon but would indeed sway public opinion toward a different view should the patriots regain control of communications and programming. The moneybags have a monopoly on the most important aspect of society.

For those of you who have seen Jimmy Stewart in Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, you know what I mean. Can you just imagine what would happen if the truth were the propaganda message 24/7?

Yes, I know. Returning to reality now.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Watching this thread I see some misconceptions
1. We can,t overcome the firepower.
2. The people won' get off their butts
3. The people are untrained
4. Those here are warmongers
5. The people cannot lead themselves
6. infighting

First I cannot even begin to see the military or anyone else using the firepower on our own ground. There are no targets. Where and who will the military use this massive firepower against? A small group of determined freedom fighters that go back to their civilian life in the daytime? Ask the United Kingdom how they handled the IRA. It wasn't with bombs and massive air strikes. They didn't uses carriers either.

Second the people will get off of their butts if they are hungry and start to see people disappear. While we are not necessarily the most boisterous group, once we get going we are a true force to recon with. Not to mention the first revolutionary war was with only ten percent of the people. Today ten percent is over 30 million people. That is pretty tough odds over a 500k man armed forces, even factoring in firepower.

The people are better trained than some might think. Where do you think all the veterans go after their service. There are way too many people that know the business end of a weapon. Don't dismiss hunters either, certainly game is different from humans but the principle is the same. Those that live in a rural environment may not have any trouble at all adjusting.

We don't have warmongers here. We have people that have realized that the proper channels to change our government have led us in circles. No one here would not want a peacible solution to our current administration. Those that see revolution as a possible event, have seen the death and destruction of war firsthand. They have also seen despotism up close and personal as well. None here ever want to see that again, but will, to see this country stand strong again for our children.

The people can lead themselves. We are a nation that has become what it is from selfstarting, creative, visionary people. Common people. Our government is in the shape it is from those that think they are smarter and better than others. We Don't need lawyers to interpret a document that was written for and by the common man. We don't need millions of pages of laws to tell us how to live our lives. It is pure B.S. to think that TPTB are any better and smarter than the common man. We will take care of those in need just not in the way many are used to. States rights over federal usurpation. There will be order and law, but there will be a period of chaos.

No one ever agrees on anything. Even our founding fathers could not all agree on the Constitution. They worked through it and came to terms. We can and will do the same.

I believe all here will agree that the government has over stepped it's authority. I believe all here think something must be done. I believe all here want a peacible solution so that we can live our lives as we have for so long. Our only difference is the final approach and how to achieve it. My friends we are not as far from revolution as so many think. But many may be surprised as to how that happens. The people are waking up. Something is about to happen. We all feel it. What will result is anybodies guess. Someone once pointed out Ghandi and MLK. Both were visionaries and great men. But we saw what happened to them. It took their death for the people to unite. Whose death will it take to unite us today and bring about the change we need?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Reluctantpawn won the thread

I agree 100%

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
first off i would like to give a big
to hazelnut and reluctantpawn.
hazelnut suggested an end to certain types of propagandizing by taking control of media and giving a REAL true and unbiased view of what is pertinent to our current situation,not just what the fbi,cia,and foxnewsdotcom want us to spend our time being scared of/distracted by.

reluctantpawn beat me to the punch in writing an eloquent rebuttal of the naysayers,and stated the facts calmly and concisely.he obviously has what i have called "clear sight" where you can step back from a situation and examine it without letting one's perceptions/mental faculties be clouded by strong emotions.

i myself would prefer a peaceful solution;but i feel i will eventually have to take up arms if TPTB continue to impinge upon the right of the american farmer to grow food for himself and sell/barter with it as he desires.these men work for food directly and are an integral part of the true local infrastructure of this country.
this country was built upon self-subsistence and that is being taken away by TPTB that are aligned with Monsanto,Conagra and other corporate megafarmers who export almost all of the food grown on our american soil;and then we have to go and import substandard produce from the aforementioned corporations' subsidiaries in other countries.

all of that on top of 100's of billions of dollars going to bail out banks who seriously f***ed up;gambling with our inflated debt...the government's actions are no longer in the best interest of the american people,obviously.

i do happen to be an anarchist,but i stick by the definition of anarchy as described in the Cambridge University dictionary:"lack of centralized government;mutual support."
i am in support of state and local government; but i am opposed to the elite making decisions that spend trillions of dollars on things other than dealing with the people starving in the midwest,and other places in america.

if so many american's farms were not taken from them back in the great depression and ever since then for unpaid taxes,no one would be starving in this country.i have taken many cross-country trips down state highways and i cannot even estimate how much unused farmland i have seen fenced off with a "Property of the U.S. Government" sign.something's gotta give in this ridiculous scenario.

i would prefer to farm and raise my son and some animals,but TPTB are seriously impinging upon our rights to "Life,Liberty,and the Pursuit of Happiness".

[edit on 13/5/09 by sigil23]

[edit on 13/5/09 by sigil23]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigil23
i would prefer to farm and raise my son and some animals,but TPTB are seriously impinging upon our rights to "Life,Liberty,and the Pursuit of Happiness".

And in that order:
1. I will survive
2. I will seek liberty for me and mine
3. I will always strive for happiness, which INCLUDES potential concessions in controversiable and arguable areas of debate among total population.

Questions?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zealott
reply to post by xxpigxx

Look at the kill death ratio in Vietnam
www.rjsmith.com...
Now armed revolution maybe possible and maybe those who are the backbone and drawing pool fo r the greatest military in the world can in fact defeat it.
But give the American military the respect it deserves. 58k vs 1.1 million deaths. Sorry but it might be a worthwhile argument to say. The Americans never lost the Vietnam war.

I heard in a video, Vietnamese leaders stated they were willing to lose 10 of their own men to kill one of ours. They would consider that worth it and a victory.

I hadn't seen actual numbers... thank you

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
How many lives is Freedom and Liberty worth?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

What is life worth without freedom and liberty?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

You'd have nothing to worry about me being by your side in a "trench," in fact, if you were putting my family at risk, I would put you in one in short order.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join