It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Will Pay $2.6 Million to Train Chinese Prostitutes to Drink Responsibly on the Job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

U.S. Will Pay $2.6 Million to Train Chinese Prostitutes to Drink Responsibly on the Job

Your hard earned dollars at work in China!! This is just another symptom of the rampant illness that has taken over our government. However, considering how much of our debt is owned by China, I am not surprised by this move.

It pisses me off to no end.

The National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAA), a part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), will pay $2.6 million in U.S. tax dollars to train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly on the job.

he grant, made last November, refers to prostitutes as "female sex workers"--or FSW--and their handlers as "gatekeepers." "Previous studies in Asia and Africa and our own data from FSWs [female sex workers] in China suggest that the social norms and institutional policy within commercial sex venues as well as agents overseeing the FSWs (i.e., the 'gatekeepers', defined as persons who manage the establishments and/or sex workers) are potentially of great importance in influencing alcohol use and sexual behavior among establishment-based FSWs," says the NIH grant abstract submitted by Dr. Li.

All in the name of HIV prevention. Noble cause? Yes. But, let the Chinese fund their own program. I certainly think that the manufacturer for the planet can afford it.

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I wonder why no one else is covering this story?

I'm not sure I'm buying it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Remember when we were kids? Playing "opposite day" by pretending everything said really meant the opposite. TPTB seem to be playing this game with the entire world.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Ah! That is just as bad as this I read the other day:

www.foxnews.com...
Feds Will Spend $400,000 to Study Drinking and Sex Habits of Homosexuals in Argentina
Monday, May 04, 2009

(CNSNews.com) – The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is funding a study that seeks to discover a link between drinking and having sex among homosexuals in Argentina.

The study will send researchers to six bars in Buenos Aires to interview both patrons and proprietors in an effort to discover what it is about those bars that may encourage the risky behavior.

The study began on Sept. 30, 2008, and runs through Aug. 31, 2010. It already has cost taxpayers $198,776. By the time the project ends, it will have cost $403,902, according to NIH.

Classic case (this and the OP) of the fleecing of America!

[edit on 5/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If this is true, it is completely bizarre! I'd be pissed too if it were my hard earned tax dollars paying for something incredibly frivolous in a country that's better known for spying, stealing secrets and poisoning your pets and children than friendship.

Since when did the US become China's janitor? Let them clean up their own crap I say!

IRM

[edit on 12/5/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well taken into consideration the amount of business that US does with China and the many American CEOs and their parties that visit the nation of China I guess that this to keep them safe from catching HIV while taking advantage of the oldest profession in the world.

I guess that the prostitutes biggest business is the foreign men visiting China.

It is reprehensible that money is wasted in this way while in America we have lost 5 million jobs and need 7 million to be back to pre recession numbers.

But instead American workers and tax payer get to be oppressed so Business men can get clean prostitutes with better drinking responsibility while in China.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i will apply for the job. give me 2.6 million and i will go and drink with hot chinese prostitutes and tell them that they need to stop drinking so much. i would test to see if their skills are better before or after drinking. then i would give them a grade on a scale of 1 - 10. i will allow for make up tests and extra credit. i am willing to do what i need to do to help my fellow man.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

You nailed it, it is in fact opposite world we live on, I'm quite certain.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well taken into consideration the amount of business that US does with China and the many American CEOs and their parties that visit the nation of China I guess that this to keep them safe from catching HIV while taking advantage of the oldest profession in the world.

I guess that the prostitutes biggest business is the foreign men visiting China.

It is reprehensible that money is wasted in this way while in America we have lost 5 million jobs and need 7 million to be back to pre recession numbers.

But instead American workers and tax payer get to be oppressed so Business men can get clean prostitutes with better drinking responsibility while in China.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by marg6043]

Great Point!! It makes perfect sense. The kicker is that we are funding this "training" in China and prostitution is still illegal in China. So let's turn the other cheek in order to protect the end user. The "Johns".

Hey pimps, train your hookers to drink responsibly so that they are empowered to make wise business decisions with their clients. The American businessmen. Oh this is bad.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Since China's the largest foreign holder of our debt I guess it could be argued that they are funding the study.

top topics

join