It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Android gives lesson at Tokyo elementary school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Android gives lesson at Tokyo elementary school

mdn.mainichi.jp

Students at an elementary school in Tokyo recently received a lesson from an unusual visiting teacher -- a humanoid robot.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ubergizmo.com
www.nydailynews.com
blog.rj55.com

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Here is a robot in the classroom giving instruction. How very interesting and a little unnerving for me. Currently, my gig is teaching English as a Foreign language. So, I am a little paranoid about being replaced by a machine. Saya also means "I" in Indonesian. The link at blog.rj55 show a variety of the facial expressions that the robot can make. This robot is far from looking like a real human, but they are getting closer.

mdn.mainichi.jp
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
no more of that pesky teacher personal opinionated bias or incongruous with the status quo

-

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

LOL, she kinda looks like Micheal Jackson.

Good post though, I didn't realize such progress was being made.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I know this is slightly off topic but I remember when most of our grocery stores got those self-serve check outs. I was a cashier at the time and watched them lay off so many cashiers. It always made me wonder what technology is being made that will replace folks that work.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hate these robots, I mean yea its cool, but they are just damn freaky. I feel like the Will Smith in I,Robot. I just cant trust a machine that has the same learning ability as a person. Its just weird, guess I'm not used to it, probly never will be. CREEPY!

-Paveway Out

new topics

top topics

join