It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"and earthquakes, in divers places"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Matt 24:7 "and earthquakes, in divers places"

Did a little research and found an interesting trend.

Number of Earthquakes Worldwide for 1990 - 1999 196.782

Number of Earthquakes Worldwide for 2000 - 2009 225.588* (thru may 11)

link 1990-1999 data
neic.usgs.gov...

Number of Earthquakes Deaths Worldwide for 1990 - 1999 114.646

Number of Earthquakes Deaths Worldwide for 2000 - 2009 463.947* (thru may 11)

link 2000-2009 data
neic.usgs.gov...

The volume in earthquakes is obviously on the rise, up by almost 15% since the 90's and up another 37% since the 80's and 2009 is not yet half way....

The volume of deaths related to quakes is up 400% and significantly in non-christian nations.

These would appear to be the early days of the tribulation.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by heliosprime]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

These would appear to be the early days of the tribulation.

It would appear also that you're slanting data and leaving out facts. For instance, as instrumental sensitivity and disbursement increases - one would expect a rise in the number of reported Earthquakes. I think if you look at a comprehensive comparison of the datasets, you'll find that while the number of reported Earthquakes have gone up - the average magnitude of Earthquakes has gone down. We're simply able to pick up more seismic activity as technology improves.

Insofar as deaths, the increase can partially be attributed to better data collection. However, more importantly, we've seen a massive push for industrialization in many second and third world countries which pushes their populations into more densely occupied urban settings. Most of these regions are traditionally non-Christian, especially along the Pacific rim, India, etc.

The USGS does not support your claim.

A partial explanation may lie in the fact that in the last twenty years, we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more than 8,000 stations and the data now comes in rapidly from these stations by electronic mail, internet and satellite. This increase in the number of stations and the more timely receipt of data has allowed us and other seismological centers to locate earthquakes more rapidly and to locate many small earthquakes which were undetected in earlier years. The NEIC now locates about 20,000 earthquakes each year or approximately 50 per day. Also, because of the improvements in communications and the increased interest in the environment and natural disasters, the public now learns about more earthquakes. According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 17 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year.

Are Earthquakes really on the rise?

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
DIVERSE not divers..... divers go under water....I know this post will probably get me in trouble but man is that bothering me! I kept wondering what was so spooky about earthquakes underwater... they happen all the time... then I read the post and realized what you meant. Maybe if you fix your title you will get more reads? Just tryin to help! Don't shoot me!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Mark 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

I believe heliosprime was referring to a Biblical passage.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul

DIVERSE not divers..... divers go under water....

New Testament (Greek) for "divers"

G1313 diaphoros dē-ä'-fo-ros more excellent, differing, divers
G4164 poikilos poi-kē'-los divers, manifold
G4187 polytropōs po-lü-tro'-pōs in divers manners
G5100 tis tēs certain, some, any man, any, one, man, anything, divers

but the Lexicon does not identify which word was used in the [color=gold]earthquakes divers passages of Mark. Matthew or Like...

the poi kilos word might be the target...
if we play around with the words enough, we can abstract that 'Divers' places really means underwater earthquakes...
seeing as 'poi' are east asian fish....and 'kilos' are a contemporary word for weights...
the interpetations one could conjure up is amazing

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Guys relax ..sheesh - "divers" is the old way of saying "diverse" - it was just a spelling change.

divers(a): many and different; "tourist offices of divers nationalities"; "a person of diverse talents"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
encarta.msn.com...

[edit on 5/12/09 by mortalengine]

[edit on 5/12/09 by mortalengine]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Interesting, but I dont think it`s enough to qualify it as an omen for gloom and doom ahead

It would be interesting to see the data of at least the last 100 yrs, at least...or go back as fare as there is available data....and then make a comparison

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
Interesting, but I dont think it`s enough to qualify it as an omen for gloom and doom ahead

It would be interesting to see the data of at least the last 100 yrs, at least...or go back as fare as there is available data....and then make a comparison

The point here is most of the ignorant of mankind will be in denial of the facts, screaming "it can not be" unto the end....

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

There will be billions who can not (or will not) see the signs of the end of this age....

[edit on 13-5-2009 by heliosprime]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
the web bot guys alluded to underwater volcano explosion that might upset the water table (water table? lol)

at any rate i doubt that natural catastrophies really care what religion you are.

could be all the christians die and the survivors aree eskimos and the new
dominant religion will be eskimo.

"and all the great prophets failed to make the simple statement,
swine bird flu infected zombie men in the south will roam and frozen blubber eaters will bring order and peace."

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScreamtheDance
the web bot guys alluded to underwater volcano explosion that might upset the water table (water table? lol)

at any rate i doubt that natural catastrophies really care what religion you are.

could be all the christians die and the survivors aree eskimos and the new
dominant religion will be eskimo.

"and all the great prophets failed to make the simple statement,
swine bird flu infected zombie men in the south will roam and frozen blubber eaters will bring order and peace."

Thank you for providing the perfect example of those who will be blind to the truth until the end of this age.

Natural catastrophies don't care about religion......GOD DOES......

All the christians do DIE or are TRANSFORMED, but there will be no more "religion"...only those faithful to GOD....all others WILL be put to death one final and eternal time.

GODS wrath is soon upon mankind. Swift, overwhelming and FINAL.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I looked at this data before and noticed a couple of things

There is a jump of roughly 3000 recorded between 1991 and 1992
Afterward it remains fairly constant until once again there is a jump
Between 2002 and 2003 the jump is roughy 4000 and then again between
2003 and 2004 another 4000 jump. followed by a constant trend.

1991 = 16484
1992 = 19524 (jump of 3000)
Remains constant (around 20000 until year 2000)

2000 = 22256
2001 = 23524
2002 = 27454 (jump of 4000)
2003 = 31419 (another 4000 jump)
Remains constant (to 2008 at around 30000)

So earthquakes on average are either increasing or more sensors/stations were put in place in 1992, 2002 and again in 2003. Would be interesting to find out when these "new" stations were actually put in place.

Another bit of interesting data from this is the steady and large increase in magnitude 4.0 to 4.9 earthquakes specifically

1990 = 4437
2008 = 12363

top topics

join