It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Positioning System: Significant Challenges in Sustaining and Upgrading Widely Used Capabiliti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Global Positioning System: Significant Challenges in Sustaining and Upgrading Widely Used Capabilities

www.gao.gov

It is uncertain whether the Air Force will be able to acquire new satellites in time to maintain current GPS service without interruption. If not, some military operations and some civilian users could be adversely affected. (1) In recent years, the Air Force has struggled to successfully build GPS satellites within cost and schedule goals; it encountered significant technical problems that still threaten its delivery schedule; and it struggled with a different contractor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Zykloner]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Zykloner]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sory if this has been posted but i couldnt find it anywhere.
The end of GPS?
They will probably announce that they have a new system and start charging for use.
Imagine the world-wide conseqences it would have if we loose enough satelites to get good GPS signals. Not to mention the military problems.

Guess it is good news for the NWO tinfoils though.
Sory for not having any more links but i couldnt find any on english, please post if you find any.

Coments?

-Zyk

www.gao.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think they're probably overstating the matter to push for extra funding, I doubt there'll be a problem or that GPS systems will be affected.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I tend to agree it seems like a push for more funding.
But I will also try the other side...

If GPS were to end it would be pretty devastating for hundreds if not thousands of businesses.
A few top ones come to mind...
Police Investigations
Air Travel
Car Travel
Military (duh)

My mind also tends to think that this might just be the beginning of the satellite loss. Space storms can be extremely damaging to anything outside our atmosphere.

Rising costs of minerals and gas will affect this as well. They are not high now, but they will become pretty expensive by the end of this year.

new topics

top topics

join