It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Domestic Extremism Lexicon - Includes ATS like sites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is a very interesting document exposing how the government classifies and defines different elements of society including sites such as ATS.

The document is self described as:

(U) Prepared by the Strategic Analysis Group and the Extremism and Radicalization Branch, Homeland

Environment Threat Analysis Division.

(U//FOUO) Homeland Security Reference Aids—prepared by the DHS/Office of
Intelligence and Analysis (I&A)—provide baseline information on a variety of
homeland security issues. This product is one in a series of reference aids designed to
provide operational and intelligence advice and assistance to other elements of DHS,
as well as state, local, and regional fusions centers. DHS/I&A intends this background
information to assist federal, state, local, and tribal homeland security and law
enforcement officials in conducting analytic activities. This product provides
definitions for key terms and phrases that often appear in DHS analysis that addresses
the nature and scope of the threat that domestic, non-Islamic extremism poses to the
United States. Definitions were derived from a variety of open source materials and
unclassified information, then further developed during facilitated workshops with
DHS intelligence analysts knowledgeable about domestic, non-Islamic extremism in
the United States.

And it includes definitions such as this one:

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY:

-alternative media -

(U//FOUO) A term used to describe various information
sources that provide a forum for interpretations of events and
issues that differ radically from those presented in mass
media products and outlets

There are too many definitions to get into in the OP but I HIGHLY encourage everyone to read this document and see in how many of these categories many of us could be pigeon holed into.

This is scary stuff.

Full document available here: (1.2mb)

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Sourced from: cryptome.org

[edit on 11 May 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Thanks for that. I was just making a point in a thread of mine that Google searches could land you on the watch list when i saw this thread. This thread just backs up my suspicions.

I always just assumed that they were watching. This is either reason to speak up, or keep your head down. If we're all labeled as extremists, then technically, nobody is. On the other hand, it may just be best not to draw attention. Something to think about...

Thread linked, starred and flagged.

TA

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Let them do what they want to do.

They can make up all kinds of laws and implement outrageous policies, but the reality is our current government is toast. America is in its death throws and they can't save it, they can't give up the power in order to do the right thing.

We are passed the breaking point, one of two things are going to happen, revolution or the government is going to back off. I'd bet the house on the former, as much as I don't want it to happen.

We have been feared out after the past 8 years, there isn't anything they can do to change peoples minds. They are walking on thin and cracking ice while they try to walk further into the middle of the lake.

All this stuff sounds scary, but it hasn't hit the fan yet, loyalties haven't even begun to be stressed.

I can care less what kind of "definition" they can pigeon hole me into, they need people to fight that battle and those people are growing thinner by the day.

Also, I think you expect lots of people to be surprised at this I would think again. Its been a main topic here on ATS since way before I started coming around.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Also, I think you expect lots of people to be surprised at this I would think again. Its been a main topic here on ATS since way before I started coming around.

Well, I didn't post this information so much to surprise people, more in the vain of confirming their suspicions.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Is it taboo to resurrect threads around here?

Check out this fluffer document - it would seem we have a lot of dense people working the gears of the machine capable of indefinitely detaining a great many of us. I find it Concerning that such dumbed-down explanation (or perhaps in some cases: NewSpeak) be needed by anyone participating in such affairs.

www.dhs.gov...

top topics

join