It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Gas Prices Rising In Your Area??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dee132423

Me too! I was kicking myself today for not stopping yesterday and topping my tank off! This truly is maddening!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I constantly am too and then when I get gas because I think its going up again it goes down.Arrrrgggg I can't win!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dee132423

I seriously doubt we seen them drop again anytime soon, if ever! I mean they conditioned people with the hike to 4.00 plus and now no one is complaining! I hear " well at least it ain't 4.00 or more", and it goes all over me!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

No, I don't think they will drop any time soon again.Once prices hit 3.00 again it will put a damper on our summer activities.We are already trying to prepare the kids for fun at home again this summer.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Our gas prices here in wisconsin are at $2.80, higher than what alot of

you are paying! What gives??

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
$2.89 a gallon in West Michigan, its gone up 50 cents in less than a month. It will be above 3$ by the end of the month easy.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Three weeks ago, gas was $2.05 a gallon. I remember because that was the day we went on vacation. While we were on vacation, gas went up about 5-8 cents a gallon (depending on which town we were in). Since then, it's steadily gone up, and tonight it was $2.69.

I've noticed that since gas prices started going up, our business at work has steadily declined. I'm really starting to get concerned.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

2.95 by me...and I live in West Michigan as well.

It will be over 3.00 dollars next week.

Make sure you fill up before Tuesday morning...it always seems to jump up on Tuesday's the most. I've gotten in the habit of filling up in the morning on that day...regardless of how much gas I have as I know I'll u sually save a few bones.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
in wisconsin = 2.79 a gallon

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
In the last 3 weeks gas here in Northern Indiana has gone from $1.99 to $2.89, I just keep thinking it'll go back to the $4.00 mark and we'll be screwed, again.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's 2.94/Gal here and I expect is to be 3.00+ by monday. It was 1.96 here 30 days ago. If you live in a state with a sliding gas tax rate, your going to see 4.00 per for sure! States are broke and the 'tax by the mile' is going to be a real idea to consider for these leeches in government!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Oh, and one other thing...expect a combined tax rate of 50-60% in the next 6 months in al states! They aren't going to downsize government or their practices of over taxation just because we're broke as citizens!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You know, if you think about it-it doesn't really matter if you get gas "earlier", because inevitably, you will have to fill up again, and the price will go up again!

And also, you can't just stay home to save money! The government will find other ways to tax you, to make up for what the gas taxes used to pay for! Either that, or you will see a cut in services. I don't know what all the gas tax pays for in Washington state, I think it's for DOT projects, like repairing roads and highways, road construction, building bridges, etc.

If you live in Spokane, don't count on those potholes being fixed, and our roads will be even worse! It's like a Third World country driving around Spokane. It sucks!

One last point: I bet by summer's end that gas in the USA will be up to $3.50 to $4.00/gallon again. But I wonder if the cost will go down again, like it did, when was that, last summer or fall? I think it will. Let's hope so.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody's reading this thread anymore, but I thought of another comment.

Call it intuition, but I think the oil companies and such know that we know how greedy they are. So maybe now they'll not raise prices a lot more, so we won't get really mad.

Maybe they'll raise them a few cents a week through maybe August, and either stay around that price, and maybe go down again a little. I don't think they have the guts right now to raise it a lot, because people seem so happy paying "only" $3.00 or so a gallon here in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Morning

In the UK we are looking at around £1.03 a litre at the moment which has risen from approx £0.90p not long a go. I have resorted to putting super unleaded in which is £1.07 a litre as I get more miles and have a job which is 4 miles from my house so i am trying to spend less in real term

Bugger!!!!

The oil companies love it as they have us by the short an curlies. Total power is in their hands

Greg

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

Yes, they have us by the ba**s, don't they? I thought the price of gas wasn't going up much here, but maybe you're right. It will keep going up and up until say, the end of summer or fall, and go back down again.

How long do we have to tolerate this greed? Unfortunately, we need gas, and no other alternative fuels have the infrastructure in place or availability. Alternative fuel cars tend to cost more money, so they are not as popular to buy, except maybe the cheaper hybrids. I know I can't afford one, and it would cost a lot of money to convert a car to run on biofuels and such.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join