It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Gas Prices Rising In Your Area??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
A lot of people around here went and bought mopeds last year when the gas prices where so high...I couldn't help but shake my head a couple of weeks ago, when I noticed in the local paper court report the number of people who had a court date due to no moped license! You can't win for losing in this world!!

Yea I can't stand those moped riders. Most don't have a license and drive like morons. It makes it tougher for those who do ride responsibly.

Cops generally leave bikes alone, but if a few in a town start acting like morons then they start cracking down on the rest of us.

I hate mopeds and very much dislike the riders of mopeds.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XTexan

If they do spike, its gonna get really bad.

Definitely...especially with GM tanking this summer as well.

Another thing to worry about....

Hurricane season is just around the corner.

That's another thing that we can't handle.

Regardless of what the White House keeps proclaiming...we are in a fragile state.

Most people..working or not...can't take much more of a hit.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Thats true, I hadn't thought of hurricane season, but your right its coming around the corner. Hopefully the Gulf will have a light season, but with the crazy weather down here in Texas (more crazy than normal) I'm thinking its gonna be a wild one.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by XTexan]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

That reminds me, the weather is getting nuts anyway. Here a couple of days ago not many miles from me a storm tore through parts if Illinois with winds in excess of 100 mph!! We still have many clean up crews in Western Ky now from the major ice storm we had this past winter. Not a tree was left untouched, and right now the Mississippi and ohio rivers are over running their banks here...and rain forecast everyday this week with more possible severe storm outbreaks! Things like this hurt all of us!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well i've been lucky up here...in Michigan...it's been calm for the most part.

But you're right...if there is a large natural disaster....that's huge trouble.

Especially if we were to lose more oil platforms in the gulf.

And god help us if there is another new orleans type disaster.

Many people don't have money to give right now...even if they wanted to...so many are just barely scraping by.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

It sure seems to be getting worse, though I don't know, weather's always been a little wacky down here.

Heck, May 2 the wind blew down the Dallas Cowboys Practice facilty... its wasn't a heavy duty building but still... that was crazy wind take my word for it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yep, gas prices have risen greatly. Nothing to see here. George Bush is no longer in control. It's not an evil connection. It's the way it is. Memorial Day is on it's way and so prices will rise. It's the way it is. Expect more demand for gas, anticipation. and the price rises. Hey! This is normal. Thank Obama it hasn't raised higher, right? Heh. It's business as usual and it's a game to those in power and control. Just my opinion, by the way. If you had control of a substance and you saw an opportunity to gain more wealth, would you just give up the opportunity? I'm thinking most people would take advantagen of it all. There's not too many Mother Teresas out here. If the prices of my paintings suddenly spiked, would I refuse to raise my income from these paintings? Not at all. In fact, I would probably slow down my production of publically sold paintings. It's like, "Duh."

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Very true. I live in Florida and it seems any time a tropical storm or even the threat of the development of a storm off the coast of Africa begins to form the prices begin moving up.

Summer time travel = higher prices.

Election season = fast dip in prices to cover the politicians rear.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Chattanooga Tennessee Area the gas has went up here from about $1.82 to $2.16 in like 9 days...

They said on the radio it had went up 19 cents...In a week...

It goes up more every day...

In one day it jumped like 12 cents...

I have a feeling this summer will be one we will not forget...

I look for us to get hit from every direction...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Gas prices rise in my area about 5-10 cents a week. If we get really lucky it won't rise for a week, or just rise a little lower than 5 cents a week, but it's rare. I haven't seen gas prices drop at all in the last few months. I have also seen an influx of SUV's and Pick up Trucks on the road. I swear, people in Southern California never learn.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Remember that its not just the price of gasoline. Gasoline is just one aspect of the big picture oil problem. When gasoline goes up, we feel it at the gas pump, but the price of oil makes us feel it at the pump, the grocery store, the utility bill, and ultimately the unemployment line.

Take a look at this chart I found on the net, its interactive. Between December 26, 2008 and today, Oil has gone up over 55%. If you notice, its been up and down during the begining of 2009, but recently - say the past month - its been moving almost strait up.

stockcharts.com...$WTIC

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So, I just passed the gas station, it is at 2.64 in the Chicago suburbs. Wow, and tuesday is supposed to be the "cheap" day. Doesn't look good, again yesturday cnn had said that 2.23 would be the national average for the summer, without holiday spikes. Huh

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If you wanna know which way gas prices are GOING to move then watch the Dollar's relative strength (weighted against a basket of currency's)

here's a link

quotes.ino.com...

note the current level...it just broke a "support" level (imaginary but used by traders) we had from the early march Lows of (83-83.5) and is sitting at 82.3...........lots of money may pile into oil as the dollar is predicted to fall to it's next "support" level of 79-80. this would equal a bump in oil /barrell prices to 70 (approx IMO).....this would sent gas up another 20 cents or so

should the $ break below 79.....all HELL would breakout in gas prices this summer.....i don't think it will fall that far below 79 due to the fact that when people realize that earnings are still awful.....people's risk appetite will dissapear and flow in cash ( and most cash transcations are in $) that is why it is considered a safe-haven currency

when the $ goes down ....commodity's priced in $ go UP......

The big secret (although not anymore) is the ability for the FOR EX market to lead the Oil futures prices.....and we all learned LAST YEAR that a prolonged period of Dollar weakness can send OIL PRICES over 150$ ....the reason i am YELLING is b/c people seemed to forget this recent history..........with an assist from the local media......who never blames the seemingly unjust way that investors can pile into a trend (i.e dollar falls.....buy oil/gold) and they can pile in/ speculate UP the price of something we are all dependent on NOT TO MENTION food prices....i.e food futures trading...

[edit on 12-5-2009 by cpdaman]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Logically thinking, with the increasing unemployment numbers and the cost of everything from coffee to toilet paper going up all the time, how many people are really going to be able to travel this year? I would love to load up and take a vacation, but to be honest, I have more important things to spend my hard earned money on...like food....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
My grandson lives just north of Houston, Texas, and today he told me that the price of gas rose 10 cents over night.

It is difficult to keep from feeling fear of $4 to $5 gasoline in the States, but anyone who is feeling afraid, just take a step back for a minute and be an observer and retake your own emotions. TPTB want us to be afraid all the time, 24/7.

It is a good time to adopt the Dalai Lama's practise of laughing at such things.

[edit on 12/5/09 by Pellevoisin]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Recently gas went up in alberta about .06/litre...i guess that's about .24/gallon?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm going to get flamed for saying this.

But Rush said this would happen. I posted it last year sometime, I may not quote it word for word, so work with me.

He said something along the lines of gas getting up to 4+ dollars was a test to see how high they can get prices up before the people start to get seriously angry. The government saw that at 4 dollars people hit their breaking point and when it got to 3.50 there was a little huff, but it wasn't any worse then when gas went above a dollar for the first time.

Gas will get to about 3.50 in the next 6 months to a year and the people will say atleast it isnt 4 dollars.

It was something along those lines.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Were at about 82 cents a liter here in New Brunswick. Moncton anyways.

I haven't seen gas this cheap in these parts for about 10 years. Then again I use to get my gas from the accross the boarder, they use to sell it 65c when it was 1.10$ in my own town.

Atleast that's one thing we have in this crappy economy.

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

That is a valid point, but as for me and I am sure others, the emotion for me that comes to mind is stress and concern! At a time when record numbers of people are losing their jobs, (my husband just barely missed the first round of lay offs at his job)...I do not understand the rationale behind the increase...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yeah, I've noticed our gas prices jump 20 cents + in the last week (SE Denver suburb). I do think that's related to the price of oil and the dollar at this point.

But I wonder like others what this summer will be like - traditionally prices go up in summer, but with the continued increasing unemployment you would think there would be less demand as well. If the flu takes off, that will cut demand as well.

I don't know that 'they' can cause prices to rise to $3.50 in this environment or if that even matters with all the other problems ongoing. I wonder if pushing prices to $3.50 with our unemployment situation might be a bit too much for people to take this time around.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join