It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1. Signs Point Toward ‘Cataclysmic’ War in Middle East

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Signs Point Toward ‘Cataclysmic’ War in Middle East

A former top American intelligence official agrees with a Messianic pastor that major and possibly calamitous events will unfold in the Middle East in the coming year.

“I think within 12 months something is going to happen, one way or another,” said retired Lt. Gen. William Boykin, who served as deputy undersecretary of defense for Intelligence from 2003 to 2007.

His concerns are echoed by best-selling novelist Joel C. Rosenberg, whose works have uncannily foreshadowed real events including 9/11.

“I don’t know how much time we have. I believe a cataclysmic war is coming in the Middle East,” he said.

en.wikipedia.org...

Rosenberg's novels have attracted those interested in Bible Prophecy, due to several of his fictional elements of his books that would occur after his writing of books. Nine months before the September 11th attacks, Rosenberg wrote a novel with a kamikaze plane attack on an American city, five months before the 2003 invasion of Iraq, he wrote a novel with war with Saddam Hussein, the death of Yasser Arafat eight months before it occurred, a story with Russia, Iran, and Libya forming a military alliance against Israel occurring the date of publishing,[15] the rebuilding of the city of Babylon,[16] Iran vowing to have Israel "wiped off the face of the map forever" five months before Iranian President Ahmadinejad said the same,[17] and the discovery of huge amounths of oil and natural gas in Israel.[18] The U.S. News & World Report have referred to him as a "Modern Nostradamus,"[19] although Rosenberg tries to play down those proclamations, stating that "I am not a clairvoyant, a psychic, or a 'Modern Nostradamus,' as some have suggested."

Messianic pastor Mark Biltz of El Shaddai ministries in Puyallup, Wash., garnered attention last year with his announcement of the discovery of a rare sequence of lunar and solar eclipses, a “tetrad,” all falling on key feast days on the Jewish calendar over a two-year period.

Now as most of you know I rarely enter into this forum however this was a real eye opener for me as it not only speaks of the author of the last Jihad which I am certain most of you will be familiar with, but this messianic pastor Mark Blitz has an interesting point to be made as well with the Tetrad and it's connection to the possible start of a major war.

Visually, a tetrad can be depicted as four diamonds forming an X, with the name of a medium in the center. The two diamonds on the left of a tetrad are the Enhancement and Retrieval qualities of the medium, both Figure qualities. The two diamonds on the right of a tetrad are the Obsolescence and Reversal qualities, both Ground qualities.

en.wikipedia.org...

The last time that happened, the Jews recaptured Jerusalem, Biltz said. “The time before that [was] 1949, 1950, right after they became a nation. But both times it was tied around a major war.”

Gen. Boykin told a station reporter at a conference in San Diego that he foresees “something” happening in the coming year and added: “I’m watching the Iranian nuclear program very carefully. No one really knows how long, I don’t even think the Iranian themselves know how long it will take them to have a deliverable nuclear weapon, but they’re moving there rapidly.”

news.newsmax.com...

Now here is something I found odd and out of place as it is the Editors Note at the end of this striking article, as it is dated as of today's date however refers to the Bush administration as if it is still in position to call the shots.

The Coming War with Iran: 6 Days in Hell!

The Coming War with Iran: 6 Days in Hell!
Newsmax Magazine's blockbuster issue has major cover stories, including an exclusive special report by Newsmax contributing editor and Iran expert Kenneth R. Timmerman, "Six Days to War," which lays out the scenario likely to unfold if the U.S. and Iran go to war.

In Timmerman's report you'll find out why "Six Days to War" could happen sooner than you think — as many American assets are already "in position" for an attack.

Timmerman also details the deadliness and unintended consequences of a U.S. attack against an increasingly militant Iran.

That attack could come sooner than you think.

As the Bush administration ratchets up the pressure, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs says the military option is still on the table and warns Iran that the U.S. can launch massive strikes using Navy and Air power.

w3.newsmax.com...

Now I admit that must be a copy from an old issue, yet why did the Editor choose to not place the appropriate date for the issue in his notes?

Both the original article and the editors notes are well worth a read as it is entirely possible that we just may be on the eve of destruction.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I honestly thought that it was a typo, a mistake that they accidentally inserted the Bush name in place of Obama. If that is the case or not it seems that we have fallen into a period in time that is setting it's own course as guided by the whim of the celestial alignments and not by what is correct and right for the planet and humanity as a whole.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I can definitely see a major war in the middle east. It's never been a peaceful place, but tensions seem to be rising to all new heights, and Russia having Iran's back doesn't sound good. When you look at all the choosing sides and everything that's happening lately (Iran, Israel, North Korea), it does seem to me like a war might break out.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There is always conflict in the middle east...

I will say though that tensions seem to be a lot higher than they have been in previous years.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I honestly thought that it was a typo, a mistake that they accidentally inserted the Bush name in place of Obama. If that is the case or not it seems that we have fallen into a period in time that is setting it's own course as guided by the whim of the celestial alignments and not by what is correct and right for the planet and humanity as a whole.

????? WHAT ????

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I for one truly hope that " we " are all smart enough not to chose war .

Given " our " past track record one has to truly wonder what " we " will make of this beautiful world that we were given . One must also wonder what we will do to our brothers and sisters that share this world with " us "

We will never be given all the facts yet some of us are so quick to judge and pick sides and make a case for war . To me this is very sad , let us not let any person sway our judgement based on " there facts " .

Is there ever a good enough reason to provoke a war ? I would argue yes there just might be , but until I have all the facts at hand how could I ever claim to know when that instance would be ?

I wonder if there are any members here on ATS that live in the middle east , perhaps they can share there thoughts on this matter , seeing how you would be the ones immediately effected in the event of a war .

Are there any ATS members out there that have ever lived through a war and would care to share there perspective as a civilian that survived such an event ?

Are there any service men or women out there that would like to offer there take on this matter seeing how its you brave people that will be the ones enforcing the will of the politicians .

Given the frequency that " our " government has offered less then accrete info on occasion should we not be experiencing a moment of pause before we support an attack that would condemn a great many people to there death ?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Originally posted by antar

????? WHAT ????

x2 Obama is not Bush. Not by a longshot. Eight years in office with the crew that has been in power since the Nixon era? come on.....

and I find it just mindblowingly reprehensible that the strife is based on mythical fables and borrowed histories based on more fables.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is the most vague statement that could be said regarding the Middle East.

“I think within 12 months something is going to happen, one way or another,”

That could have been said every year for my entire life so far.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

And that was with the Hyped up mis-quotes in the OP

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
How about some links to your soucres. As one on your sources is talking about the Bush Adminstration, I think your information is stale.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Are there any service men or women out there that would like to offer there take on this matter seeing how its you brave people that will be the ones enforcing the will of the politicians .

I can't know FOR SURE what our government would do in the case of a major war in the middle east (aside from the one in Iraq that im sitting in the middle of right now:lol
...but if you want my personal opinion, i would say we would somehow be involved, and wherever the Government sais to go and fight, we will go and fight (and no, martial law, firing on U.S. citizens is out of the question, but thats a whole different can of worms).

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

God bless you and I wish you nothing but the best .

I have no doubt that you would do your duty , as would your brothers and sisters at arms . But in your opinion do you feel its worth it ? Do you think things will change for the better as a result of a devastating conflict ?

I ask in all honesty and not as a half handed remark .

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

first of all, thank you!

second of all, in all honesty, i believe that no matter what anyone does, peace will never completely come to the middle east. they have been fighting for the past two thousand years or so and we arent just gonna make their fighting cease. thats just my opinion though, so no i dont think it would be worth it...but then again, they dont pay me for my opinion

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
There is always conflict in the middle east...

I will say though that tensions seem to be a lot higher than they have been in previous years.

That is true but it does seem that this time around many of the world powers (US, Russia, EU, China) are much more involved.

While several of the OP's quotes may be out of date. I think most of us can agree that if WWIII were to start it would be in the Middle East. I certainly don't think that it would be contained to the Middle East though.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

How right you are .

Please forgive me for going just a bit off topic here but have you ever thought of writing a thread based on your perspective of the whole issue ?

Its fine for us all in our comfy homes to play armchair quarterback with thousands of lives in the balance but I think it would be very interesting to hear the thoughts of someone in your position on the matter in greater detail , as a person who is directly effected by war and conflict . For you are putting more on the line then most of us would ever want to or dream to .

Anyway thanks for your reply and thanks for serving . We can never hope to repay the sacrifice that so many of you fine people have made nor would I ever wish another war upon you .

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Max_TO]

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Dont forget the Patraeus Document, if this man puts his self on the line by making a statement like this I would suggest that it is plausible to not disreguard it because it could have been said at many different points in the past years. He did not say it then, but he is saying it now.

Petraeus Documents for those who are unfamiliar, however I warn that some of the pictures from this link are extremely graphic in nature.

secure....__._/wiki/McCain%27s_real_Petraeus_doctrine

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

You're welcome, and i definitely appreciate it. In response to your question, yes, i have thought about it, however, i just signed up here today, so i have to get my twenty posts in first.

I can definitely see WWIII starting here and i have my own theories as to why. I have to do a little more research on them though. Do you think i would get flammed for posting soething thats just a theory?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Not as long as you posted in in the right forum , but no worries if you do , one of the kind Mods. will place it in the correct thread if you miss place it .

Hope you don't mind I added you as a friend , as I look forward to reading what you have to say in the future .

Sorry for going off topic , I humbly ask the OP for forgiveness for my diversion from the OP .

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrainPower

Originally posted by Max_TO

I can't know FOR SURE what our government would do in the case of a major war in the middle east (aside from the one in Iraq that im sitting in the middle of right now:lol
...but if you want my personal opinion, i would say we would somehow be involved, and wherever the Government sais to go and fight, we will go and fight (and no, martial law, firing on U.S. citizens is out of the question, but thats a whole different can of worms).

I would love to hear your opinion on martial Law and American insurgency. After all when this WWIII does blow up, then who's to say what orders will be if we learned anything from situations like Katrina.
How many Soldiers do you really think would stand up against direct orders and protect the civilians here in the US?

One thing is for certain, we are far too much in debt to forgo a major involvement in war, and it is my impression from the OP that this time it may be American soil that takes the hits, the first strikes.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by antar]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Not at all, this is a discussion forum and I am positive that you will have many others interested in your thoughts, ideas and opinions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join