It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thumbs down!!! (the anti flag)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
ATS is out of control with absolute garbage. Take this thread for example...
Jesus gets props blah blah blah

That thread is poorly written, divisive nonsense. It does NOTHING to improve the quality of ATS, and it takes up space on the login page where the "top threads" should be shown.

A question you may be asking yourself now is, why is it there? Well, it's there because a huge argument has broken out between the OP and a few people, and as the posts to time ratio increases it becomes a theoretically "more popular" thread.

I propose a THUMBS DOWN feature, which would take away a flag from a thread. This was discussed once before but it was ignored, much to the loss of the members truly looking for quality threads. Also, when a thread has ZERO flags (much like my above example at the time of my posting this), a THUMBS DOWN would result in the accumulation of ANTI-FLAGS, which, after a predetermined number have accumulated, would CLOSE THE THREAD.

In this way, the members could prevent ATS from becoming a complete crap heap.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Thank you for your compliance and understanding.

[edit on 5/11/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Or put a 60 second timer on the flag button before it can be clicked?

At least that would end the "flagging because everyone else is" stuff.

Maybe even give members enough time to read what they are about to flag?

BTW, the thread you linked to has 0 flags as of now.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Or ATS becomes survivor on the web and members are allowed to vote each other off the site.

just a thought...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Interesting!
I wonder what the implications would be if this was put in effect.

???

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
We thank you for sharing your ideas with the intent of making ATS a better more user friendly place. The staff and owners do appreciate member feedback and have always considered your thoughts and wishes when making changes to the board. So thank you for caring so much about this community that you created this thread.

By keeping all member suggestions in one place it allows staff and owners the ability to quickly and thoroughly access all member recommendations when considering board changes. Otherwise many suggestions will be very difficult to locate considering the size of this board.

Understanding that we would appreciate it if you would add your thoughts/recommendations to the official thread dedicated to members suggestions for board change.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Thanks for your contributions and understanding. I will now close this thread for the reasons stated above.

Thanks,
ATS Staff

>>Closing

new topics

top topics

join