It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

got a question about wwII Join the Army Posters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think they had a Draft during WWII ... why do you see Join the Army and Navy Posters... what was it like... I thought they just gave everyone numbers and if they called yours you went.... maybe I'm not understanding something here...?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yes, they had a draft, but they didn't just send everyone off to war at once. In between selections I guess you could call them, other people would turn 18 and want to go off and fight, so they could still join.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Part of it was to join before you we drafted, once drafted your choices were some what limited.
Just as now you could apply for officer traing school, rather than just get drafted and become a grunt.
I was drafted in 68, just to be foot soidier, I could still of applied for airborne, what ever.
Pretty much WWII everyone had to go if you didn't people would want know why.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
much like today (unless iam wrong ( has happened)) economic means were brought into effect to incourage " voluntary" enlistment.
I beleive the armed forces have just had a record year for voluntary recrutment. posters or no. it is much easier to "effectivly encourage" people to serve than to force people to serve.

feeling "encouraged" yet? 6 mil lost their jobs last year. 593,000 just in april this year. GM moving overseas. Chrysler and BOA F'ed or FED(same).
how many of our untrained youth can hope for a job, most available require experence.

our CIC says maniditory service should implemented (hitler youth or alcada anyone).
Iam to old but who will save my kids? get ready folks. I hope 2012 is a new begining, but if not dont fear the end of this downward spiral. it will be a great relief or (greener) releaf.

new topics

top topics

join