It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not just let the government take our guns? What's the big deal?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

One: Nazi Germany, Happy?

On a lighter note, we know the feds are trying, we know they want it, but with all these states popping up saying "the feds cant mess with guns within our state" it isnt going to be easy for them. I for one am not giving my gun up.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

Notice the lack of flags? I won't be giving one.

When your buddy Obama disarms all of the Criminals first, I will consider discussing this. Until then it takes the Police, for whom I have respect, 5 to 20 minutes to respond and I can't outrun a bullet.

I've been shot at three times by Criminals, hit once in the arm while disarming one and mugged twice. The last time I was mugged while leaving my Bank, I saved myself by simply lying and telling the person I had a gun. He showed me a gun in his pocket and told me to give up my bank bag. I put my hand inside my jacket and told him I'm armed and if you leave I won't shoot. He ran like a little girl. I was carrying a large amount of cash and had he been successful, I'd be in Bankruptcy Court.

Please ask your Friend Obama why he told so many lies? How many Lobbyists and people beholding to Special Interests has he appointed now?
You must be very young?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum

Right then when you don't have a gun and someone breaks into your home what are you gonna do throw hot water at em or somethin c'mon
wake up.

Your suppose to talk to them calmly, reason with them, and then have a pint and a good laugh afterward. That or distract them with a clever card trick. Perhaps see his life of crime as a cry for help because his/her mommy and daddy never loved him.

Pft! Who am I kidding? I'd fill em full of holes. I don't keep three loaded magazines handy for nothing. One fmj, one jhp +P, and one alternating... just for fun.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves from the tyranny of government."

Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412

Originally posted by badgerprints
Before the Nazis had their little party, Hitler took away all of the guns.
Before Stalin killed off millions of his own citizens he took away their guns.
During the 'Cultural Revolution' in which millions were murdered, Mao took away the guns.

Why do YOU want my guns? To make me safer?

Not likely.

What you need to understand is that times have changed. We no longer live in those days. Times are different now. We are ready to advance as a people and live peacefully, but we can not do that when people like you hold the rest of us back by holding on to your deadly weapons.

Times have changed!?! Oh, good grief. It is standard operating procedure in creating a totalitarian (fascist, "communist," etc.) to take away guns from the citizenry - and you think this is not happening in the USA?

Darlin', I perceive that you need to open your eyes.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

It continues to baffle me as to how some can refuse to learn the lessons of the violent past and somehow learn that giving in equals freedom. Your reply was right-on.
These power brokers, and their useful idiot subjects, are drunk with desire to control, and they don't care what nor who.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
You let them take away your guns.

You keep your hands off mine.

Goes for you too, Obama.

THIS is the kind of attitude that stirs up trouble. If a law is passed saying you have to give up your guns, you have to obey it because it's the LAW!

and you now what happens when you don't cooperate with the law..

[edit on 11-5-2009 by doorbell412]

so if i pass a LAW that says we can throw you in the furnace because of your race/religion/etc

than you BETTER hop in! ITS the LAW!

sorry man, your reasoning here is horrifically flawed

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy

oh and a word from the british, not having guns is a good thing - criminals don't have guns here, they don't need them, its hard for them to get them and if they get caught with them they get in loads of trouble -england is much safer now, i for one don't ever want guns back on this island (i also think we need to stop selling them to the rest of the world)

don`t speak for all of britan i live in manchester and the people who have guns are the people who should never have any thing that could be used as a wepon, and here we are the comman man with nothing to defend ourself with if you look at the wrong guy in the wrong way you may endup dead for it and its just getting worse. dont you watch the news livepool london are worse from what i hear. guns are the grand equalizer would you try to break in to a house of a frail old woman if she had a gun, no, but it happens all the time hear, thay are just defenceles pray to criminals

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So when the guns are taken away, what else do you think they'll take? I guess we dont need free speech either. Or fair trials. Dont you see that when they take one amendment they will more than likely take more or all of them. God forbid anyone has to defend their family but if we did i doubt the home invader is going to challenge me to a fist fight so he can rob me, and do whatever other horrible thing most home invaders do. The only reason there are SENSELESS deaths from guns is because of stupid idiotic people. When you hear about people being concerned about having their guns taken, they are more concerned about what else the government is going to take away.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh boy, I am about to declare shenanigans on this OP............ tsk tsk

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yeah, take away the guns of peaceful citizens and all bad things will go away. Just like making drugs illegal has gotten rid of drugs; just like prohibition got rid of alcohol; just like making murder illegal made murder go away; just like making stealing illegal made stealing go away. Hm, I'm noticing a trend...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
let's get down on earth.

we have no guns here since alot of time and nothing major happened. no nazis show to take over the people neither boys killing other boys in the schools. if you like guns you take the license do a course and can have it with no problem. At least you know how to use it properly and you are registered.

IMHO America's cowboys vs indians times are passed by since a while now.

Besides if there will be any major reason to get a gun there would not be a problem to get some guns on the black market anyway.

but of course most of you probably have a gun here and think it's a comfortable cool toy so there is no point to discuss about it. Obama wants to take your toys and you are nagging about it. Pretty natural.

It's not with guns that you will make the difference anyway, and guns are solution for nothing. I'd really feel unsafe in a country were everybody can get a gun and shoot you just cause he woke up nervous on the morning.

The point about freedom is senseless. What if we will create a nuclear gun then? you should have the right to get it and use because it's important as your free speech and personal defense? Yeah so we will die the day after for the first American wanting to show his right to get a nuclear minigun and use it. Come on, that's pure nonsense.

Just my opinion.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by digitalwarrior]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Don't you see? Guns have caused nothing but trouble throughout the decades. Can't we all just get along? Besides, there's too many kids dying by playing with their parents loaded gun. By banning guns from the citizens, their wouldn't be any accidental deaths by kids who had their whole lives ahead of them. And please, don't use that lame excuse "you need a gun to defend your family." That is the biggest bull I have ever heard. There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned baseball bat to defend your family with or taking up some martial arts lessons.

So everyone saying Obama is the bad guy for trying to take away your guns, you need to take a LONG look at yourself in the mirror. He's trying to make this country a better and safer place, and you people wanting to keep your guns aren't helping at all. You all need to get with the program, and if there is ever a law that bans guns, you should give them up PEACEFULLY. It's not worth it to start any unnecessary violence over.

All this craze obout guns being bad is non-sense.
Blaming guns for killing people is like blaming your pencil for spelling mistakes.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
think the gun was called the "equalizer" at one point

it was actually more than that because a small fast guy is a harder target-
big ol dudes- big ol targets

of course not sure that it would be a good equalizer against a helicopter gunship with crazy missles.

no worry tho- there is not enough time, manpower, or money to collect up all the guns. that and the fact that S&W , Colt, Remmington etc-
don't seem to be closing their doors or slowing production

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The right to own a gun is a personal decision and carries with it a great responsibility to insure it is safely secured. You obviously have not been exposed to the trama of being a victim by someone who takes it upon themselves to violate your right to live peacefully. My family HAS experienced the lifelong trama of a armed home invasion. The five persons who engaged in this personal thrill have all been caught convicted and a serving time. Would a gun have worked as a detergent? who knows. The security it provides now priceless. I received extensive training in firearms and I feel I meet all required saftey concerns. Take away our firearms and just like a junkie finds a fix, criminals will obtain firearms. The people of Austrailia gave up their guns and crime in every area has skyrocketed upwards of 90%.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by digitalwarrior

Really?

I hate to say this, but if you don't live here, you don't count.

You take care of your * in your country, and we'll take care of our own * here in our country.

Nobody's taking my weapons.

Never.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Can't we all just get along?

Last time I heard those words, some Korean Grocers in South Central LA had to grab their guns to defend themselves. I don't think they actually shot anybody, though, so I reckon you deem that situation to have been non violent.

You all need to get with the program, and if there is ever a law that bans guns, you should give them up PEACEFULLY. It's not worth it to start any unnecessary violence over.

If they ever violate the US Constitution and the US Supreme Court by attempting to disarm American Citizens with yet another illegal "law" banning guns, the folks that refuse to give them up won't be the ones that started any "unnecessary violence", because they are already "with the program", and understand in which direction tyranny lies.

And I'm pretty sure there will be violence on a scale unseen in this country in a well over a century.

Just curious, but which one of your rights do you think it would be "worth it" to get violent over if the violation of it right was right there in your face? Any? Or are you willing to just let 'em have it all, to keep the peace?

nenothtu out

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

What you need to understand is that times have changed. We no longer live in those days. Times are different now. We are ready to advance as a people and live peacefully, but we can not do that when people like you hold the rest of us back by holding on to your deadly weapons.

Advance away. Don't let me stop you, just go right ahead and bypass me. Don't stop or even slow down to try taking my guns. It would waste your valuable time.

If you run into trouble up there ahead of me, don't waste your time dropping back and asking for help either. Deal with it as best you can.

neneothtu out

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
very simple reason ... even with all the money in the world... they cannot overpower us ... this is what the founders believed in. Other than that in reference to arms i believe that a japanese dissenting commander in ww2 stated " it is pointless to invade the US , there is a gun behind every blade of grass" even if PTB didnt want us to have guns ... the easiest conclusion is that strategically they can rebuild if we revolt

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

All I am trying to say is that there can not be peace while you continue to cling to your guns. You are NOT helping the situation at all by doing this.

How would MY mere possession of a firearm disturb YOUR peace, since we've never met, and I'll bet don't live in the same town, or probably even the same state? How am I a threat to you?

In order for this nation to move forward, you need to give up your guns, plain and simple. Refusing to do so will just cause violence to you, your family and the military personnel just doing their job by asking politely to hand them over.

Just obey the law and everything will be fine.

That's what I would expect to her on a news broadcast in a movie of a prequel to Orwell's 1984...

Wait a minute....

Oh, I get it. This whole thread has been a joke! you're not really serious! You're giving us the arguments that an oppressive government would give if it came to take the guns, just before the slavemasters entered the door! Kind of a "we are the borg, resistance is futile" sort of thing.

Heck, I thought you were serious! Good one!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join