It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not just let the government take our guns? What's the big deal?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is a subject that gets me very heated. To the OP, first of all, I grew up around guns. My father is a hunter and a collector. The key to having children being raised in a house with weapons is.......(drum roll please...)....EDUCATION!!! I am sick and tired of hearing lame excuses blaming "guns" for all the trouble in the world. When people act with responsibility, keep their weapons in a safe, educate the household and such, these *accidents* don't happen. Nor are criminals bred from these situations. To me, this is simply another excuse by the weak minded. I am personally tired of excuses from people who refuse to take human responsibility for the things that are wrong with the world. That being said, I pity the fools that show up on my doorstep and try to take away my constitutional right to bear arms. We all have the right to defend our property and lives. I do not carry a weapon but I assure you, if someone threatens me on my property...well that's another story....

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412
And please, don't use that lame excuse "you need a gun to defend your family." That is the biggest bull I have ever heard. There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned baseball bat to defend your family with or taking up some martial arts lessons.

This is what the good sheeple think. When all the good citizens (subjects) turn in their guns guess who still has them............the criminals. Try defending yourself and your family with your hands and baseball bats when 5 armed gangsters with guns invade your home.

Personally I think ALL people with this view should publicly set the example for the rest of us gun wackos by posting a very visible sign on their front door stating "THIS HOME IS A GUN FREE HOME, NO GUNS ALLOWED".

At least the armed criminals will be better able to find the safest homes to invade and keep the rest of us gun wackos from being forced to defend ourselves.

Besides, if it weren't for guns do you really think you or I would have the right to speak this way??? Without the 2nd, really, how long do you thing the 1st will stay in place??? (not to mention what is left of the rest of rights).

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm not even from America, I'm from the UK where people have never been allowed guns, but I can 100% understand and support the Americans who want to keep guns by. The idea is that they can overthrow their government if they wanted to, not that the current American Idol Generation would even if they wanted to. If a criminal wants a gun he will get a gun, even in the UK.

And if children aren't playing with guns, it'll be a knife or any other "potential" killing tool, such as spoons.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AR154

And if children aren't playing with guns, it'll be a knife or any other "potential" killing tool, such as spoons.

We'll hammer their sporks into plowshares.

-

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

had to take a breather... seems admin did it for me.

everyone who is getting mad at the OP needs to realize he is only 16, and has no life experiences that we are trying to teach him. just give up.

eventually all kids will think this with enough government brainwashing

[edit on 5/12/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy

oh and a word from the british, not having guns is a good thing - criminals don't have guns here, they don't need them, its hard for them to get them and if they get caught with them they get in loads of trouble -england is much safer now, i for one don't ever want guns back on this island (i also think we need to stop selling them to the rest of the world)

I am british too, and what you say here is not true, I grew up and currently live in london in the last few years concerning guns it has gotten worse. i have even seen a few guns myself they are incredibly cheap to buy nowadays ? £250-£500 can get you a rubbish rebore that might blow up in your hand but if you spend the money you can buy whatever you want

Even mac-10s and the like are for sale, People are selling guns these days like they are selling drugs it has gone crazy in the last couple years

So its bull when you say criminals dont have guns here.The only people that dont have guns are normal law abiding citizens who cant even defend themselves

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
You let them take away your guns.

You keep your hands off mine.

Goes for you too, Obama.

THIS is the kind of attitude that stirs up trouble. If a law is passed saying you have to give up your guns, you have to obey it because it's the LAW!

and you now what happens when you don't cooperate with the law..

[edit on 11-5-2009 by doorbell412]

Not every law was meant to be obeyed. That is the sheeple attitude. Would you jump off the Brooklyn Bridge because the government told you too?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Don't you see? Guns have caused nothing but trouble throughout the decades. Can't we all just get along?

Oh man oh man, I love naive people. No, we cannot all just get along. It IS NOT in human nature, and no amount of laws, or bans, or singing, is EVER going to change that.

Besides, there's too many kids dying by playing with their parents loaded gun. By banning guns from the citizens, their wouldn't be any accidental deaths by kids who had their whole lives ahead of them.

Same tired and lame excuse you anti-gunners use constantly. I get sick of hearing this. Yes, kids do stupid things. But kids also die from a multitude of other things. Guns are not evil. Guns are tools, and any tool can be used for evil. Take yourself for example, you're a tool. Are you good or evil? I'll let the audience decide.

And please, don't use that lame excuse "you need a gun to defend your family." That is the biggest bull I have ever heard. There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned baseball bat to defend your family with or taking up some martial arts lessons.

You live in a fantasy world. A baseball bat, and some martial arts lessons aren't going to protect you from the criminal that STILL has a gun. Oh but wait, you assumed that a gun ban would pertain to EVERYONE. You just miscalculated on one important piece of information in your flawed logic. Criminals don't obey the law. So now, you're stuck at the mercy of the wolf, because you're a sheep, and you think like a sheep, which is to say that you don't think at all.

So everyone saying Obama is the bad guy for trying to take away your guns, you need to take a LONG look at yourself in the mirror. He's trying to make this country a better and safer place, and you people wanting to keep your guns aren't helping at all. You all need to get with the program, and if there is ever a law that bans guns, you should give them up PEACEFULLY. It's not worth it to start any unnecessary violence over.

No, you need to take a LONG look at yourself in the mirror, and you need to get with the program. People like myself, outnumber people like you, 100 to 1. We need our guns, to defend ourselves from tyranny, and those who welcome tyranny, such as individuals like yourself. People who tell other people how they should live their lives are no better than the people we need our guns to defend ourselves against. If you don't want to have any guns, that's your choice, and I'm all for that. But don't try to spread your vile crap by pushing it onto others, telling them what they should and shouldn't be doing. That, my friend, makes you an enemy of Freedom.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

When Civil War erupts in America over gun control, I am personally going to come looking for you.

I will get all banana sandwich on you.

Too bad you won't be armed to defend yourself.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

No one will take my guns either. There are several reasons to keep guns some are passed down through the generations and are family heirlooms.

I have the right to hunt and protect my family.

We still have our 2nd amendment rights and when the day comes that we do not you, as well should be concerned.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

what if a super hero came to take your guns away, and even though you shot him your bullets couldn't affect him?

would you still keep shooting or would you be convinced at that point that your guns are useless?

-

I'd simply reload my trusty shotgun with kryptonite slugs, and drop the spandex-wearing meddler in his tracks. Where, you ask, did I get kryptonite slugs? From the same place you got your bullet-resistant superhuman. Isn't this discussion complicated enough without delving into the realm of the utterly stupid?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
guys this is serious.... this is bigger than ur stupid rights or mine... its about ALL bets being off and having to rely and trust that the one beside u knows ur survival is as important as his.... 'or opposite'.... how many of these uneducated fools in America do u want with a gun? if u have one and they decide to take it from u you'll mply be shot... simple... its called marcial law... and any fool with a gun would be basically allowed to do whatever the f# it wants...... what i suggest is some serious combat training. go down to the shooting range.. get evaluated... maybe, that last one is just a suggestion....... uh, find some morals maybe. return that cash u received for perhaps a soul refund... this is big guys. bigger than u and i... --look around.. only u and i are talking about it and not the mass public- theres a reason. the masses are ignorant.these bankers have f#d us up and we have to restore and take responsibility for the power they had. we have to manage that power while they move off like the Cape Bee ad destroy many more nations (if this doesnt result in the destruction of a couple)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
To the Op.

You have faith in your government. Some people have faith in a god, but I have faith in my .45, that is how I sleep at night.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator

Originally posted by LostNemesis
reply to post by LiquidLight

Going to agree with you completely. I seriously don't believe that the 2nd Amendment EVER intended to limit ownership to only certain kinds of weapon.

I mean, really, what the heck is an "assault" weapon? Bah. They need to back off.

Totally... I am considering building a 2KT nuclear bomb to protect my family. I have the right to such arms.

Ok, while I realize you were just joking with the guy, this is actually used as an argument.

The Constitution of this nation is based on principles of men who lived thousands of years before any Old Worlder thought to cross the Atlantic. The Natural Laws that govern the quality of life for the individual. You have the Right to Life, Liberty, and Property for the pursuit of Happiness. Having the right to life means having the right to protect it from all threats to ones natural rights. If any entity should become destructive to these principles it is the Natural(God Given) right of the people to defend themselves by any means necessary in order to preserve their God Given Natural Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property. With these rights comes Personal Responsibility. Which CANNOT BE LEGISLATED. As there is free will and you will always have those that do not have regard for the rights of others. The Second Amendment is a deeper principle than just being able to own a gun for the sake of owning a gun.

If this experiment were taking place 500 years ago, I would fight for my right to bear swords and crossbows. It is about the very basic need of humans for self-preservation, and the preservation of that which one loves. That is a natural right. Having these weapons is NOT tantamount to being given license to take another persons life for insignificant purposes. You could do that without a weapon, it is still a violation of the Right to Life. The persons weapons is only a mean by which to defend that Right to Life, and since the Right to Life cannot be taken away by ANY government, then the right by which one defends that right is equally important and basic.

Governments are institutions of power no matter where you go. It is a constant struggle between the People and the Powers. The Constitution bear no mention of political party. The Constitution is not subject to the whims of political ideologies, indeed, it is the other way around.

I would recommend that before one dismisses the importance of one Amendment over the other, that we recognize why all amendments are needed to be part of the Legal Foundations of this country. They support and guarantee each other. Read the Constitution, and not only that, read how operative words were interpreted in those days by referencing the dictionaries available at that time. Try to understand the intent. Times have NOT changed. Tyranny, and suffering, and the need to defend oneself from these things continues to exist in this world. To say otherwise is a lie. To say that one should not have the means by which to defend these Natural Rights is counter-self preservation. And makes no sense at all.

You're a teen from what I have read. This is good, at least you're joining the discussion. I would be concerned for your right to bear arms in the future. The Near Future, because it is your generation that is being threatened the most these days. It is more immediate than you realize. Don't be fooled by the men in suits and their poorly researched arguments. Learn about these things without the media filter. History is far more interesting than these idiots make it. And lastly, don't ever let anyone tell you what to believe.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And here we have another example of how ATS is killing ATS. The OP in posting this thread surely knew the response he would get.

I can't say it any better than whats been saiid. Why don't we just give up on life???

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Right then when you don't have a gun and someone breaks into your home what are you gonna do throw hot water at em or somethin c'mon
wake up. You want to give away whatever guns you have go ahead. Tell
me this what happens when they start asking for more than your guns?
When they break into your home like it's no big deal to take you or your family to prison what will you do then Tell you what I'd do shoot first ask questions last.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well, I guess I will Defend myself from you and Tyranny. I will be happy to turn in my bullets one by one. You just stand out in front and catch them.

You are a fool to believe that this country will be a Safer Nation if we give up our guns. You know you talk too much and you are stirring up everyone - I think that after my Guns go- your Freedom of Speech is next. Your Religon is hateful- guess what, that's offenseive to the State and that is now banned. So easy to start with one and end with another.

Open your eyes.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NipdPrice

you're absolutely right. its a serious issue anyone with that has their eyes open is watching. A lot of people that i have talked to seem to think the opposite though, that it is a non-issue..."don't worry about it...this won't happen in America" sort of thing. Its kind of depressing to know how naive some people are. Im sure that in every country that has ever taken away their citizens rights to own a firearm and then installed a facist/dictatorship, the citizens there never thought it would happen either.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrainPower
reply to post by NipdPrice

you're absolutely right. its a serious issue anyone with that has their eyes open is watching. A lot of people that i have talked to seem to think the opposite though, that it is a non-issue..."don't worry about it...this won't happen in America" sort of thing. Its kind of depressing to know how naive some people are. Im sure that in every country that has ever taken away their citizens rights to own a firearm and then installed a facist/dictatorship, the citizens there never thought it would happen either.

Can you name one country that this has happened in? No way will we lose our guns. Impossible. Not in America.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
You let them take away your guns.

You keep your hands off mine.

Goes for you too, Obama.

THIS is the kind of attitude that stirs up trouble. If a law is passed saying you have to give up your guns, you have to obey it because it's the LAW!

and you now what happens when you don't cooperate with the law..

[edit on 11-5-2009 by doorbell412]

The problem is that they can't legally under the Constitution pass a law that says that. Which would make that law unlawful.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join