It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not just let the government take our guns? What's the big deal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am trianed to kill with my hands, but you don't take a knife, to a gun fight, unless your really, really stupid.

Agreeded, I'm gone.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well then apparently we've been feed the trolls again.

*Sigh*

ATS Public Service Announcement #2

1. Don't Feed The Trolls
  2. Please Don't Feed The Trolls
  3. For God Sakes, Stop Feeding The Trolls

Thank You!

~Keeper

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

You know, I love how people still think that you "elect" a president.

Electoral College anybody?

The last President to be "elected" was JFK.

~Keeper

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
oh and a word from the british, not having guns is a good thing - criminals don't have guns here, they don't need them, its hard for them to get them and if they get caught with them they get in loads of trouble -england is much safer now, i for one don't ever want guns back on this island (i also think we need to stop selling them to the rest of the world)

Really? I just did one quick Google and clicked on the first link. The headline reads:

"Boy dies in Manchester pub shooting
Three men arrested on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old
Maev Kennedy guardian.co.uk, Monday 11 May 2009 09"

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

There were several more such stories on that one site.

This law abiding citizen will 'peacefully' relinquish my firearms...After I've run out of ammunition and am lying dead in the battlefield, with some of the enemy.

To the OP (which I find difficult to take seriously), We, already, have laws making it illegal to use a weapon (firearm or other) to commit a crime. Has that stopped violent crime? Nooooo! So, do you really think making firearms illegal will accomplish anything? If so, take a closer look at violent crime in the UK. I think you will be converted. If you are honest with yourself.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

are you a young cop who is scared because the order to confiscate guns is comming down and you think that making a post like this will put a thought into the americans heads before this happens thereby lessoning your chances of getting shot, like the other post of this nature. also are you are checking who's on what side of this debate. natzi's didn't see or think they were evil in their doings,they were blinded by their self-rightous ideology.police don't protect people they protect the corporation that hires them and it's not we the people.the sherriff on the other hand is elected by the people and is accountable to the people.he still proctects the corporation but the people also. there is more to fear in this world than guns and you think a law will protect you or your kids from guns. cars,knives,frying pans doctors,soilders and cops kill more people and i think i need a law to ban ...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

From Thread: If the government began confiscating guns, which states would most likely retaliate?
Posted by doorbell412, on April 3, 2009 at 20:13 GMT

and which ones would most likely surrender?

I live in Georgia, so I know we'll put up a fight.

Hey doorbell, care to explain this?

And this?

From Thread: Obama set to unveil Mexico border drugs/guns plan
Posted by doorbell412, on March 25, 2009 at 01:36 GMT

All I know is, when Bush was in office, I didn't hear hardly anything about the war on drugs. Now that Obama is president, the media has been showing nothing but the war on drugs. And then Forbes puts a drug lord in the top richest people in the world's list... This is the scape goat that will be used to slowly, but surely disarm the American citizens.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by WTFover]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Guns don't cause trouble. You might as well say that rocks cause trouble. They are inanimate objects that do not do anything on their own. If one is lying on a table, it will just lie there, doing nothing. It won't hover in the air blindly discharging in random directions. They don't think, they don't have egos, they don't hate, they don't love, etc...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
This guy is just egging people on to rack up points. I won't be a part of it anymore.

An astute observation. I suspected this guy was trolling from the first post, pulling out the most inane and provocative clichés of the anti-gun movement, and offering a condescending admonition for us all to just surrender peacefully.

In a pig's eye.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Well, what right then should any military or police have a right to them either. Communication only occurs between equals, right now the government, police and military are basically government supremecists, THEY want the special guns and we can have spit wad shooters, that resembles nothing other than Asian Despotism, also with regard to all these TSARS we now have it should be apparent that freedom has been eroded for TOO long now and it appears time for the pendulum to swing back the other way. They have had 40 plus years of free reign to restrict and those days are coming to an end, whether the Obamabots like it or not!

The Constitution as a law appears not negotiable. You can't erase protections against preventing tyranny. The government was not supposed to pass laws without reading them, they have serperate powers that are not supposed to work for a UNITARY executive, they are against the public promoting and helping only the wealthy, when they should only help the most destitute. No welfare, those days are over, the party maybe over now, only thing OBAMA doesn't get it. His followers are a day late and a dollar short. The boom has ended, all you can do now will be to continue to step in the you know what, everytime they open their mouths with the pseudoscience of global warming by man they remind me of turn of the century EUGENICISTS.

Meanwhile they possess NUCLEAR BOMBS yet we are asked to give up our pistols, they purge channels on you tube, they ban Micheal Savage in Engalnd, they call for new laws to restrict the internet, if you hurt somebody's feelings they claim that will be a felony, that would be HATE SPEECH against the 1st amendment. They are the TRUE HATE SPEECH. The goal of ending violence would be to get it down to dialogue and conversation, that CANNOT HAPPEN with a fairness doctrine or HATE SPEECH BILL. People then will just act rather than talk, that increases hate and violence, the same as it appears in Europe and the middle east and Asia. These policies are dreams of elitists to prevent ALL QUESTIONS AND ALL CHANGES THAT DRIVE THEM OUT OF CONTROL.

I think it highly naive to call for gun control and to not mention the history of such experiments, why doesn't OBAMA take questions about the Holocaust and Hitler's Gun Control methods and how his compares with that or Holder's Ideas and how they compare with Mao's? Simple, they ignore the facts, say we live today that was in the past, it can't happen again, they are LIARS. They lie about what they do before elected then lie while elected, how can anyone trust any of these fake leaders anymore, they are as fake as a 3 dollar bill. I don't vote, we don't need them, they are useless, they are not responsible they seek to stifle dissent, HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE WHAT HAS BEEN PLACED BY THEM IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.

Politicians could go on trips around the galaxy and we would carry on with the most FREEDOM EVER.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

From Thread: If the government began confiscating guns, which states would most likely retaliate?
Posted by doorbell412, on April 3, 2009 at 20:13 GMT

and which ones would most likely surrender?

I live in Georgia, so I know we'll put up a fight.

Hey doorbell, care to explain this?

And this?

From Thread: Obama set to unveil Mexico border drugs/guns plan
Posted by doorbell412, on March 25, 2009 at 01:36 GMT

All I know is, when Bush was in office, I didn't hear hardly anything about the war on drugs. Now that Obama is president, the media has been showing nothing but the war on drugs. And then Forbes puts a drug lord in the top richest people in the world's list... This is the scape goat that will be used to slowly, but surely disarm the American citizens.

So what? My brother posts on this account also. He is for guns obviously. We debate over this issue all the time

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

this tryianical government just took off with our prosperity and our manufacturing and our gold,and our childerns lives and you still are going along with them.
eyes open wide awake
eyes open wide awake
eyes open wide awake
eyes open wide awake

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
In my country, guns aren't a major issue at all. I mean yeah sure, they're used to kill people on occasion, but that's not the guns fault, obviously.

Besides why ban guns? I mean, I definitely don't agree with them, but I mean, if people aren't using guns as a weapon, they're using anything they can get their hands on. Now, getting gunned down is definitely bad, I imagine, but getting beaten with hand-to-hand combat weapons can be even more devastating. You may end up living through something you may not want to even live with afterward (extreme facial wounds, or extreme wounds in general).

Though, I digress. I think the point here is if you let the government take your weapons, they're gonna be the only ones with weapons. As others have stated before, if that liberty is removed, then you'd have to get prepared for even more of your rights removed. Of course, it wouldn't all happen at once, but over the course of time, you'd know that TPTB will have had their way with you and the society you live in.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

What you need to understand is that times have changed. We no longer live in those days. Times are different now. We are ready to advance as a people and live peacefully, but we can not do that when people like you hold the rest of us back by holding on to your deadly weapons.

Is this a joke? We're at war in several different countries, our police are gunning down innocent people, our government is crooked as they come, priests are molesting boys, and you say that I'm holding back your advancement because I own a gun!?!

In Mexico only the criminals have guns. Or maybe you'd rather we have lot's of stabbing's like they do in the UK, that would be much better than guns. I wonder when they'll outlaw knives, after all they kill people too. I'd vote for a sharp stick in the eye but then you'd want sticks outlawed because some kid that never got any discipline put someone's eye out with one.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Probably said already but worth repeating : The bad guys will ALWAYS have GUNS.

If you disarm the good guys, then we're just defenseless till the police show up. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a B and E (that's breaking and entering) you'll know that you want ALL of the tools available to defend yourself.

There's simply not enough mace and knives in the world that match the security a gun gives you. I got some sweet knives but the trouble is, I gotta get mega close to the `bad guy`, who might be several times stronger than me or on PCP, etc.

I'd much rather just blast them from a safe distance.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That doesn't seem very fair, the US government gets to have hydrogen bombs and top secret weapons technology. Can't we be allowed our measly pea shooters? Please?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Seems crazy to me that the government would want you to hand over your firearms. Many people have firearms for hobbies and food. What astonishes me is the lack of regulation for those who hold those arms. Anyone can own one and place them at their bedside. In my opinion they should be properly kept and respected. Children should also be taught this respect through training courses and their parents' guidence.

Scary thought that many people are talking home protection. Your gun can be used as easily against you.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just got a quick question out of curiosity in regards to the topic people. It seems a bit hypocritical that people use the "THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! IT'S MY LEGAL RIGHT TO HAVE GUNS! IT'S IN THE CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!"

Well, um, excuse my naivety (spelling?), but isn't that EXACTLY what the US Constitution is doing? Telling you what rights you do and don't have? So it's saying what you can and can't do????

So tell me, who is in the right??? The current Government, or one from 200 years ago that had less information (and less people around for that matter) in its hands?

I'm not trying to start a flame war, as I said, I'm just curious, cause it seems wierd that people get angry at the Government of today for telling em what they can and can't do, yet have faith in a Charter from a couple of hundred years ago, created by a Government that now doesn't exist, and doesn't know what we know today. Seems a little crazy to me. But hey, I'm just another small person from the Prison that is Australia

Now if I wasn't so sick, I could probably figure it out for myself. Damn virii!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Big Brother has been stripping our rights from us for years, more and more people are realizing this, so BB realizes, we need to get the guns away from people. They aren’t trying to make America a safer place. They want to squash any attempt at an armed opposition before it happens. If we no longer have guns then a fight against them would be pointless. I will die before……….. I mean they will kill me before I give up my guns. I believe Chuck said it best.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
First step to establishing a dictatorship: disarm the citizens....i mean, heck, it's worked before!!!!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

Quick answer: The founding documents *recognize* rights the people have, they don't give them to them. And so on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join