It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not just let the government take our guns? What's the big deal?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
taking guns away from honest men will only put guns in the hands of men with bad intentions....

Look at the UK..no guns but stabbings are rampet...

OP.how would you feel if your next door neighbor gets his door kicked in and murdured..But the week before he handed over his guns?

In the US our freedom with firearms is our only saving grace..Take them,then you might as well right up a new c-ons-titution

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
People who think guns will protect them from there government have no idea how little those guns would do. I mean seriously I can just see it now an angry mob with 'their guns' storming the whitehouse lawn.. in comes a UAV+sidewinder.. finished.

An angry mob? Try MILLIONS of armed patriots. I'd like to see the military take on every single gun-owning American. Most of them wouldn't even have the balls to fire on their own countrymen (I hope).

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I actually intend a shot in the face if anyone is dumb enough to come in... and somehow able to get past my dog.

They're so affordable, while .22cal + has gotten so expensive. A nice .177 will provide many hours of fun... And a shot in the face is no laughing matter, for the most part.

Sooooo affordable, and awesome for the survivalist, when they need to take down small game. But that is for another thread.

EDIT: Here is mine!!! www.finksbaitandtackle.com... About $50 at the local store, and 500 pellets for like $4 at Wal Mart. Ya can afford to become a pro in no time, and stock is available to make it a rifle.
Good times...

[edit on 11-5-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
can't, our constitution says gonvernment can't so it will never happen. if it does there will be a revolt.

Keeper

I agree... The surest way to make the south revolt again is to take away their guns. I don't know one single person who would stand for it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Perhaps I can shed some light on the OP's understanding of why Guns in the US is the most important thing the citizens can have.

When the founding fathers created the US, they saw a need to have a populace that was prepared to act in the event tyranny took over the country as they had seen so many times in Europe and other places of the world.

The point of having guns is to protect you from your government. And I am sorry but in today's world, with all that we know as fact, the lies the control and the blatant disrespect for human life, don't you want to be protected?

How easy would it be to make everybody into a slave if the populace had to way to defend itself against the army? The military is an extension of the people and most would think they won't fire on their own kind, but it's easier than that now.

Governments can outsource their jobs to other countries. So that means that we can have German troops policing the streets of Los Angeles. Do you think they will hesitate to shoot dissadents that aren't of their culture, of their country? No they will not hesitate.

Further more it just happens to be the 2nd amendment. A Fundemental part of American society and ideology. It's simply written into a document that cannot be surpassed unless you re-write the whole thing.

In the past 2 decades the PTB along with the many governments in cahoots with them have managed to strip us of every right exept for the right to bear arms, it's really our only beacon of hope in the event of a hositle take over, which is probably coming in all honesty.

But hey they're restricting ammo now, so it's not like it will make a difference in the long run. But that is besides the point.

It's more of a matter of principle now. If our society was going to way it's suppose to and human beings were actually evolving, spiritually as well as physically, then I would agree with you. I would be the first to say lay down your arms and play nicely.

The problem is that even though we have a substantial ammount of the populace waking up to the various problems and trying to do something about it, we are still being controlled and opressed.

Do you really want to leave this world, knowing that your children and their children will forever be puppets and slaves to a select few? Would you want them to not be able to see the beauty and love that is planet Earth because their free will and basic human rights have been diminished and removed without so much as a fuss?

I highly doubt that, I know I certainly want my children to have atleast the same ammount of freedom I have today, which isn't much mind you but it's better than nothing.

If we willingly give up our right to protect ourselves from the ones who would hurt us, then we have lost a very philosphical and very real battle with our so called "handlers".

I will be the first to agree that weapons in general are a stupid idea and as a species we should have realized such things a long time ago, along with imaginary lines in the sand and claiming ownership to land, but again that's another thread.

The world we live in is simply too dangerous and there is far too much at stake right now for us to willingly give up the only thing that might divert the collapse of free society all together.

~Keeper

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've just made a law that says the US miltary should give me all it's guns. The Russians should drive their tanks into the Baltic sea and the UK should shoot Trident into space. Laws mean nothing anymore.
I've no gun and have never needed one.
With all due respect, give your guns to whoever you want to but don't try and tell other people what to do with theirs.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This is actually pretty scary to me. Some Obamazombies are actually that brainwashed that they think he is "trying to make the country a better place" by taking away all of our guns? I mean, c'mon... that is just plain scary to me.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
In all seriousness, where is all this Obama IS going to take the guns talk coming from? As far as I know he is doing nothing of the sort. Maybe they are talking about fully automatic weapons? And to those who say "i gotta right to own my AK-47" what more right do you have to own that than a surface to air missile or any weapon that can cause mass casualties with ease?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

Well, I seem to recall a recent thread talking about the United States ratifying a treaty that would require Americans to give up their guns. Whether this was just anti-government talk or actually had substance, I don't know.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412
There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned baseball bat to defend your family with or taking up some martial arts lessons.

I disagree with this idea, a martial artist or someone armed with a bat may well be able to defeat the gunman at short range, like a few feet or closer, but once you get over a distance much bigger than that, the gunman will always see the lunge and shoot before you even got a chance to hit him.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The Constitution NEVER mentioned that we were limited in WHICH guns we could own. If it did, I would love to see...

Anyway, fully-auto is NOT what they are going after. Fully Auto is already illegal. Conversions, another story.... not going there..

Anyway, ASSAULT WEAPONS is what they are currently targeted. It is a sham, and it WILL NOT stop there.

That is why people are fighting

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
lol

yeah, so if i'm hungry i and stuck 50 miles out of civilization and my car dies, i have to kill me a quail with a sling and rock.....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

The Constitution NEVER mentioned that we were limited in WHICH guns we could own. If it did, I would love to see...

Anyway, fully-auto is NOT what they are going after. Fully Auto is already illegal. Conversions, another story.... not going there..

Anyway, ASSAULT WEAPONS is what they are currently targeted. It is a sham, and it WILL NOT stop there.

That is why people are fighting

I'll take it a step further and say that, in the spirit of which the Second Amendment was written, full autos would have been included had the Founding Fathers envisioned them.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
lol

yeah, so if i'm hungry i and stuck 50 miles out of civilization and my car dies, i have to kill me a quail with a sling and rock.....

Or you could try catching those lizards. You know, those fast ones that duck under rocks faster than you can blink an eye.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

You don't eat quail, come on now Rev!

They were specifically invented so Dick Cheny could mistake a buddy of his for one.

~Keeper

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Going to agree with you completely. I seriously don't believe that the 2nd Amendment EVER intended to limit ownership to only certain kinds of weapon.

I mean, really, what the heck is an "assault" weapon? Bah. They need to back off.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

sorry to go offtopic, but it does make the point....

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

and yes those damn bluebellys.......

but back on topic, seriously, guns are needed for more reason than one than protection, it is written in the constitution that we bare arms. it is recommended that we bare arms. it is written if we see the government unfit, we fight back(even though everything contradicts itself in that bit of the constitution.)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
reply to post by LiquidLight

Going to agree with you completely. I seriously don't believe that the 2nd Amendment EVER intended to limit ownership to only certain kinds of weapon.

I mean, really, what the heck is an "assault" weapon? Bah. They need to back off.

Totally... I am considering building a 2KT nuclear bomb to protect my family. I have the right to such arms.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The history of gun confiscation in the last 100+ years has been a bloody one for those populations forced to give up their right to self defense. Millions of civilians, unable to defend themselves, have been massacered at the hands of the state, whos MO is always to disarm their prey before they enslave them.

OP shows great ignorance of history and human nature if he really thinks 'times have changed' and the same ruthless factions behind aformentioned slaughters arent still fully in control of todays power structure.

"hey everybody lets lay down our last resort means of defense, slavery aint so bad is it? besides you might poke an eye out!"

regardless, anyone who thinks obama is a force for peace and justice in the world wouldnt be worth responding to if that view wasnt so inaccurate and prevalent.

I appologise to the op for prickisness, but seriously man, you dont know of what you speak.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412

THIS is the kind of attitude that stirs up trouble. If a law is passed saying you have to give up your guns, you have to obey it because it's the LAW!

and you now what happens when you don't cooperate with the law..

Golly Gee! That's right!!!! you have to obey it because it's the LAW!!!!!

And you know what happens when you don't cooperate with the LAW!!!!

And there are so many LAWS that we(as a nation) must cling to because otherwise we would spin off into a quagmire of hellish chaos!!!!!

Alabama: It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

California:
Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for
anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over
puddles of water.

Florida:
A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday
or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.

Illinois:
It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and
other domesticated animal kept as pets.

Kentucky:
* It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.

Oklahoma:
Violators can be fined, arrested or jailed for making ugly faces at
a dog.
web.mit.edu...
www.pcuf.fi...

Man we had better get in compliance and QUICK!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join