It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not just let the government take our guns? What's the big deal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Don't you see? Guns have caused nothing but trouble throughout the decades. Can't we all just get along? Besides, there's too many kids dying by playing with their parents loaded gun. By banning guns from the citizens, their wouldn't be any accidental deaths by kids who had their whole lives ahead of them. And please, don't use that lame excuse "you need a gun to defend your family." That is the biggest bull I have ever heard. There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned baseball bat to defend your family with or taking up some martial arts lessons.

So everyone saying Obama is the bad guy for trying to take away your guns, you need to take a LONG look at yourself in the mirror. He's trying to make this country a better and safer place, and you people wanting to keep your guns aren't helping at all. You all need to get with the program, and if there is ever a law that bans guns, you should give them up PEACEFULLY. It's not worth it to start any unnecessary violence over.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Until some other rogue country/force decides itll be time to invade and run amok here.

Yeah, thats a great idea....

+10 more 
posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You let them take away your guns.

You keep your hands off mine.

Goes for you too, Obama.

+4 more 
posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by doorbell412
Don't you see? Guns have caused nothing but trouble throughout the decades. Can't we all just get along? Besides, there's too many kids dying by playing with their parents loaded gun. By banning guns from the citizens, their wouldn't be any accidental deaths by kids who had their whole lives ahead of them. And please, don't use that lame excuse "you need a gun to defend your family." That is the biggest bull I have ever heard. There's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned baseball bat to defend your family with or taking up some martial arts lessons.

So everyone saying Obama is the bad guy for trying to take away your guns, you need to take a LONG look at yourself in the mirror. He's trying to make this country a better and safer place, and you people wanting to keep your guns aren't helping at all. You all need to get with the program, and if there is ever a law that bans guns, you should give them up PEACEFULLY. It's not worth it to start any unnecessary violence over.

People hoard guns not to fight their country men, but to fight their government. I feel you have failed to understand that most basic point.

So to tell someone with that belief, that they should just hand over their guns, is a pointless statement.

+11 more 
posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

He's trying to make this country a better and safer place, and you people wanting to keep your guns aren't helping at all.

You see. This is the type of blatant fiction that people actually believe. They will take away your defenses and then your rights, freedoms and maybe even your life. They do these things to make the world a better safer place. It's clearly illustrated throughout history and will be repeated as soon as they get us to forget.

Before the Nazis had their little party, Hitler took away all of the guns.
Before Stalin killed off millions of his own citizens he took away their guns.
During the 'Cultural Revolution' in which millions were murdered, Mao took away the guns.

Why do YOU want my guns? To make me safer?

Not likely.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
You let them take away your guns.

You keep your hands off mine.

Goes for you too, Obama.

THIS is the kind of attitude that stirs up trouble. If a law is passed saying you have to give up your guns, you have to obey it because it's the LAW!

and you now what happens when you don't cooperate with the law..

[edit on 11-5-2009 by doorbell412]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

I'll be damned if I do.

They can't pass such a law.

The Constitution is the highest law in the land.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

He's trying to make this country a better and safer place, and you people wanting to keep your guns aren't helping at all.

Before the Nazis had their little party, Hitler took away all of the guns.
Before Stalin killed off millions of his own citizens he took away their guns.
During the 'Cultural Revolution' in which millions were murdered, Mao took away the guns.

Why do YOU want my guns? To make me safer?

Not likely.

What you need to understand is that times have changed. We no longer live in those days. Times are different now. We are ready to advance as a people and live peacefully, but we can not do that when people like you hold the rest of us back by holding on to your deadly weapons.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If a law is passed saying you have to give up your guns, you have to obey it because it's the LAW!

And they are more than welcome to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

When the day comes , and it will, to voluntarily hand in all registered guns

people will, There will be an End Date that will make it unlawful to own them after the given date.

Then the fun starts ....

The "Holdouts" will be given a visit by a Squad of Bad - Ass enforcers that

will be just praying for resistors, These guys will be Jacked Up to Do-Their-Duty.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I am originally from the us but have been in NZ for over a decade. Guns are not big here, there is no gun culture here like the US and the entire country is better for it. I do not worry about my kids being victim in a school shooting or random driveby. People who think guns will protect them from there government have no idea how little those guns would do. I mean seriously I can just see it now an angry mob with 'their guns' storming the whitehouse lawn.. in comes a UAV+sidewinder.. finished.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I won't resort to name-calling.....

Anyway. Kids die from their parents' guns? OMG !! RUN ! PANICK !! Natural Selection may be at work, here! OMG

Why do people want guns banned so bad? Everybody has their hobby, and I would be quite upset if someone wanted to make me a criminal because of the sports I participate in... Or the things I collect.

Guns are a legitimate hobby/collection. A tool, and really not much more. Their existence is not the bringer of doom. Get over it.

+1 more 
link   
I enjoy my guns; I enjoy shooting them, and I enjoy the comfort they bring. It's my right as an American to own them, and taking them away would do nothing but make a lot of pissed off people a whole lot more pissed off.

You have no reason and no right to take away my guns; these children that get shot from playing with daddy's guns? well, the gun should have been locked and out of reach. It's no different than leaving dangerous pills in reach of kids. You don't see anyone trying to ban those, do you?

And how many criminals do you think own their guns legally? The only thing banning guns will do is taking them out of the hands of law-abiding citizens.

link   
B....B....B....B..B...But we need our gunz in case dem dam british come'a back or da gubment tries to kill us!

because just like last time when it was flintlock rifles the american people will be able to defend themselves against the government killing machine's A1 Abrahams, F-15 Rators, Polaris Cruse Missiles, Tactical nukes and inter continental ballistic missiles....

because of course the gubment will try to kill you dam yankies with the army, it wouldn't just use chemical weapons dropped from the sky, poison in the water supply or mass starvation... they'll line up and give you a chance to shoot back rite, lol.

of course that's before you consider they wouldn't even bother in the first place because they need SLAVES and you're already enslaved, economic chains bind you into the system and like it or not you are the oil between the cogs - you wish you were free enough for some uber elite to want to kill you

oh and a word from the british, not having guns is a good thing - criminals don't have guns here, they don't need them, its hard for them to get them and if they get caught with them they get in loads of trouble -england is much safer now, i for one don't ever want guns back on this island (i also think we need to stop selling them to the rest of the world)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

door bell what mat did you tuck yourself out from under!! is this a serious thread or just one to get the masses a stiring. well you caught my eye and my attention on this post

first if you know nothing about the constitution, know this, i think our for fathers had an idea of the tyranny that its govt can demonstrate upon its people with out the right to bear arms.

2nd not sure where you live, but i have never seen the hard criminals ever being law abiding citizens and giving there guns away.

3rd there are proven track records throughout the states of the cities that mandate having guns, either due to no police or reassurance. take a look at these cities with these laws, you will see next to no crimes what so ever.

4th you cannot even be close to being serious with obama so i wont respond to that

5th just keep drinking the cool aid.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

When the day comes , and it will, to voluntarily hand in all registered guns

people will, There will be an End Date that will make it unlawful to own them after the given date.

Then the fun starts ....

The "Holdouts" will be given a visit by a Squad of Bad - Ass enforcers that

will be just praying for resistors, These guys will be Jacked Up to Do-Their-Duty.

But that's the problem. Why does it have to come to that!? Just turn in your guns peacefully and there will be no violence.

It's not worth it to have your family put in harms way just because you refuse to obey the law and give up your guns.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I can't believe what I am reading right here. Where are you from?

You do realize that criminals and terrorists don't legally register their guns, right? Yea, let's take the guns away from law-abiding citizens so that criminals can run free with all the illegal guns.

The 2nd Amendment was not put there by our founding fathers so that you can hunt, it was put there so that we would have a chance to rise up against TYRANNY.

Why not just let the government take our guns??? You should be ashamed of yourself.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
can't, our constitution says gonvernment can't so it will never happen. if it does there will be a revolt.

Keeper

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
can't, our constitution says gonvernment can't so it will never happen. if it does there will be a revolt.

Keeper

The Constitution

Whats left in it ...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm wondering, are airguns in the same class as firearms? If not then why not just stock up on high powered airguns just in case?
Like for example, a shot to the face from this is just as good as any real gun:
www.gamousa.com...

also: www.airgundepot.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join