It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft adds hypervisor support to Windows Server 2008 R2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Microsoft is now planning on using hyper visors I dont know if it is eye cordinated or not or if the software already exists in the visors to allow it to be done by the eye's or not but this is something coming to a store near you.

"A U.S. Department of Defense entity might want to use Top Secret, Secret and For Official Use designations to set different levels of encryption and backup schedules, he said."

Falcon

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It seems they are talking about a supervisory role above Administrator rather than a physical visor to be worn. Basically it would allow the person with highest authority to oversee and control all info on a network, I think. It could also then be possible for a government agency to take the role of overseer and be the Hypervisor able to control info almost anywhere in the public domain.

I don't know that much about computers and systems so does this sound about right folks?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure if it's an overseering surveillance tech like the above poster said or it's a tech where you use your eyes as a mouse pointer.

Is there a link?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I cant believe I forgot to post the link on this sorry my fault.

Here it is.

Link 1

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
A Hypervisor is a piece of software that stops you from modifying system files.
Theres a Hypervisor in Xbox 360 hard drives and it's why modding Xbox 360 software is such a problem and not even done for the most part.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just figured I'd wrap this thread up with some correct information. A Hypervisor is not some sort of device, or piece of software that stops you from modifying system files.

A Hypervisor is a Virtual Machine management tool. More info can be found here:

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join