It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montauk Trouble

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Ouch, and I did just come across this little blurb:

Considering its size, removing the huge antenna was problematic at best so it was "abandoned in place", with its controlling motors and electronics removed, allowing it to move with the wind to prevent it being torn off its base in a storm. A GATR (Ground Air Transmitter Receiver) facility remained in service to direct military aircraft operating within the region. This system was deactivated and removed in 1984. Riverhead now controls all air traffic in the area.

I'm thinking this is why the only mention of this story can be found in someone's blog site vs a local media source. I wonder if that person has just recently been keeping track of it and he now noticed it moved when they got the right wind?

[edit on 12-5-2009 by HaTaX]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
interesting i guess.

i don't buy that internet news article though. i mean . . . the issue is so serious that the town PD tasks 10 officers and detectives to 'stake out' the tower overnight, and then have them camp out incognito and in homes of residents the following nights . . . all to crack the mystery of why the dish is moving?

you believe that? 10 officers and detectives? honestly?

i'm not saying this things hasn't moved . . . but i will say the article sounds either sensationalized or ill-researched, both of which are poor indicators.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
edit to add: Doh (as Homer says)

after reading the post by HaTaX and seeing it with my own eye of course on Wikipedia.

Move along nothing to see here.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

"I think the swivel lock under the reflector array is either broken or has loosened. There is probably a weathervane effect when the wind is high enough.

Either that, or ET HAS phoned home!"

I read that fellow's post and found it lacking.

He refuses to consider more than two possibilities, with the second possibility being highly unrealistic;

This is called a dialectic and its use almost always betrays another agenda on the part of those using it. In this case, it probably just shows incompetence and an inability to consider other possible causes.

This 'expert' of yours did not even consider the possibility that someone could have moved the dish with a rope - especially as this has not happened before and occurred in the absence of high winds...... Some expert.

*I could claim expertise, but I prefer to rely on the facts to support positions.

You be careful about letting people from the internet make up your mind for you. Let the facts make up your mind.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Please don't use wikipedia as a source.

I used to change facts on wikipedia all the time - just for fun.

*check the last edit made to the page you were just on. When was it made?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretGoldfish
interesting i guess.

i don't buy that internet news article though. i mean . . . the issue is so serious that the town PD tasks 10 officers and detectives to 'stake out' the tower overnight, and then have them camp out incognito and in homes of residents the following nights . . . all to crack the mystery of why the dish is moving?

you believe that? 10 officers and detectives? honestly?

i'm not saying this things hasn't moved . . . but i will say the article sounds either sensationalized or ill-researched, both of which are poor indicators.

Why not call the Police Office and ask how many officers they put to stake out the dish?
Here is their office number: 631-668-3709 or 631-324-0024
-----------------------------------

I find it pretty interesting that not only have my friends started talking about the MKULTRA and Montauk projects in the last few days, but then this pops up here on ATS. Is someone sending out telepathic messages?!

By and by,
to you guys for looking up the pictures!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

What are you talking about? blah blah blah. Before I edited it out, I was referring to the Army engineer experts, did you bother to read the article? You did not make my mind up either and you are in the wide wide world of web.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by timewalker]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

What are you talking about? blah blah blah. You did not make my mind up either and you are in the wide wide world of web.

Correct.

I want the facts to make up your mind - wikipedia is not a reliable source for facts.

I included a photograph and pointed out the flaws in your "expert's" arguments.

I told you about the hazards of using wikipedia.

I hope you draw your own conclusions, and do not defer to an authority/expert - especially when they have already proven themselves to be inept insofar as their ability to consider more than two possible explanations; with one being aliens.....

Do you believe the dish capable of unassisted motion?

Surely someone must have pictures or video of such a massive dish being blown about by the wind...

*As a Conspiriatioralistic Theoretician, I am quite interested in the state of repair of the mechanism on the dish itself - I wonder if they retain functionality and if not, to which extent are they in disrepair..

Edit: You edited your post, so I'll have to edit in this reply:

Your article doesn't provide corroboration of the sort I mentioned in my earlier posts. Post examples specific to this case or of similiar size installations. (Pictures or video wherein a dish of similiar size and form is in motion as a result of wind will be sufficient.)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nolongerindenial

Montauk has always been one of my favorite things to read about. Many believe there is still secret underground work being done over there. Since so much of it is still government owned it makes one wonder. I remember that there is still power going into much of the area that is supposeably abandoned... it makes one wonder... and I love to wonder.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Just a suggestion but if something is tampered with in the past certain ideas/people/landmarks may seem to change in the future even though they have been that way all along. Just b/c this piece of machinery is broken at this moment doesn't mean it isn't working somewhere/time else and it is not very hard to rotate a working dish.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Sounds like a great idea for the beginning of a movie.

Wish there were credible, local news sources cause this is hella interesting.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienmojo

Montauk has always been one of my favorite things to read about. Many believe there is still secret underground work being done over there. Since so much of it is still government owned it makes one wonder. I remember that there is still power going into much of the area that is supposeably abandoned... it makes one wonder... and I love to wonder.

I don't doubt this, at all. In fact I think the really strange thing is the fact that the facility is decommissioned and yet the tower remains? That would have definitely been one of the things they would have torn down in the decommissioning project because of the liability to the government if the thing fell over on somebody.

+22 more 
posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I love this place just for the creepy feeling you get there, I visited the place before it became a State Park, and there was still a lot of activity around the place, security ECT.

There is some suggestion that the underground part of the base is still active in some respect, several reports of people claiming to have been abducted and taken there in the 1970's and early 80's, then you have the usual reports of reptilian activity at the base, which I have never gone for really.

There are some sites which have pictures of the ground and top soil having been eroded and the top of a concrete tunnel can be seen protruding out of the ground, also some attempts to gain access to the underground facility, also pictures of what seems to be a 1 GW electrical connection, which has always been denied (I don't know why).

Lots of reports of people fleeing even after it was a park, after being spooked by an uneasy feeling, people claiming they feel they are being watched, also some reports that the dish was seen to have been in use for several minutes during the early 90's I read a report the dish had made over a dozen turns then stopped abruptly.

I have a lot of information about the Montauk project, and suspicions surrounding camp hero, after it was supposedly decommissioned from being an Anti Aircraft Training Facility, as well as the more recent Montauk project, which is related to the Philadelphia experiment where research into mind control also related to MK Ultra experiments which have been confirmed in FOIA and other CIA documents.

There are reports of huge doors which where camouflaged and opened out onto the sea, all that remains now is evidence that something was demolished on the shore line, with huge concrete blocks all that remains of these supposed doors, along with electric cables seeming to go under the camp, there are pictures taken from a hole which was smashed through the concrete doors which where sealed which led to the supposed elevator down into the base, and symbols drawn on the wall inside, which had to have been painted before the base was sealed, as nobody has ever been able to gain access inside.

As I have said I have a ton of information on this base and projects, I myself do not believe the reptile conspiracy ascertaining to the base, I do however believe that when the base was decommissioned, activity continued, and I do feel after my visit there and some investigation, that even today below ground level, work still takes place there to some extent.

Because of this new 250 250 250 club rules, I will gladly put all the information and pictures I have available about camp hero, but you people need to show me I wont be wasting my time, its a lot of information for it to be just ignored, and with all the recent comments about wasting 8 mins of peoples lives with useless information I have valuable time also.

So flag if you want this information posted, and please no pointless comments, because you think its all crap, maybe it is, but until you have all the evidence how can you make that call? either that or go and research online, all the information is there also.

Thank you OP for bringing this to our attention, this is a place of extreme interest to me and many others.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Interesting story and its certainly a creepy place.
I also went straight to google earth and looked it up as a poster did before me. The dish is pointing NE with a "imagery date" of march 2007, I can screenshot it if needs be. People seem a little quick to overlook this though as its not nearly as sensational as "aliens did it".

Have we any evidence whatsoever that the dish may have moved except for one blog?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonamousantichrist
i certainly would not be peeking my nose around that place. gives me the creeps just looking at pics.

Too right, congress knew all about the montauk project, it definately was about mind control, who knows about the other stuff. But the congress are well scared of that stuff, and they know to be.

On this issue, surely we have pictures from years ago, and we can check, someone must be able to tell.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Remember the stories from Al Bielek and the time travel / dimensional portal experiments taking place there, with the eventual closure due to a giant monster incarnating via the time tunnel - and just about destroying the whole facility with it!!

I wonder if the monster has been let loose again! The other thing that reminds me of Montauk is the film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, there Jim Carrey gets on a train to Montauk, and there's a beach house there.. and the film is so desolate, confusing and lonely / dislocated. It centres around a mind control experiment.. makes me wonder if there is a grain of truthfulness via clues dropped here and there, maybe that's a bit of a stretch.. but the film sure had a desolate lonely feel to it, a weird feeling. I wonder if being out at Camp Hero is a bit like that..

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

On this issue, surely we have pictures from years ago, and we can check, someone must be able to tell.

Posted On the first page.....

This dish has moved since then. (1993)

Compare it to the more recent Google earth images (also on the first page...)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf1003339287.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

Jim carry is supposed to be into conspiracies. The film is definately on the montauk project and mind control. Forgotten is also based on the montauk thing also. Both weird movies.

Shame we just cannot get anymore info on it anymore, as al bielek and preston have giving up talking about it.

You know the bit about how they direct air traffic away from the base after a certain time, can anyone confirm this is going on. Like is there planes flying over at some times, and not at others, anyone know if this is true today?

Also can anyone find out if senator goldwater, investigated the montauk project to see what really happened for congress. Can anyone find out if that was true, how would anyone be able to find this info out, would it be calssified if true?

[edit on 5/12/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Here is a link to a couple of Classic Art bell interviews that you won't find anywhere else.

One with Nichols and the other With Bialek.

coast.gmms.ca...

*Aren't I the greatest ever?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Wow - what an interesting story!! S and F - I have not read the whole thread yet, but I will.

Are there closer pictures of the tower? I read the article on it and saw the picture from a distance. I actually think it is cool that the police have taken the claim seriously.

What is causing the turns? I hope someone sets a camera up to watch it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join