It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of the Mystic Lamb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Mysteries of the Mystic Lamb

www.unexplained-mysteries.com

The Ghent Altarpiece, also known as the Mystic Lamb, was completed in 1432 by Flemish Primitive Jan Van Eyck. The painting is surrounded by mysteries concerning, possibly, the Holy Blood(line) of Christ... This also is the reason why the panel of the Just Judges got stolen, the thiefs got killed and the Nazi's were very interested in the mystic masterpiece...

The Ghent Altarpiece, also known as the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb, completed in 1432 by the Van Eyck Brothers (Hubert & Jan), is a large and complex polyptych, originally made for the Joost Vyd Chapel in Saint Bavo Cathedral, Ghent, Belgium. In the eighties, for security reasons, it was removed to another chapel in the cathedral. The Mystic Lamb is regarded as a true artistic highlight of Christianity and of Western civilisation. It is said - but it's not sure - that Hubert Van Eyck started the work and his brother Jan, the famous Flemish Primitive who was attached to the court of the Duke of Burgundy, finished it.

The Ghent Altarpiece consists of a complex series of 24 scenes, with two doors and a central piece which is showing some saints and apostles adoring the Mystic Lamb, or the symbol of Jesus Christ. From the panels to the left and to the right, pious hermits and pilgrims, Just Judges and Knights of Christ are approaching the ceremony in the middle. The upper register shows Christ as a King, between the Virgin Mary and John the Baptist, Adam and Eve. Inside, there are angels singing and making music.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.trabel.com
en.wikipedia.org
www.socyberty.com

[edit on 11-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Okay here is one for you mystery buffs.

Now I have studied art history both in college and on my own and I have never heard of this piece but then again my memory often resembles Swiss cheese.

Any rate after I read about this piece I looked it up in my Encylopedia of World Art and I must say its quite odd. In some ways it is very primitive in comparison to the later masterpieces of the renaissance but looks can be decieving.

It is well known that the NAZIS were fascinated by the occult so guys take a look at this and tell me what you think.

I have provided a few links besides the article to flesh the story out some.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Too bad this hasn't gone anywhere, its an interesting story.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This altarpiece is very interesting. Apparently it shows the lineage of Christ through European noblety and especially the Order of the Knights Templar.

new topics

top topics

join