It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did any one see - awesome meteorite/fireball 10 mins ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

i dont have pics or anything, im just wondering if anyone else seen this awesome spectacle.

i was standing looking east , in blackpool (uk)

approx 10 minutes ago, i seen a massive fireball in the sky, classic bright white / green glow, seen it for about 4-5 seconds and it only dulled very slightly, but did get a wee bit smaller (it vanished out of view behind trees and houses)

it deffinitelly did not look like it was going to burn out before it hut the ground.

a funny fact about it, about 200-300 yards down the street and i heard a load of kids react to it as well .. it was quite funny, loads of "ahhh what the hell" , so i know i an not the only person who seen it . (and im not going to go asking kids in a park to double check )

just wondering, did anyone else see this? .. it was pretty special!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

i dont have pics or anything, im just wondering if anyone else seen this awesome spectacle.

i was standing looking east , in blackpool (uk)

approx 10 minutes ago, i seen a massive fireball in the sky, classic bright white / green glow, seen it for about 4-5 seconds and it only dulled very slightly, but did get a wee bit smaller (it vanished out of view behind trees and houses)

it deffinitelly did not look like it was going to burn out before it hut the ground.

a funny fact about it, about 200-300 yards down the street and i heard a load of kids react to it as well .. it was quite funny, loads of "ahhh what the hell" , so i know i an not the only person who seen it . (and im not going to go asking kids in a park to double check )

just wondering, did anyone else see this? .. it was pretty special!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by boaby_phet]

Hey, I live in St Annes!! I've just got in now from being out, I didn't see anything in the sky but on my way in I noticed what an incredibly clear night it is so I think I may do a bit of star gazing in the hope of catching any more coming into the atmosphere!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Well guess what? it made it all the way over to the East coast

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glad it didn't hit

I must have broke up because there were two lights shooting past my place. AWESOME wasnit!!!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My guess....you all just saw the space shuttle launch.....
www.cnn.com...

just a thought....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Agent_T, I didn't realise you were in the UK...sounds like quite a show though! We have really clear skies here tonight in the Highlands, so maybe I should go and look. I wonder if anyone anywhere got a picture...I doubt it though.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I hope not,it was in at least two pieces..
But how cool would it be if I just saw it dumping it's main booster.

Which direction did it launch?
I wonder if it stopped off at the petrol station at the Holiday Inn..

Originally posted by caitlinfae

Agent_T, I didn't realise you were in the UK...

Wey Aye Man,Been back from the M.E a couple of years now.
Geordie Boy.
Och!.Habla Celtic?Gracias?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

But it was seen disappearing behind houses and trees...surely not? And would we have seen it 3000 miles away? I'm scratching my head here a bit.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

I hope not,it was in at least two pieces..
But how cool would it be if I just saw it dumping it's main booster.

Which direction did it launch?
I wonder if it stopped off at the petrol station at the Holiday Inn..

Not sure which direction it left, but it is not uncommon to see a shuttle appear in two pieces, as it drops its payload....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

That'll have just been the perspective as it was heading towards the horizon.. ie over here.
It didn't seem to continue very far out to sea after the second light disappeared.

So either it skimmed the atmos and bounced out or burnt up guesstimate 40 - 60 miles out to sea.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
as cool as it would be, i dont think this was the same one, could have been though, but we would have seen it first, it was in the east , going from south to north, but may have been edging east ... it would have had to be alot higher for us both to see it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Maybe we're in for a meteorite-laden night...i'm charging my camcorder just in case

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Quite worrying if it WASN'T the same one.
That would suggest we're heading into quite a congested area of space with BIG rocks floating around

(Had to add a scary 'conspiracy'doom gloom angle)

You should get a few more hits on the thread now

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I'm gonna go have a look...the dog needs out anyway, and if there are meteors floating about, we'll see them here for sure...back in a mo....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Could it have been the rocket booster engines from the shuttle falling back to earth?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Trying to track down the trajectory plans from the launch..

Can anyone with a little more techie knowledge help out?
Clever NASA followers?anyone?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser
Could it have been the rocket booster engines from the shuttle falling back to earth?

That was my contention....however, even though this is the occam's razor answer, it is being ignored.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
wouldnt the rockets normaly fall into one of the oceans, if they were aiming for the atlantic or pacific then its an epic fail of great magnitude, either way if that was the case they have over shot by whole continents!.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

No one is 'ignoring' the suggestion.

It's just that.. well.. the UK is quite a way away from America funnily enough..

From the launches,I believe the shuttle is still in TV camera range when they're dropped..That would have to be some zoom lens from 2-3,000 miles visibility wouldn't it?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
wouldnt the rockets normaly fall into one of the oceans, if they were aiming for the atlantic or pacific then its an epic fail of great magnitude, either way if that was the case they have over shot by whole continents!.

First off, considering that the earth is a sphere, the naked eye wont tell you exactly where it is falling, even if you are watching it in person.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The shuttle was launched 6pm GMT. I doubt it would take 6 hours for the boosters to fall do you?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join