It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Heavy shelling reported in Fallujah

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
And I find it necessary to defend those who aren't here to do it themselves. And your assertation that our boys are purposely killing Iraqi civilians as acts of revenge required a response.
The situation in Falluja reminds me of the seige in Waco, TX from 1993. Its only going to wind up with more and more civilian deaths unless the U.S. stops this assault. Its already on an order of magnitude larger than the Waco event and so far nothing has been solved other than yet more people killed on both sides. The longer the U.S. attacks the town and raises the body count, the more it seems to have taken on a revenge status to me, but I'm not an expert. Just giving out my opinion.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Seeing as how there is no/little support for Westerners in Fallujah... why don't they just napalm the whole damn city?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlatan
Seeing as how there is no/little support for Westerners in Fallujah... why don't they just napalm the whole damn city?

Because blowing up a city probably wouldn't endear them to the rest of the Iraqis.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The longer the U.S. attacks the town and raises the body count, the more it seems to have taken on a revenge status to me, but I'm not an expert. Just giving out my opinion.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by heelstone]
__
A bit of revenge toward these terrorists is understandable. They still have to answer for the murder and mutilation of the four contractors, and many other acts.

Pound them into submission, and then maybe diplomacy will work. First you have to get their attention. These are not reasonable men. They do not understand the velvet glove, only the iron fist.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Some of you people are frickin pigs.

www.nytimes.com...

"In Falluja, Finding a Place for the Dead
By CHRISTINE HAUSER

Published: April 27, 2004

ALLUJA, Iraq, April 27 � The paint on the gravestones is as red as blood. And on some of them, it has not yet dried.

"A young brother and sister are buried here," said one of the gravediggers, who gave only his first name, Hamza, as he pointed to two crudely cut blocks propped up on a dirt mound...

There are 250 people buried here from American strikes on houses," said Nasser, another gravedigger. "We have stacked up the bodies one on top of the other."

In a town where the streets were almost deserted on this afternoon, the makeshift cemetery was a place where the headstones were silent witnesses, yielding a small part of the Iraqi side of the battlefield story.

The gravediggers said that the cemetery was full of women and children. And there were headstones attesting to the graves beneath holding civilian victims, marked "child," for example. But there were also signs of fallen fighters � some of the headstones bore the Arabic word for "hero" painted alongside the names...

As in many conflicts, there were unanswered questions. One headstone read simply "unknown," but it named the place where the person had been killed, Hay Askari, a district in this town of about 300,000 where some of the fighting has taken place since the American siege started early this month.

And there were also the ongoing sounds of battle, belying the shaky truce.

"Hear that?" said a man as the rattle of machine-gun fire and thump of explosions echoed in the distance. He was milling around the cemetery with some other residents, as well as a few fighters, their faces shrouded with Arabic scarves and their hands clutching automatic weapons. They all came to an abrupt standstill to listen to the sudden sounds of renewed combat..

...The ministry said that 271 people had been killed since the start of the offensive on April 5. Local doctors quoted by news agencies have given figures more than double that.

Judging by the littered cemetery grounds, bodies had been brought here from hospitals or ambulance medics. Rubber surgical gloves and masks had been tossed amid the graves. Boxes of incense lay spent and discarded, and dried palm fronds were stuck into the dirt of the mounded plots."

This is the reason why you are hated, and will continue to be hated by people all over the world. For good reason, especially if you're here saying that they should all be killed.

jako

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
New explosions and gun fire has just erupted. Getting more info. Here is some new images during the day.
www.foxnews.com...
www.cnn.com...

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1083149852666&call_pageid=968332188492&col=96879397 2154
FALLUJA - Explosions and gunfire rocked Falluja again today in new fighting after a heavy battle the night before in which U.S. warplanes and artillery pounded Sunni insurgents holed up in a slum.

Gunfire and mortar blasts could be heard for more than an hour from southwestern Falluja in the afternoon, then three thunderous explosions shook the area as warplanes circled overhead. A black plume of smoke rose into the sky.

Plus, has anyone seen this, www.washingtonpost.com...

Police gunned down machete-wielding militants who stormed security outposts in Thailand's Muslim-dominated south Wednesday, killing at least 112 people in one of the bloodiest days in the Southeast Asian kingdom.

www.zwire.com...

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just in new attacks. Rageing fires can be seen in the night vision.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You know, I never get why ometimes people dont understand that there are Civilian casualties in a war. Its a war!! Theres always going to be accidents. Now if we were mowing them down without regard and we didnt give a chance for the insurgents to surrender then we could talk about us being pigs and being hated by others.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It's always fun to read Jakomo's posts. Let's see, some fine, upstanding 'Fallujans' killed, burned and desecrated 4 Americans. That's barbaric enough, yet they even had their children participating.

And our response? It wasn't to start dropping MOAB's or carpet-bomb them with B-1's, though we easily could. We surrounded them, and asked them to send out the responsible parties.

They shot at us instead, so we shot back. Then WE called a cease-fire. We asked for all women and children to leave Fallujah, and provided them safe passage. Some did, some chose to stay.

We've negotiated for several weeks, and that time is now over. The US could still easily raze the entire city, but we're not. We're going in carefully and precisely, and moving slowly. It's a bigger risk to our own people, but we're doing it. More Americans will come home in body bags because of that approach, rather than safe, high-altitude bombing campaigns.

And you call us pigs? I would probably take offense to that if you (and Canada) were not so irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It is really GREAT to see that someone gets the point! Theses things are out to destroy us! The only way to stop them is 100 times the force, and power, without the liberal media B.S!!!!

I lived with these people for 10 years! I know their lanuague, and their absolute determination to destroy our civilization!!! They despise the WEST!!!! Probably because of our civilized open culture to all races. BUT they have taken that as an advantage in their quest to destroy us , and put us back in the middle ages!

If any of you have even lived in europe for more than two years you will understand the meaning of cultural difference, and thought patterns!

The only thing these mentally ILL LUDITES understand is force!....they are sadistic to the point that your western mind can never comprehend!!! They dont think like us....get that into your head!

If you let them take over you will know a cruelty that makes Adolf Hitler look like a saint!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You MUSLIMS always try in every possible way to use our desire for the unification of all races and religions....As a military weapon!!!!

You dont fool the intelligent! You set up your plan to destroy us under a WEAK CLINTON Politically correct B.S philosophy and the government riding HI on the end of the cold war .....Dont underestimate the westerners you are trained, like a dog to hate, we have read your philosophy...or should I say Hypocracy!!!

Your greatest weakness is your obvious mental illness!!! Oh yeah I am going to walk into STARBUCKS coffe shop and blow up as many AMERICANS as possible.....Let me tell you Panchoves....you have underestimated your oppenent!!!

The western world has now become aware of your insanity....AND many of us would DIE to stop you ANIMALS!!!! Many of us have read the history of the Islamic Empire....And many of us know your lanuage, and your ways of perverted thoght!!!

YOU!!! In your Islamic insanity have set youself up for total decimation!!!! AND believe me you will see the day when the liberal media are silenced and you will be destroyed....BEFORE YOU DESTROY US....................YOU ARE SUCH A PACK OF UNCIVILIZED ASSHOLES......AND dont forget the silent majority would LOVE to blow you to little peices that could not even be recognised as a body!!!!

By the way ....my brother is in the MARINE CORE in IRAQ...and he has already killed 60 of you tyrants!!!!! And saved 300 innocent civilians.....YOUR minds are a disgrace to the human race

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join