It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in So Cal see this object last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I didn't have time to grab my camera (batts were dead anyway)

Hey if anyone is in southern Ca, NE of N. Hollywood...
I just had (last night 8:20pm PST) a very quiet pass by our complex! It was headed NE from here looked like it was going at a smooth clip but didn't seem too fast because it just glided through the air (my opinion)
What I mean to say is it must have been going fast because it was going about as fast as one of these LAPD choppers when they are cruising by but it was silent and I guess due to the lack of noise, it just seemed to glide by effortlessly..

Bright white light... no blinking just solid
Didn't have time to grab a camera but I did have binoculars nearby, through them, god help me i'm gonna say it... it looked triangular.
It did occur to me that may be only seeing a small section of it that was being exposed by the light. From what I could tell, it appeared to be around the same size as a helicopter , it just didn't sound like one...
The light on it was bigger about (3x) than an LAPD chopper spotlight and it wasn't emitting a beam or anything.
I see enough LAPD choppers at night to notice the difference.
Unless it was some stealth helicopter heading to 29 Palms and running with no lights but the one... I don't know what it was.
It made no noise whatsoever...
I even started talking to it, saying "hold on", "come closer", sounds corny... but I really wanted to communicate.
If anyone else seen this please let me U2U me!!!
God, I'm shaking I'm so excited... this was about 20 minutes ago 8:20 pm PST

Edited for typos and now that I'm calmer can recall the finer details

UPDATE:
Ok so right after I typed this I heard some LAPD choppers over in the NE direction for awhile and then I heard them pass by my complex heading to what sounded to be in the SE direction.
I also noted that the whole time this was going on, including while i was typing this post my cell phone kept turning off and rebooting itself over and over again and stopped after i heard the LAPD go by. Could be the phone though... I hate my blackberry.
It couldn't have been LAPD or any other helicopter only due to the fact it seemed to be very close and made no noise at all. I'm going to post it on the National UFO Database for what it's worth.
Damn... I wish it had stopped for awhile

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The ISS made a pass over Los Angeles last night. It was quite bright, magnitude -1.9. The pass began at 8:24PM in the SSW. At its highest point in the sky it was 38º above the horizon in the SE at 8:26PM. It followed a track to the ENE were it disappeared at 8:29. Does any of this ring a bell?

Depending on the strength of your binoculars, you may have been able to make out some of the shape of the spacecraft.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You know what a few months back-I want to say around winter I was driving south on the 170/5 interchange. I was stuck in that heavy, heavy rush hour traffic right around the Osborn off ramp. It was dark out I'd say almost 8PM maybe 6:45 at the earliest. And flying real low, about 200 feet, and I'd say about the same speed as a police ghetto bird, gently cruising over the freeway I saw a large dark black triangle.

The triangle had no lights on it at all and it was heading north/west towards the direction of granada hills or canyon country.

it was dead quite although I did have the windows rolled up and I was in heavy traffic.

Nobody else seem to be reacting to it and I was wondering if I was really seeing it due to the fact that nobody was reacting to it or noticing it. It was flat black and hard to see. It looked like a black shadow in the night sky, which is how I noticed it first.

I want to say it looked to be about 60 feet in length and was a equalateral triangle all the sides being the same length. It looked sorta thick too. but it was blotting out the stars behind it and it was going about 80MPH.

Why it was in such a heavily populated area I don't know. How nobody else noticed it I don't know. but it was there. Weird.

Watched it through my front windshield until it disappeared over my car and out of sight.

Wasn't going to say anything, but now that you too have noticed something very similar I got to wonder.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'd have to say the directions match but this thing was low... too low to be ISS...
But yes the time and direction definitely match. Weird
It was something to see alright! My binoculars are 12x60x60
just got em and I love em!
Based on the directions, when I noticed it it was approaching from the SW, heading in an E to eventually a NE direction.
The elevation seemed pretty low for it to be the ISS, like I said at first I thought it was a star then as it decended and got closer, I thought it was probably a plane or a helicopter as it passed by... It was how quiet it was, was what made me think it was something else
For the most part it looked like just one huge light traveling across the sky. It wasn't till I look through the binoculars that I could make out some shape above the light.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Weird indeed.
Just lately I've been noticing things here in Cali but everywhere I've lived I've seen stuff I still can't explain.
The only thing they all have in common is they have always been lights... this was the first shape and by far the closest to date for me.
I'm excited.
I don't trust myself enough to be able to ballpark a speed that this may have been going
I can only compare it to a police ghetto bird as you call it (ha ha) when they are cruising like they have a purpose. I've been skydiving twice in my life and I'm no expert at elevation, but if I was to guess how low it was as it passed by my building I would say up to 10000 ft. Which is pretty low to me... like I said though I'm no expert. I'm not sure if that would work out to be 38 degrees or not like Phage above suggested but it all sounds so close...
I've been rolling it over and over since last night...

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Numb2itall]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I saw something around 8ish in central cal

www.abovetopsecret.com...

im pretty certain of the time, a tv show had just changed.

But what i saw was on a different track moving in a curve from wsw to e

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a person in miami has been getting alot of footage of these lights.

www.youtube.com...

is this similar to what you saw?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

The videos are similar to what I had seen but the light was definitely attached to something, which either was triangular in shape or I was only seeing a triangular portion of it from light falling on those spots.
The light was as bright as the videos, that a definite. Odd though that it was during the same time as everything else going on.
I hope I get to see more now... it serves to remind me of what is truly important in this life.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Holy Crap!!!
Yup that's pretty damn close to it (Miami Footage) it's a nice daytime one too.
The one I seen didn't blink or strobe though and only dimmed a bit when it was turning or as I assumed it was turning.
The light is about as big in relation to the craft above it!!!
Wow nice find!!
I'm glad that there is some videos out there that are a pretty good match
At least then I have something to compare it to, to at least make it easier to explain
Thank you so much!

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Numb2itall]

join