It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who said rants have to be angry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Who said rants have to be angry? Have you ever been so happy or so excited that you just want to tell the reason you are happy to everyone? I have!

In fact sometimes when I get extra happy I do rant about it, to friends and family!

Did you get a promotion at work? Rant about it! Is there a new addition to your family? rant about! Got any good news at all? rant about it!

I don't think rants have to be angry or frustrating, I think rants can be happy too!

I would LOVE to see more happy rants in this forum, instead of just the angry rants of people who had a bad day, although I do enjoy reading those too as sometimes they allow me to rant and vent as well.

I don't mean to say that angry rants are bad or anything because they are not. I just want to see more happy rants!

What about you?

[edit on 11-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Who said rants have to be angry?

From the RANT Forum initial thread:

This forum is for members to engage in heated tirades about topics that really infuriate them.

From Dictionary.com - RANT

–verb (used without object) 1. to speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way; rave: The demagogue ranted for hours.
–verb (used with object) 2. to utter or declaim in a ranting manner.
–noun 3. ranting, extravagant, or violent declamation. 4. a ranting utterance.

Origin: 1590–1600; < D ranten (obs.) to talk foolishly

If you want to "Sing" about positive stuff...maybe the "chit-chat" forum is the place to do it. I often read about all the "good" things there.

When I visit here I want to read stinking mad ravings from nutters who are ready to take on the world..rrrrrRRRRRRAAANNNNTTTTing!

:bnghd::bash:

I'd say this forum is for the negative stuff. If you think I'm wrong, feel free to Rant, you're in the right place.

Sorry friend.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
With all due respect I think you missed the point of the thread. I know what it says in that thread.

This thread of mine is in fact an angry rant because I wish there were happy rants in here but there arent.

As you pointed out, this forum is for angry rants and such, which is why I ranted saying I want happy rants.

For the record, I was applauded for my OP, so I would venture to bet that the mods are not against a happy rant. last I checked there is no rule in the TAC that says no happy rants. So in a sense we are both correct.

This forum is for angry rants and it is not. A rant anywhere else does not have to be an angry one, I have ranted on before when good things have happened, not just when bad things have happened.

To make a long post semi short, what I am saying is that I wish it were more socially acceptable in this forum to post happy rants! So You know what I did? I ranted about it!

Also,as I said in the OP, I do agree that it is nice to read about other peoples bad experiences, as it offers up a chance for you and I to vent as well. I want the negative along with some positive.

Anyway, there is no need to apologize, you have every right to post your opinion on any matter in any thread on this webstie, so do not apologize for speaking your mind. You have not hurt my feelings at all, If I was that sensitive I probably have no business being on the internet huh?

In fact I thank you for your opinion. I really do, with out differing opinions this website would be rather boring don't you agree?

Peace and love.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more. No offense nerbot but I could care less what some dictionary says. The T/C I understand and OP was posting a rant here.

OP...I am with ya. I imagine however moderation is key lest you sound like a braggart. Whoooo...I know I've done that sometimes.

Well said

-Kyo

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I just read your post so I took your advice and made a positive style rant.
Rants don't always have to be a negative thing.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Couldn't agree more. No offense nerbot but I could care less what some dictionary says. The T/C I understand and OP was posting a rant here.

OP...I am with ya. I imagine however moderation is key lest you sound like a braggart. Whoooo...I know I've done that sometimes.

Well said

-Kyo

Ha, Yes, I suppose that is true. I don't want any of us to seem lik a braggart.

Thank you for your support. I appreciate it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I just read your post so I took your advice and made a positive style rant.
Rants don't always have to be a negative thing.

Oh very good!

I will have to check it out!

It will be nice to see a few happy rants around here!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You started something big here OP...nice job

This gives me an idea for a new thread actually...

-Kyo

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No worries...have fun.....

We Accept You, One Of Us,
Happy Ranting Not A Fuss,
Make It Fun And Make It Loud,
Let It Flow 'cos We're Not Proud,
Don't Mind Me I'm Really Mad,
What You Rant Here Can't Be Bad,
Say It, Shout It, Even Sing It,
Get It Out There, Let Us Hear It,