It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one liking/watch Ashes to Ashes TV series (BBC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I came across the BBC T.V. series 'Ashes to Ashes' whilst watching t.v. at a friends house a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a big T.V. fan but i got to say this series really appealed to me and now i'm in danger of becoming an addict of the show. I've been told it's a spin off from 'Life on Mars' which i didn't watch so know little about anyway. This series from what i can gather is about a woman who is shot and then is transported back to the 1980's somehow. I like it, It's gritty, wreaks of 80's nostalgia and has a really mint Audi Quattro in it too. So far, from what i've seen,the 80's police the woman works for is corrupt and is linked with the freemasons, who are pulling the strings. Anyone else watching this and loving it?

link to homepage and I-player:

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 11-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think it actually came before Life on Mars... (personally, as a child of the 80's, would be more fun for me to watch Ashes to Ashes, but so far, no room in my tv sched to do so, alas...).. Don't get the time to watch too much, and even then, it's usually whatever I've had room to DVR....

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Was that the american one? The one i'm on about is quite new...and british.....very british....the nostalgia in it is ace, right down too the smoke filled offices and dodgy shoulder pads/hair do's (cool make-up though)
- this is the second series though which only started 4 weeks ago, you can watch this weeks episide in my link - not entirely sure the i-player it will work outside the UK tho gaz, but you can see the episode guides, charchters and stuff - I think its awesome - and i soooo want that audi quattro

the quattro (drools): www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 15-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It's on BBC America. I think the American show actually copied off the British show, but set it in the 70's....

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Yep I'm an addict watched it since it started,like the characters,like the plot ,like the Ara.Great program

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ashes to Ashes is the sequel to Life On Mars which was sold to the USA who made their first pilot version and set it in 1972 if I recall correctly and used Colm Meaney aka Chief O Brian from ST TNG and DS9 for Gene Hunt.

www.youtube.com...

I think theres too much CGI following the awakening moments of Sam in 1972 especially when the bird flies by by the bus and vehicles drive by and the two people stood on the pavement as Sam runs towards them prior to the intro credits.

However, that version was poorly received and another new pilot was reshot with Sam Tyler being run down in New York and waking up their in 1973 to discover the twin towers still standing with the part of Gene Hunt played by Harvey Keitel.

www.youtube.com...

The second pilot reshoot in my opinion is much better and grittier and more in relation to the UK version.

Both of these appear to have never been aired.

Note that the character of Sam Tyler is played by the same actor in both pilots.

Hope that helps !

[edit on 21-5-2009 by excelents]

[edit on 21-5-2009 by excelents]

top topics

join