It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pueblo Students Assigned Terorist Plot? What were they thinking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Pueblo Students Assigned Terorist Plot? What were they thinking?

In what has to be the most inane school assignment of the year, a Pueblo ninth-grade teacher assigned 110 students to come up with an idea for a terrorist attack.
School Superintendent Dan Lere stated that students "may have misinterpreted the assignment," but did not clarify what the assignment was or how it could have been misinterpreted.
The unidentified teacher who gave out the assignment explained themselves by stating that the purpose of the assignment was to "illustrate an act of....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
What has the U.S. education system turned into, a breeding ground for domestic terrorists? It certainly seems so, at least from the article in the Denver City Buzz Examiner. I am not quite so surprised about this stuff as I used to be. It's a surprise, though, that the paper who printed the article was allowed to do so, for it gives away a piece of the puzzle that we here at ATS has always said was there to begin with. And it's to Richard Blake's credit, I think, that he authored the article. It gives credence to the proposition that the Educational system is now a place to "dumb down" our young citizen's and turn them into mindless terrorists.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh great-- I live about 30 minutes away from Pueblo, where apparently the students are being asked to make terrorist attacks more creative.

I have no idea how the assignment could have been misinterpreted. Perhaps, if he were telling the truth, the teacher should have clarified what the "correct" assignment was. Jerk.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sounds interesting but I do not want to give my full opinion untill the link to the article is up. Could we please see it?

Thanks.

EDIT: As a matter of fact. I googled it. Is this the link?

www.examiner.com...

[edit on 11-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Here is a link.

[url]http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1863-Denver-City-Buzz-Examiner~y2009m5d9-Pueblo-students-assigned-terrorist-plot--What-were-they-thinking[/url ]

Still too many unknowns in this story. Wish they would have gave more details. Based on how secretive they are acting, I would have to say the assignment was unwise.

top topics

join