It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honda's F-uzo flying car concept

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Honda's F-uzo flying car concept

The Honda 2068 F-uzo flying car concept - courtesy of designer John Mahieddine - is pretty much in line with the dream sci-fi inspired vertical-take-off-and-landing (VTOL) flying cars of our childhood dreams. And yes – the key word here is 'concept' – because the Honda F-uzo is very much at the 'in the mind of a dreamer' stage in the design process! Still, putting aside for one second that we might only ever see anything closely resembling this latest flying car concept in virtual 3D via our PlayStation 3s for the foreseeable, let's have a look at the 'spec'.

Source

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thats Freakin Sweet. Too bad there is no date as to when its coming out. O.O thats soo awesome. Thank you OP. S&F for you

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't think they even know how they would make it as of yet.

*Disappointed*

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
Thats Freakin Sweet. Too bad there is no date as to when its coming out. O.O thats soo awesome. Thank you OP. S&F for you

Thanks.

Wasn't this supposed to happen like 20 years ago lol, I cant wait. I bet when it does happen the FAA will restrict flight.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That looks sweet. resembles a speedboat abit. Any turbochargers? superchargers?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This vehicle will not become a reality until we progress past engines that require fuel to run.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Wasn't this supposed to happen like 20 years ago lol, I cant wait. I bet when it does happen the FAA will restrict flight.

You are speaking like if this was a bad thing. I HOPE the FAA will restrict this thing if ever this come out (wich it will not).

Think about it, how many time have you ever told to yourself:
'' Man, where did he find his damn license''
Now, what if this guy was flying instead of driving.
That's only the human side. Now imagine if you run out of gas in midair, or if a bunch of geese are flying into your windshield.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Do they make a Type-R version. Because seriously I am not selling my Integra R unless its something that cool.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djzombie
This vehicle will not become a reality until we progress past engines that require fuel to run.

Hate to break it to you, but all engines require fuel to run - its in the laws of physics, something about conservation of energy...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Nothing like stealing some one else's idea and design!! Moller cars had this idea and has been working on it for nearly 20years!!

Moller Air Cars

Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Totally right! I remember when i found out about the aircars, i have wanted one ever since!!! how practical would something like that really be though? how would they be regulated, and would we have air-cops?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am SO ready for the flying car! This looks fab.

Working in car insurance claims as I do, I can imaging the claims we'll get from flying car accidents!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

Dr. Moller has changed his concept and is now saying that he wants the user to have no control of the aircar. He wants routes layed out with computer control of the ship, I think he just shot himself in the foot with that one.. That is of course unless the NWO takes over!!

Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

haha, wow i didnt know that. i think i would feel tons more comfortable if i were in control of the vehicle. maybe just weitch over to autopilot for a little nap. ur right though, they might just put onstar in there and call it done!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If the way most people drive is anything to go by, then flying cars is a seriously bad idea.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

haha people would be getting air rage!

imagine if everyone had one of these things what fush hour would be like!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Oi... considering how someone managed to trash the second story of a house near by without being in a fling vehicle, personally the idea of Florida drivers flying kind of scares me.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Nothing like stealing some one else's idea and design!! Moller cars had this idea and has been working on it for nearly 20years!!

Actually it's more like 40 years, and moller was also inspired to go from flying saucer to four poster VTOL, atleast that's what was said 20 years ago.

As for the moller skycar itself, it doesn't exist. There's a static mock up and a vertical demonstrator that was demonstrated almost a decade ago. The demonstrator used engines from the 70s and in order to lift off it was built to be light weight rather than structurally sound.

top topics

join