It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If dragons or T-rex existed today, would humans have to kill them all to survive?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkey76
If dragons and dinosours was still here, then we would not be here now in the first place,
as the events that killed of the dinosours also shaped our evolution to become what we are today!

Also take a look at this link, its an mammal like reptile which the theory goes, we was around before and during the dino's, it was just a different form.

In life we have winners and losers, and this mammal like reptile is a survivor of plenty of catastrophic events that gave us life as we know it today.

hope this answers it for you.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Sparkey76]

Well, the dragons are ETs, so what happened here has little bearing on dragon kind other than if an individual happened to be here. Since they travel by folding space, any one that was here back then woulda just hopped off world and flew away, short of a direct meteor strike.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What would happen if humans coexisted with dinosaurs/dragons?

Obviously this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a459fc47fbe.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Dinosaurs would not stand a chance against us any more than any other animal.

Seriously, even unarmed if thrown into a situation where it was a T-Rex and myself

50/50 odds and that's only if it was one of those terrible movie scenes where somehow a T-Rex gets within 50 ft of me and somehow... I failed to notice the gigantic thing with the big head full of teeth from further away than that.

If as I would assume...

I saw the big hulking mass from a football field or more away and could actually prepare for the fight in even a simple way, the odds go 90% in my favor and 90% only because of human error... i.e. the giant spike I put in the ground and make him run at splinters and a piece catches me in the eye

Seriously,

Transported back in time to a valley that had the T-rex as a common worry

If I so much as made it to a decent cave...

In the following 6 months i'd wipe the creature from the region starting from scratch with no modern tools...

I'd be more concerned about things like...

1.5 Ft Mosquitoes and Viruses that no longer exist and stuff like that

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Dinos got that big because of different environmental factors that existed in prehistoric times. If we as humans traveled to their era, we might end up being giants ourselves.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

50/50?
I'm not so sure... those things are big and ferocious, and fast. Unless you can climb a tree very quickly, I don't see how a human would stand a chance on land. You would need a sharp stick and very meticulously dodge its strikes and quickly poke its eyes or something, no margin for error, and if the environment doesn't provide obstacles to maneuver and hide around you're gone.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If they still existed, I think we would've domesticated them by now and they would be just as any other household pet.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
it will be like they do with polar bears in populated areas, taze them or drug them and drop them off in an unpopulated area, either that or make some fancy shoes, imagine the leather on that.lol

fences and gates would keep them out, they would be self aware like dogs but there are very few dogs that can open doors so the human race would be okay, or we could live in high rises with small doors

wee mad mental

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'd say a few of them would be good eating so we'd farm some for the meat but if we couldn't eat them we'd kill them all because that's what we do - not me personaly, but man in general.

Star and flag because this was interesting, and because I'm not selfish with the free stuff

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

True, from a close encounter... environment depends...

But, how would a T Rex sneak up on me in the desert? I don't think grass and flowering plants even existed at the time, so i'd see it for miles on the plains too...

So still 50/50

In the end, it's widely believed the T rex was not the killing machine that it's reputation calls for, but more of a scavenger anyway...

Jurassic park had it right, the most dangerous ones would be... the Raptors

and even then in the end...

If I remembered my Zippo lighter that day I go through the time warp...

I'd still school them... first 12 hrs would be the whole battle, once I had adequate shelter and basic defense there would be no contest aside from human error

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Humans would breed them smaller and smaller like they do other pets..i.e. toy poodles..soooo...they would end up being in aquariums or running around in peoples apartments...teeny lil t-rexs...so cute...

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
But...

I half expect if I went through that time warp...

I'd find myself in some civilization of highly dexterous Raptors... that had just invented the A-bomb a few decades earlier

Only having been around a few millennium, they burn their dead leaving no record use mostly artificial stuff that won't last beyond 10,000 years and one day a million years or so later an asteroid would wipe any record they had ever evolved intelligence beyond a few unexplainable bottomless holes where their reactors melted down at the end...

I'd find myself sitting in a zoo, watching a screen while raptor like beings prodded me for blood tests

and on that screen on RNN I'd see a map of what is today the middle East

and some Raptor with a turban would be talking about acquiring WMDs and another Raptor with a skull cap would be hisssing threats too

shortly thereafter... I perish alongside them

siiiigh

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
like i aid b4, we wouldv got extinct anyway because we would have used them for
1.food
2.medicine perposes
3. theyr skins and teeth
4. we would probly have made a sport of making them fight each other
. they probaly wpuld have been used for wars and also if the dinosaurs never died out.... u my little friends would still be little rats running around the place lol.... man that would have been fun!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I think we would all die before we got so developed as to move them to islands or build huge fences for them to be contained inside... but apparently dinos had a very old sexual maturity age so when they started to die out younger... they couldn't reproduce, so they were doomed. I believe that there was a flood etc. and man lived with dinos but you cant force someone to believe your own believes so... every man to his own

Edit: typos

[edit on 20-6-2009 by ParaZep]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I don't think that anything like that would hunt specifically humans, I think it'd hunt animals first. There's no real reason for them to hunt us specifically, however there is no reason why they wouldn't hunt us.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
.....would humans have to kill them all to survive? No, not kill them but breed more and sell them to the pet shops...........

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
On a side-note, most stuff you "know" about dinosaurs is probably wrong.. Look at this:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
If they still existed, they would be hunted by elite hunters. As far as survival, I'm certain that one could avoid them if you had a sturdy cave and stayed alert.

As we see today with the few big predators left on earth, people pay 50K or so to hunt a lion in Africa. Of course many big game are poached by poor locals for pelts & ivory.

Perhaps their existence would be kept secret in order to continue the practice to a few.

I think that dinosaurs probably very similar to earths do exist on other planets and once they are discovered there will no doubt be expeditions that involve hunting and killing them & perhaps if we decide to colonize there we might even have to kill the read baddies.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Hahahaha! I drove my mother crazy demanding those toys!

Seriously, if Tyrannosaurs were still around, it would stand to reason that whatever they ate would still be around - I.E., other very large dinosaurs. In essence we would have an ecosystem based on a whole bunch of Cretaceous survivors. Mammals would likely not have been able to evolve competitively, except perhaps in isolated areas - much as marsupials managed in Australia and South America, or as giant birds did in South America.

So the question is, would humans exist in this world?

I'd say it's unlikely. I doubt any primates would exist, their niche filled by some variety on the dromeosaur or Hypsilophodont model. Would either of these critters evolved into our modern human role? Again, probably not. Sentience is not an inevitable product of evolution, and bird / dinosaur brains are simply structured quite a bit differently from our own, and would likely not develop along the same routes.

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, the answer is yes, you dont see any wild animals in downtown jo,burg because they would be captured, or shot, its not a coincidence, that modern cities have no predators, they did, many years ago, but you would not let your average joe walk down the street, if he/she was at risk of being mutilated, so as an area of land was colonized, the poor old animals were taken out of the equation.

In locations in the third world where water is more of a priority in surviving than being attacked, this danger still exits, hippos are the biggest killer in Africa, if you had a group of hippos in your local lake, lunching on the world and his wife, how long do you think they would last?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join