It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If dragons or T-rex existed today, would humans have to kill them all to survive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A predatory carnivore that is that aggresive all the time, and due to the size of them being able to easily hunt human beings, would we need to kill their whole species effectively rendering them extinct for our civilization to even have a chance to survive? Or could we contain them on isolated islands or large areas of land with huge fences and so on?

Better yet, would they or could they have evolved to become self-aware?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We'd go extinct.

PETA would be appauled, they'd say that we're making them extinct, and that we should die so a peanut brain animal could live.

We'd go extinct.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Give them a muzzle and ride them. That would be cool, but all jokes aside, not really we wouldn't have to kill them. We would just call the police to taze them before they could eat anybody. =3

No if there were flying dragons then we would have to kill them off. Though T-rex's we could put them on an island out at sea.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
In my opinion, if T-rex's existed today the world would have gone two different ways:

1) We would have learned to adapt to living with them, just like people have adapted to living around bears, tigers, hell... hurricans and tornados too. I think we as humans would adapt our lives with the knowledge that these dangerous dinosaurs existed.

2) We'd kill them off. Just like every other creature we're living with now.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ha! A subject near and dear.
As you can see by my nickname, I have a strong past life connection to the dragons.
In fact, I have remembered that I came here to earth as a 7+ foot velociraptor type being riding a big blue/green dragon, along with 3 other dragons and their riders.
So, yes, keeping a dragon fed is kinda tricky, especially if it has to feed it's rider as well. The dragons are the oldest sentient beings in this area of the universe; possibly the oldest sentient beings, period. Not too unbelievable if you understand that reptile life forms are pre-mammal, and some worlds never make it to the mammal stage. (This planet had some help via the asteroid that smashed into it which killed all the bigger reptiles--as planned).
But since the dragons are sentient, they won't eat other sentient being--they will kill them but not eat them.

The T-rex weren't sentient yet, I don't think, though. So yah, might have to put them some place away from things you don't want eaten, including yiourself.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'd let them have San Diego. They'd make amazing border guards.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
whats our population numbers looking like.

we got 25 people in a hut and 15 t-rex outside? that would be war to the end all wars FOREVER.

we got a couple billion people scattered everywhere, and 3 t-rex? toss em in the zoo.

dragons are different though..... (i feel like such a nerd) Dragons are super powerful smart and majestic. if it was a real nasty dragon then we might need the airforce to keep it off the flocks.....

i think we could have killed off anything that threatened us back then, and we did. not saying dragons, pretty sure not t-rex, but other, pretty terrible reptiles and large mammals was possible.

giant slots, mammoths that kind of thing. i want proof of dragons before ill say we killed them off or would have to.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
they are meat eaters arnt they, and they are big ol bastards. be lucky to live long enough to to heard them up. and as far as self aware, they say that raptors were smart and could think problems out.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal
As you can see by my nickname, I have a strong past life connection to the dragons.
In fact, I have remembered that I came here to earth as a 7+ foot velociraptor type being riding a big blue/green dragon, along with 3 other dragons and their riders.
So, yes, keeping a dragon fed is kinda tricky, especially if it has to feed it's rider as well. The dragons are the oldest sentient beings in this area of the universe; possibly the oldest sentient beings, period. Not too unbelievable if you understand that reptile life forms are pre-mammal, and some worlds never make it to the mammal stage. (This planet had some help via the asteroid that smashed into it which killed all the bigger reptiles--as planned).
But since the dragons are sentient, they won't eat other sentient being--they will kill them but not eat them.

The T-rex weren't sentient yet, I don't think, though. So yah, might have to put them some place away from things you don't want eaten, including yiourself.

wow.... wanna get some drinks some time???

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If theyre still roaming around somewhere, I say we build a jurassic park, make it an attraction. I'm hoping someday we GM a dino.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by DEM0N]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonriderGal

Umm.....where do you get your weed?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Well, if you are nearby, sure! I love to discuss this stuff.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

Even better than weed, I did a shaman journey and made it to the higher plane about 8 years ago. The old indian fellow there set me up with something like DSL to the spirit realm (after I asked if I could come back when I thought of a sufficentlly significant question since I so wasn't expecting to reach the higher plane). He said, just ask, we'll answer and sure enough, ever since then I have been getting all kinds of information about the history of the world which has been kept hidden from us by the NWO bunch.
Yah, the NWO bunch have been here since nearly the beginning, and no, they weren't humans to begin with, and they have run under many names and started many controlling type organizations, like most of the western religions, the masons, the illuminati, etc.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A T-REX cavalry would be the ultimate weapon. Who need a punny little F-22 when you can ride dinosaurs into battle.
Also instead of cow, we would eat Brontosaurus steak.
We would have little raptor as pet...much better than chihuahua!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
on a side note,

Can't wait to see this. One of my buddies worked on special fx

i think its funny cus of the "brain the size of a walnut" reference, and he tells Matt Lauer to suck it !!

[edit on 5/11/2009 by mahtoosacks]

[edit on 5/11/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
T.Rex of The Ocean

"The 150-million-year-old creature was first discovered in 2006 on Spitsbergen, part of Norway's Svalbard archipelago, in a polar wasteland littered with fossilized sea reptiles" - National Geographic

50-75ft long monsters. Now that's just awesome.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by DEM0N]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The way I see it, if dinosaurs were still around, and we had somehow still evolved, they'd probably have been relegated to a small relic population somewhere.

And T-rexs may not have been active hunters, personally, I'd be more worried about raptors.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
No I do not think we would need to kill them all. That is if they have survived till now. We have more than enough technologies to keep them alive without them hurting us. But that said I don't think we would have been able to evolve so far if they were still alive.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshwar

Turn Australia over to the dinos. They'd have lots of room and there's nothing there of note anyway.
Lots of tasty 'roos and rabbits to snack on.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

actually theres no more roos since they killed them all...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

sorry for the bummer...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join