It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demjanjuk's deportation to Germany expected today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Demjanjuk's deportation to Germany expected today

www.clevelandjewishnews.com

John Demjanjuk’s life in America is about to end.

German authorities have said Demjanjuk should arrive in Munich on Tuesday. Sometime today, immigration agents are expected to put him on a plane, equipped like an ambulance, departing out of Burke Lakefront Airport.

While no flight plan has been filed yet at the small airport, a plane was due to depart there around 7:30 p.m., according to Burke flight operations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm watching this live on CNN right now. They are driving him to the airport right now.

"Ivan The Terrible."

_ 1920: Born in Ukraine.

_ 1942: Captured by German forces while serving in the Soviet Red Army.

_ 1942-1945: Demjanjuk claims he was a POW held by German forces.

_ 1948: Registers as a displaced person while still in Europe.

_ 1952: Enters United States and claims to have spent much of World War II in a German prisoner of war camp.

_ 1977: Identified by some survivors of Treblinka concentration camp as guard "Ivan The Terrible."

_ 1981: loses U.S. Citizenship after federal court claims he lied about his World War II past.

_ 1986: Extradited to Israel for trial over his alleged role at Treblinka.

_ 1988: Convicted of being "Ivan the Terrible" and sentenced to death.

_ 1993: Israeli Supreme Court overturns conviction after evidence from KGB files identifies another man as "Ivan the Terrible."

_ 1998: Regains U.S. citizenship.

_ 1999: U.S. Justice Dept. files civil complaint against Demjanjuk claiming he served as a guard at the Sobibor and Majdanek camps in occupied Poland and of being a member of an SS unit.

_ 2002: Demjanjuk's U.S. citizenship stripped for second time.

_ 2005: U.S. immigration judge says Demjanjuk can be deported to Germany, Poland or Ukraine.

_ March 2009: German court in Munich issues arrest warrant for Demjanjuk.

_ April 2009: Demjanjuk loses bid to have deportation halted, but appeals all the way to U.S. Supreme Court.

_ May 2009: Supreme Court judge decides not to hear appeal, clearing way for deportation to Germany.

www.clevelandjewishnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Ukrainian-born Demjanjuk (pronounced dem-YAHN'-yuk) is wanted on a Munich arrest warrant that accuses him of 29,000 counts of accessory to murder as a guard at the Sobibor death camp in Nazi-occupied Poland. The legal case spans three decades.

That's going to be a very long trial. If the defense disputes each and every count out of those 29,000 then the trial may last some 4.000 years, perhaps outlasting mankind.

I have a feeling that Demjanjuk was really the alleged "Ivan The Terrible." But feelings don't lasso your neck, as the Israeli judges overuled the death sentence for Demjanjuk.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
This smells more of the Israelis wanting blood, and not wanting to be proved wrong. They already said he was someone else, which turned out to be incorrect, now they say he is an entirely different person to try and get their conviction. Sounds like desperation and trying to cover butts for their previous mistakes.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
How could they be so sure he was first one person in one location, and then be so sure that he was someone entirely different in a totally different location? Is this guy some sort of generic human that fits the description of the "bad guy" to suit just about any circumstance?
I don't know the details of his life, but this does seem strange on the surface.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
America has the technology to back through anyones life, and they can see if he is guilty or not. They can just take every memory you have. So why not use it in this case, and tell the public they have this technology, oh i forgot they hide it and use it for use on normal people who do nothing, planks.

Interesting that they are still doing this. When you think tony blair and bush must be responsible for millions of deaths, what about justice for them?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Ukrainian-born Demjanjuk (pronounced dem-YAHN'-yuk) is wanted on a Munich arrest warrant that accuses him of 29,000 counts of accessory to murder as a guard at the Sobibor death camp in Nazi-occupied Poland. The legal case spans three decades.

That's going to be a very long trial. If the defense disputes each and every count out of those 29,000 then the trial may last some 4.000 years, perhaps outlasting mankind.

I have a feeling that Demjanjuk was really the alleged "Ivan The Terrible." But feelings don't lasso your neck, as the Israeli judges overuled the death sentence for Demjanjuk.

I think Jews are generally against the death penalty, which is why this was overturned.

Anyway, I think he will serve the rest of his life in prison. He doesn't have much life left to live anyway.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Accused Nazi Arrives in Munich

BERLIN — John Demjanjuk of Seven Hills, Ohio, born Ivan Demjanjuk in Ukraine in 1920, arrived in Munich Tuesday morning to face accusations of crimes committed as a Nazi death-camp guard.

Mr. Demjanjuk was deported for the second time by the United States on Monday. The first time was 23 years ago, and he was bound for worldwide notoriety, accused of being the unfathomably cruel “Ivan the Terrible of Treblinka,” one of the Holocaust’s most infamous sadists. He was convicted and sentenced to death in Israel, before new evidence won him a reprieve and eventually a trip back to the United States and the return of his stripped citizenship.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I live in NE Ohio and I grew up watching this case develop over the many years. His accusers will never rest until he is dead.

If in fact he is Ivan the terrible, he was probably forced into serving a military that he had no allegiance to. He and his family were most likely threatened in order to get him to serve.

My Czechoslovakian great grandfather was "recruited" by the Nazis to serve in their army. He died a cold and miserable death in the battle for Stalingrad. He had no choice because he was "recruited" by force and his family was threatened.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The Nazis used forcful ways to accomplish things during WWII, but displaying unusual cruelty due to latent sadism was a personal choice of those forced to serve the Nazis. The Nazis thrived to dispose of Jews and other undesirables the most speedy and efficient way.

It's interesting that Israel never wanted the commander of Sobibor Karl Frenzel. He was never charged being an accessory to mass murder. Now Germans hit a former guard Demjanjuk with 29,000 counts.

I think that Demjanjuk is the last case of WWII-related prosecution. Time goes by and there is virtually no one left to put on trial.

The groups in Isreal that specialize on Holocaust have been re-focusing on the cases of Holocaust denying or getting involved in anti-Neonazi activities.

I knew a dude who was pushing buttons as far as to get his butt behind the barbed wire of a Nazi camp. That guy had a phenomenal memory and incredible instinct for survival. He went through one camp to another avoiding his own liquidation. So I pretty much know what was going in there. He would go on and on for hours . . . His accounts sometimes didn't match what the media may tell you, but sometimes it was worse than what is known.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

So I pretty much know what was going in there. He would go on and on for hours . . . His accounts sometimes didn't match what the media may tell you, but sometimes it was worse than what is known.

Sounds worthy of a thread of its own. Even the story of the way the guy operated would be something worth reading.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
America has the technology to back through anyones life, and they can see if he is guilty or not. They can just take every memory you have. So why not use it in this case, and tell the public they have this technology, oh i forgot they hide it and use it for use on normal people who do nothing, planks.

Interesting that they are still doing this. When you think tony blair and bush must be responsible for millions of deaths, what about justice for them?

not sure about your first paragraph, smells of nuttiness, and also begs the question of how you know so much about it.

With your second paragraph, yeah, those two have a lot to answer for, but there is no rhyme or reason in the world, what about the North Korean leader who killed millions, or the genocide in Sudan etc etc

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

not sure about your first paragraph, smells of nuttiness, and also begs the question of how you know so much about it.

With your second paragraph, yeah, those two have a lot to answer for, but there is no rhyme or reason in the world, what about the North Korean leader who killed millions, or the genocide in Sudan etc etc

Its a fact period. Just becuse you do not know, does not make it not real. the americans have the tech to go through every moment of a persons life, but they choose to use this tech on nobodies, who do not do anything. Why... when this tech could be used to solve so many crimes and other things.

If they want any memory they want they will take it from you period, so i would assume they have worked on this guy, just makes you wonder what they found.

Plus this is not nuttiness, it is fact, that they have this tech, and are using it today.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
hmm.. judging from his past it seems we where quite determined to pin him for something?

I personally fail to see how someone can be charged for "crimes" when they where following orders, especially during a time of war.

I smell the Jewish Lobby at work here..

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Its a fact period.

well just stating that on an internet board does not make it "fact", nor does sticking "period" either- it may be true

Just becuse you do not know, does not make it not real.

Correct, but it does not make it real either

the americans have the tech to go through every moment of a persons life, but they choose to use this tech on nobodies, who do not do anything. Why... when this tech could be used to solve so many crimes and other things.

yes, this sounds good, but how do YOU know it is a fact?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by blueorder]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by blueorder]

top topics

join