It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever wonder what aliens view us like?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
To them we must be the upright freaks of nature who walk around with a sense of self-importance and dominance, right? I wonder what they think about us domesticating them, free food perhaps? And shelter? It's just weird when I think about it from their view, like we're the freaks, the weird occupants of this planet, developing everything and increasing our intelligence by leaps and bounds, being able to shoot off this planet and go to our own moon, etc.

Now think about how aliens must view us as. They would probably be like "Hey what's a 'gun'?" "Oh I did some research on their 'internet' and found out that a gun is used to shoot a small piece of metal fast enough to kill another human" "HOLY # LETS GET OUT OF HERE"

and sandwiches, would they be amazed that we spend the time to make sandwiches, when bread has very little nutrition value? They probably wonder why we don't eat all of it like toothpaste or something, with just the needed nutrients to survive and be healthy.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

I bet they are very interested in us, I mean us humans are nuts right? They probably see all the rest of life, then there's us, the weird ones. Weird primitives a bit more developed than our related Earth life forms.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Probably see us as a virus to magnificent planet we live on. Nothing but destruction and abuse to our home. Shaking their heads all the way.

"Coming soon to the Alien Broadcasting Network. 'Earth's Most Accepted Atrocities.' Tonight's episode will be on the eradication of marine livestocks."

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Depends on which race I guess. Most probably think of us as backward and easy prey, easy to manipulate, easy to abduct and take from. I hope there are ones that look at us with hope though.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We have no idea how they even think, it's really a waste of time to guess by using our way of thinking.

Plus comments like humans are a virus etc is a human way of thinking.

I would hope that an intelligent alien would understand it's not good to generalise, something many humans are good at. Instead realise that we are all individuals.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
As sheeple!?

Idiots, that don't use their potential.
Probably a highly interesting and possibly entertaining species.

We (as a race) could stop using fossil fuels, we could stop famine, lots of diseases and dehydration. We could easily stop all wars. But we let a few control everything. So, possibly also cowards.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

We are a relatively new race. So If they are from another planet they will probably be watching over us. So we don't do anything stupid, the same goes if it is our race in the future, they might be visiting to check up on possibly a past event to see if it turned out differently or they want to stop a previous event from happening.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Now think about how aliens must view us as. They would probably be like "Hey what's a 'gun'?" "Oh I did some research on their 'internet' and found out that a gun is used to shoot a small piece of metal fast enough to kill another human" "HOLY # LETS GET OUT OF HERE"

Assumption here, but I doubt that is the case...

For them to get to their level of Tech advancement, they more than likely went thru similar technological stages as we are...

Probably way past a 'small piece of metal' and the primitive firing-train to make it propel; but they had their growing pains as well...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well...

We are either a galactic comic relief. Hey Zortac look at what the stupid Umans are doing now. He's playing with splitting the Atom.

Or...

We are simply an anthropological study of how they may have been in their own past or could just be curiosity about how early civilizations destroy themselves.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You're right. Virus wasn't the right word. I should have said "cancer".

Cancer (medical term: malignant neoplasm) is a class of diseases in which a group of cells display uncontrolled growth (division beyond the normal limits), invasion (intrusion on and destruction of adjacent tissues), and sometimes metastasis (spread to other locations in the body via lymph or blood). These three malignant properties of cancers differentiate them from benign tumors, which are self-limited, and do not invade or metastasize. Most cancers form a tumor but some, like leukemia, do not. The branch of medicine concerned with the study, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer is oncology.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

They look at us, go WTF and stop worshiping gods. Then they start blaming them.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If your a believer of the abduction phenomena, it seems like biological samples are being taken at a pretty rapid rate...from both humans and the occasional cow. Makes me wonder if these aliens know which direction this race of semi-intelligent hominids are heading. I see similarities to our own behavior in which we humans are collecting all sorts of seeds from all corners of the planet. We are putting them in an ice cold vault well inside the Arctic Circle for preservation...a "second chance" for humanity so to say, in case we almost wipe ourselves out either by our own hand, by nature´s hand, or by Mr. Murphy´s hand.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
i'd assume how we look over wild animals fighting for a dead carcas.

..........yeah.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well, how they view us is how their mind works, but how they actually see us could also be as different

There was a great scene from War of the Worlds (1953) in which at one part they hook up the alien probe camera and look how they see us.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62c99f3faf71.jpg[/atsimg]

They could view different wavelengths to what we see. They could use infrared, ultraviolet etc.

[edit on 13/5/09 by Daisy-Lola]

[edit on 13/5/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
As a species where the stupid becomes popular, the thinking and the wise become outcasts and ignored...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I've often thought about this, and what I would say to my people if I were sending a report back to them.

My postcard back home would probably read as follows...

"Nonsensical lifeforms smother the planet. They have a monetary system that, when coupled with their concept of ownership, is wholly destructive and prevents them from evolving as a species. They ignore great scientific advances and opportunities unless there is a personal gain, instead choosing to use impractical, violent and poisonous methods, even when alternatives are obvious.
Money controls everything from migration to food supply, and many millions unable to fit into this machine are left to starve, are trapped in violence created by others or are left in sub-standard living conditions.
They've developed highly connected and efficient global communication and travel, but this is again built on money. So while they do have a truly global community, it is without equality and those with far less are simply ignored or even deliberately abused for further monetary gain by specific groups.

They have a hierarchy where a select few on each land mass controls the populace of said land, restricting their lives and demanding mass participation in the monetary system. They are closed groups, maintaining power through blood line with the assistance of wealth passed to their offspring. Education is limited and positions in society are bought through this educational system; one may be vastly intelligent, but unless they have the money to purchase recognition of this they remain in poverty or one of the masses to be controlled.

No land is free to aid personal survival or to allow provision of food for communities, instead it has been sequestered by the elite in control and then incorporated into the monetary system before being sold to others who then use the land to produce food to sell to the population.
Nothing escapes the monetary system, even the supply and use of water, the very building block of their existence, is controlled by the select few.

Wars are fought between nations (sections of land divided into communities with borders, encompassing differing beliefs and social structures) but again these are predominantly driven by the ideas of ownership, money and control. These wars are instigated by the leaders of each region, but are fought by their citizens, who again do so to be a part of the monetary machine and therefore fulfill their desires for ownership of land, property and access to food.

Religion plays a large part in their existence, but they are fractured beliefs. Surprisingly these beliefs primarily revolving around our last interaction with them. But, the history of our involvement prior to the last great cataclysm on Earth has been distorted and manipulated by those in power previously to better control the populace. They turned us into gods and myths to convince the people that there are great omnipotent beings to fear. They believe that they will face judgment from such beings unless they follow the rules and restrictions as laid out by those in power.
Evidently, I suppose they are receiving judgment.

There is much evidence of our ancestors on this planet and their involvement in assisting the Human race to survive our planets previous meeting, but they dismiss it as solely Human work. They understand that it is remarkable, but they have formed beliefs to explain away what we did here previously so that we do not exist in their history. Only now are they beginning to understand that our planet exists, and that we might meet again soon.

They might one day reach beyond the need for their monetary system, but this will require a great battle, one where the people rise to overthrow the leadership and install systems more conducive to Human existence.

I fear this will not happen before the next cataclysm, and only after a great number of their species have died.

My conclusion is that they require more monitoring. To better understand their capabilities and intent we must be cautious and study them. Each individual is primarily good, and each seems to understand the predicament they are collectively in, it is the leadership that should be restricted and monitored specifically, to ensure that they are not able to leave this planet and infect the universe.
We also have to be cautious of their technology, they are like children playing with dangerous machines. They use science (again to control, and to gain monetarily) without restraint and often to harm one another. They could very easily harm life beyond their planet within a few decades.

I would suggest that when our home world travels past this planet shortly, we refrain from making any contact with the species here again. While our planet and its close proximity will cause another great cataclysm on Earth, we should refrain from feeling any guilt and attempting to assist them again. They are now in a position to help themselves and understand the potential threat, and I feel that our involvement on this occasion would be damaging to us.

While they are calling out into space in search of others, their motives are not clear. And for that very reason we should not answer."

Wow, I think I have a book in me.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If I was a lifeform outside this planet looking in, I would see a population of a species that destroys their own world around them and only a small portion of them seems to even care. They live in dwelings that they use some sort of currency system to pay for, and are removed from these dwellings if they can not provide the currency needed to stay in this place. There are others that have no dwellings either, and others that seem to swarm enmass into one dwelling but are locked out once this dwelling is full. Those who seem to have extra of this currency care very little for those without it or those whao have no dwellings or are removed from thier dwellings.

This is just a small area being observed. If they would look on this world as a whole, the picture would be far worse, toxins being pumped into the air and oceans. Other species of the planet that are being used for food, where the rest of the carcas seems to go to waste, that could otherwise be put to good use. Species being killed for what seems not to be for eating but for purposes of having parts of the species for viewing in the home. The species seems to want to destroy others of it's own species for religious beliefs not being the same instead of just talking it over in a more civilized manner, as well as destroying each other over land that both sides of the battle claims as thier own.

This is just what I would think they would see looking in.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i no how they view us they view us how we view the little humans when we play games like theme park world and games like that same as the elite

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I've often thought about this, and what I would say to my people if I were sending a report back to them.

My postcard back home would probably read as follows...

"Nonsensical lifeforms smother the planet. They have a monetary system that, when coupled with their concept of ownership, is wholly destructive and prevents them from evolving as a species. They ignore great scientific advances and opportunities unless there is a personal gain, instead choosing to use impractical, violent and poisonous methods, even when alternatives are obvious.
Money controls everything from migration to food supply, and many millions unable to fit into this machine are left to starve, are trapped in violence created by others or are left in sub-standard living conditions.
They've developed highly connected and efficient global communication and travel, but this is again built on money. So while they do have a truly global community, it is without equality and those with far less are simply ignored or even deliberately abused for further monetary gain by specific groups.

They have a hierarchy where a select few on each land mass controls the populace of said land, restricting their lives and demanding mass participation in the monetary system. They are closed groups, maintaining power through blood line with the assistance of wealth passed to their offspring. Education is limited and positions in society are bought through this educational system; one may be vastly intelligent, but unless they have the money to purchase recognition of this they remain in poverty or one of the masses to be controlled.

No land is free to aid personal survival or to allow provision of food for communities, instead it has been sequestered by the elite in control and then incorporated into the monetary system before being sold to others who then use the land to produce food to sell to the population.
Nothing escapes the monetary system, even the supply and use of water, the very building block of their existence, is controlled by the select few.

Wars are fought between nations (sections of land divided into communities with borders, encompassing differing beliefs and social structures) but again these are predominantly driven by the ideas of ownership, money and control. These wars are instigated by the leaders of each region, but are fought by their citizens, who again do so to be a part of the monetary machine and therefore fulfill their desires for ownership of land, property and access to food.

Religion plays a large part in their existence, but they are fractured beliefs. Surprisingly these beliefs primarily revolving around our last interaction with them. But, the history of our involvement prior to the last great cataclysm on Earth has been distorted and manipulated by those in power previously to better control the populace. They turned us into gods and myths to convince the people that there are great omnipotent beings to fear. They believe that they will face judgment from such beings unless they follow the rules and restrictions as laid out by those in power.
Evidently, I suppose they are receiving judgment.

There is much evidence of our ancestors on this planet and their involvement in assisting the Human race to survive our planets previous meeting, but they dismiss it as solely Human work. They understand that it is remarkable, but they have formed beliefs to explain away what we did here previously so that we do not exist in their history. Only now are they beginning to understand that our planet exists, and that we might meet again soon.

They might one day reach beyond the need for their monetary system, but this will require a great battle, one where the people rise to overthrow the leadership and install systems more conducive to Human existence.

I fear this will not happen before the next cataclysm, and only after a great number of their species have died.

My conclusion is that they require more monitoring. To better understand their capabilities and intent we must be cautious and study them. Each individual is primarily good, and each seems to understand the predicament they are collectively in, it is the leadership that should be restricted and monitored specifically, to ensure that they are not able to leave this planet and infect the universe.
We also have to be cautious of their technology, they are like children playing with dangerous machines. They use science (again to control, and to gain monetarily) without restraint and often to harm one another. They could very easily harm life beyond their planet within a few decades.

I would suggest that when our home world travels past this planet shortly, we refrain from making any contact with the species here again. While our planet and its close proximity will cause another great cataclysm on Earth, we should refrain from feeling any guilt and attempting to assist them again. They are now in a position to help themselves and understand the potential threat, and I feel that our involvement on this occasion would be damaging to us.

While they are calling out into space in search of others, their motives are not clear. And for that very reason we should not answer."

Wow, I think I have a book in me.

That was very good, the Planet X part could have been done without but it summed up your feelings of the human species quite well. I enjoyed reading that, it also summed up most of my feelings as well, there are people in this world that want to do good, but there are also bad people(And I say people as a corporation, government agency, company, etc, not a single person) that are holding us back, not only from peace and happiness but from evolving mentally.

It's a real shame too, it really does piss me off. Our species has so much potential but we're constantly held back by fear, war and grief. It's ridiculous, and I really do wish a alien civilization would step in and stop all this because obviously we are helpless to.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Anyone ever wonder what aliens view us like?

can you yourself just not ask them? You have said on several threads now you have spent time with them so why dont you ask them rather than us? this is a genuine question DEX 42, why do you not ask them?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join