It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people who say Alex Jones fear mongers even watch his show?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I assume Alex Jones would not support me, and would treat me like a fool if I called in and said I was 'smallpeeps'. I have worked carefully to be despised by all. Ha ha ha.

Originally posted by Lasheic
science is all about:

- a methodology for removing bias from observations
- reasoned debate of contrary views.
- a self-correcting process
- a proven track record of working.

You said science is your bias and then you said it removes bias. I think science also gives control to rich ass-heads who then wreck the world. We can agree it is both evil AND good. But why so much evil and so little good from this thing, this method called, science? Why so many scientists who have no spiritual or personality? Must science always lost to priests and verbal demagogerry?

I took your paragraph and bulleted it. Just so we could see what you think. Then you outlined the bad things which people do, and which you object to:

- Speculation
- accusation
- out of context information
- misinformation
- fear-mongering
- pandering... none of that stuff gets you anywhere.

Or rather it does, but often in a contrary position with unintended consequences.

I don't have a comment, just wanted to allow that picture of science to just hang there so people can observe it in the course of history. I have nothing to offer. I am also enthused by the potentials of science if perhaps for other reasons.

.... you haven't even fully explored the analogy of a theater fire and already you're jumping the conversation to motivation for intentional burning, with #1 on your list being insurance fraud. I... think that's a bit telling as to your own particular brand of bias.

No, I was using an analogy that has depth. Take your time to simmer in it. Insurance fraud is applicable to the US theatre. Insurance fraud is happening right now and killing this country. Also "lice and vermin" refers to the unclean of the US and as we see in that fine film, "The Dead Zone", there are some leaders who would burn down the theatre so as to simple remove half the occupants. With an analogy that has depth, one gains not a better understanding of the discussion, but gains a better understanding of those with whom one is conversing. That's the point of speculation also because imagination and music and fancy are part of human existence. My analogy breaks down, but it also allows people to fill in the huge gaps. It is the exercise of the grey areas of the brain, the unused parts (which science has dulled down of course).

Speculation: Allows dot connecting and cloud-type intelligence. The military speculates. Rich people speculate. Gynocologists speculate. It is a good thing.

--hey, you know who speculates? You know who would agree with me that speculation has merit: Blind people. Like for example if they came across an elephant. It might go somthing like this:

"An elephant is like a rope!"

"No, certainly an elephant is like a tree trunk!"

"You all have lost your minds! An elephant is like a big wall of breathing, against which I can lean and feel the intake of breath!"

"What nonsense! I hold the elephant and it is like a butterfly, trying to escape my grasp, skinlike and membranous in nature!"

"Fools! An Elephant is like a snake, as big as a human thigh! It graspeth the peanut from mine own hand!"

Oh well, I'm done defending AJ. He wouldn't defend what I've written here at ATS. I only listen thim when world events seem to warrant it. I have listened to maybe a dozen complete broadcasts, if that.

I am done with this thread, done with defending him. I think he's overtly rude to his callers anyway.

For the record: The only reason I listen to AJ is for the callers. I like the callers the best.

I think all radio DJ and radio-station advertising always get in the way of the callers. That's why I do not ever listen to radio.

But when I do want to tune into a broadcast, I tune into prison planet dot com, because yes, I do think that particular theme they've adopted described a valid concept exists to wit: that of Earth being a penal-colony/work-farm. If it is not yet a prison planet, it is at least in the gestation stages. So the pp.com broadcaster rates highly as for truth.

Work makes you free. Just always remember that. And work done FOR free, makes you even MORE free, right? That's what the neo-Marxists will tell your children, as they tazer you without you even firing a shot. Precise placement of electricity will actually trump bullets because in a court of law, shootings are always worse than tazerings so all people who think iron and ammo will lead to liberty, are not seeing the whole picture. It doesn't take a Navy Seal to sneak up on your house and do recon or bump the lock while you are away. In fact, any criminal will do.

Who needs guns and silencers and all the James Bond crap 99% of humans believe? Electronics and subtle manipulation via advanced hypnosis or NLP combined with tazers, electroshock-removal of memories and scopolamine/roofies will do.

People do not even know what to be afraid of.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Oh well, I'm done defending AJ. He wouldn't defend what I've written here at ATS. I only listen thim when world events seem to warrant it. I have listened to maybe a dozen complete broadcasts, if that.

haha well i didn't expect that! Maybe this thread should be better titled 'do people who defend AJ even listen to his showes?'

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

I do watch his show. I agree he isn't perfect and he can be nutty at times.

But where would we be without him? Hey, no one is perfect. I know I am different from Alex Jones and I want him to stop his religion stuff. He is free to do that if he wants.

But he provides really good info, plus, he may use fear in his shows... but that's kind of what we need. We need to be fearful of what's going to happen... in the news media people are just act like nothing is a big deal... but I like Alex since he tells it how it is.

I'm not a blind Alex Jones fan. But do you see my point? I understand his flaws. He isn't perfect. I don't like him that much, but, he has interesting theories and good information, he might get things wrong sometimes, but I think he should not be ignored.

So what if he's a bit of a nut?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by NatureBoy

But where would we be without him? ...But he provides really good info, ............plus, he may use fear in his shows...

First of all, half of his info is false, a lie, or wrong and secondly, he uses fear to spread it? And that is usually called what?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

His info isn't false. He uses mainstream media to back up his sources. The other time he interviews his guests. If any of the info on his show is false it's the stuff coming from his guests... and the things that are false... they aren't really false-- there is a thing called opinions.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
and the things that are false... they aren't really false-- there is a thing called opinions.

That he and his most devout listeners try to pass off as verifiable facts. Nothing wrong with an opinion until you try to claim it's a fact, that's when you go over the line from discussing and theorizing to straight out fearmongering and lying.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I listen to AJ occasionally, and usually check his website out once or twice a week. By no means to I feel that ALL of his info. is legit, which is why I always take it with a grain of salt. If he says something that I find intriguing or interesting, I will then cross-reference it with other, more reliable sources. He and some of his guests have been spot on a handful of times, so there is obviously some truth to some of the information being presented.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I would blame the listeners more than AJ himself.

Of course AJ believes what he is speaking about. He's been to bohemian groove. He's followed the bilderberg group and those people.

I would agree that he has a tendency to overstate his opinions a bit too much. He would probably have more credibility if he separated his own theories from the news he presented... and when he spoke he would tell people "I believe they're going to" and then explain his theory. As opposed to what he does now.

He also needs to work on his manners.

But I really like his shows nonetheless. I don't think the info he has is false as his detractors claim here. But he does certainly have strong stances on the issues and if he could make his case in a better way I think he could really make an improvement.

I however-- really still like his show even though he has his faults. You just have to be keenly aware of when AJ is accentuating his opinions.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join