It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people who say Alex Jones fear mongers even watch his show?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

No worries, it happens. Gets hard to keep track of who said what sometimes.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
first post here, but lurker for a little bit!

I'd look into the real nature of AJ! While he seems to do a great service he talks about double speak! What might he be doing? The fact he's so closed minded about certain things and gets so angry, at not even whats being talked about but once he realizes he's talking to someone he doesnt agree with (prothink vid on youtube), speaks a lot to the information he presents!

I feel Bill (William) Cooper [RIP] had a much more real approach! He asked his audience to research for themselves... AJ DEMANDS it! AJ is, and always will be, an actor/DJ! I listen to him but I dont take every word as gospel! I suggest listening to some of Bill Cooper's stuff if you havent already!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by surgence

This is my point i was making with the Huxley quote, alex is 100% sure in his mind that he is the only right answer - this is a very bad place to start from, he isn't willing to get in a rational debate with someone all he wants to do is shout them down and throw info bombs around...

Someone who thinks this way had no problem editing the truth to make his point clearer - i.e. tell a lie to prove he's right

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
Mel is about 6, Scientology Tom is about a 8, etc

Stop using my ideas for rating of your own.
See that proves you agree with me.

But how does fame come about? Haven;t even our own ATS bosses recently lifted the veil on themselves and don't we know what they look like?

And if the Eye of the TV turns its Sauronic pupil toward any of us, would we not be affected? Even if someone says "Oh, if I was famous it would be great!" ...Well, I think they don't really think it through. Fame is a pain in the rear if you aren't making billions with private jet like Oprah. If you are famous like Gary Coleman famous, it's a hassle.

Why do famous people avoid Alex? Only one or two will even mention him. Do they consider themselves bettter than us, and the subject, not worth discussing?

er...... i would sorta suggest that some of alex's adverts are........er........snake oil salesmen, charlatans, kooks and crooks. I can't be bothered to break them all down but here's a quick few from the top of my head....

The Water making magic machine

I do not disagree with you. I turn down the commercials. But also when I had cable (up until this digital thing where I just gave up on TV altogether) I turned the commercials down then. Thank God for the mute button, is what I am saying.

But his ad rates are probably going to attract a certain type of person so which comes first, the snake oil or the ignorant simple masses? I'd say that smart townspeople might be able to listen to a snake oil salesman and not buy anything?

Yep, they ALL SELL products which scared, fearful people buy. As i sorta mentioned i am a survivalist myself so i'm not calling these people nuts. I have a water filter, a bugout bag, etc (all of witch i use for rough camping when i travel btw/ its not #just# in case) however it can still rationally see that the products on AJ's ads are sold on fear, an excessive amount of fear.

I'll agree that some of the commercials are slanted in the direction you are describing.

But is Alex better or worse than Howard Stern? In fact major advertisers will slobber all over Howard but hate Alex. Tell me why that is?

the real point is what are you going to do with these gold coins? gold will be almost valueless when people are starving - when you need them no one will want them. However this debate will never get air time on AJ, neither will the theory that the reason everyone in 'the know' is selling their gold (governments, uber rich, etc) is because we have or are very close to a cost effective way of producing machine made gold.

I agree with you, completely. Good comments.

personally i think that the general american population are idiots, the government is criminal, the political system insane, the police corrupt, the business's mostly evil, greed, greed and greed. I'm not here to defend americana - i'm here to attack a little part of it ;P

Idiots can be made smarter much faster these days, criminals can be handcuffed, insane politicians can be given harmless jobs and removed from power, the police only affect what their bosses demand of them. As for evil, greed and all that, it could change, but yes.

Very few of all the problematic people above that you mentioned, are afraid. So then politicans, cops, criminals --they do not have fear of the sort which Alex is accused of stirring up?

So it's the idiot-masses as you say, you are made to feel afraid, by Alex? Id' say the other three groups you mentioned politicians, cops, criminals, are stirring up a higher percentage of fear than Alex.

Yeah, I guess we both heard that nursery rhyme different. Doesn't your version involve sheeplike students who trust the boy crying wolf? I like my version better.

But anyway, I liked your response. Though it sounded scary when you were talking doom and gloom there, I didn't get scared. Thanks for not fearmongering.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

Though it sounded scary when you were talking doom and gloom there, I didn't get scared. Thanks for not fearmongering.

haha dang you totally owned me with that, ok yes i am a massive fear monger just like alex

I admit as alex always says 'if your neighbors house is on fire then you gotta scream and shout about it' so i'm glad someone like alex is shouting about the problems in society and the police state, etc... I just wish he would use a little more rational logic and less screaming, exaggerating and shouting people down

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by surgence

This is my point i was making with the Huxley quote, alex is 100% sure in his mind that he is the only right answer - this is a very bad place to start from, he isn't willing to get in a rational debate with someone all he wants to do is shout them down and throw info bombs around...

Someone who thinks this way had no problem editing the truth to make his point clearer - i.e. tell a lie to prove he's right

No, this is the right place to come from. YOu cannot be a leader, which Alex is one of the greatest leaders in history, if you are not confident of yourself and where you are going.

Alex isn't running a "let's chat" radio show, let's discuss opinions and it doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong, let's just chat and be friendly.

He is a serious man on a serious mission and when it comes to who the enemy is, what they are trying to do, what they have already succeeded in doing, there is no room for discussion, no time for discussion for him to let ignorant people blather on about their ignorant opinions -- UNLESS these people happen to be influential people who Alex is trying to draw out on his show to show his listeners what is going on in the mind of these people, like the interview he did with Rothschild and with Ann Coulter.

People who call in with important information or intelligent questions are welcome to speak.

Most callers never get to speak at all because there's so much going on his show that he doesn't get time to talk to people as much as he wants to.

Alex is not willing to debate what the problem is, but he doesn't try to dictate what the solution is, and urges people to resist in their own field and sphere of influence, to use their own brains and creativity that God gave them, and encourages people that everybody can do miraculous things once they are willing to abandon their fear and stand for right.

Alex is right about this. He has changed so many lives for the better, more than most pastors. In my opinion Alex Jones is one of the most influential people to the good of humankind as a whole that has ever lived.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
No, this is the right place to come from. YOu cannot be a leader, which Alex is one of the greatest leaders in history, if you are not confident of yourself and where you are going.

So being convinced you are right and refusing to even contemplate that you may be wrong is the right place to start from when trying to form a theory, research something, or put together a puzzle?

And please explain how he is "one of the greatest leaders in history". What has he done that is amazing and wonderful enough to qualify him for that?

there is no room for discussion, no time for discussion for him to let ignorant people blather on about their ignorant opinions

Obviously. Can't have those pesky dissenters meddling in things and presenting the facts. His cause is much too important for that.

People who call in with important information or intelligent questions are welcome to speak.

Unless they disagree with him or can prove him wrong, then they should take their "ignorance" elsewhere.

He has changed so many lives for the better, more than most pastors.

How? How has he changed lives for the better?

I have a serious question for you that I'd really like you to answer. Are you Alex Jones? Or are you related to him? Close friends perhaps? Seriously, I'd really like to know. Because honestly it sure seems like it to me.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

wow i'm sorta reluctant to prove to you alex isn't quiet the god you think he is, would be bad of me to take away your father figure...

i'll just say though that i already mentioned the rothschild interview, it's the one he ends by shouting RED SHIELD, RED SHIELD, REDSHIELD!!! rite?

Nathan-Mayer Rothschild, the english banker who was clearly evil - his father (Amstel?) came from the vienna(?) ghetto where he had a little accounting house, a single lamp and nothing but a ledger chest to sit on (so they say) - well, outside the house was a sign the family logo of a red shield, thus the name 'rot schield' (or however it's spelt in german) or Rothschilde.

Alex was shouting the translation of his surname at him, how is this a clever way to win a debate?

It's not, sorry it's just not. After the 3rd generation the rothschilds family got inbred and basically fell apart (apart from the secret nwo members of course
) - now there are loads of semi-rich rothschilds (and few SUPER rich) doing things like making wine and collecting oddities (alien artifacts, lost arcs, gods beard, etc) - many of them just live the life of mild-intellectuals going on talk shows, radio programs, etc talking about things they believe in....

It's not amazing that he managed to get a rothschild on his show, it's not impressive he wouldn't let him speak and it's certainly not impressive that he translated his surname and yelled it at him as he faded him out.

Had alex said some clever things, made rothschild admit something or understand some of alexs points - that would be a good interview. Had he made rothschild answer tricky questions or break down into 'i don't want to talk about that' then THAT would be a good interview. Wanna see a great interview, go watch Paxman take down a bent politician, THAT'S how you uncover problems in the government.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've listened to him quite a bit and it is stressing. He does shout and fearmonger a bit. His news however is usually accurate and quite varied. He has good sources. He might have an agenda, but for those out there that haven't yet seen the big picture of elite manipulation and technological and spiritual suppression, he is a good source of information.

I do however think that once you see the big picture you need to move on, to go and protect your loved ones, to meditate, to create and to stop feeding the beast with fear and anger so to speak. This before someone like Alex Jones talks you into doing something you may regret later.

He's good at framing the problem, but I think he has a hard time coming to grips with the solution, which is civil, and discrete, disobedience. Something which already permeates most if not all human societies in varying degrees.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outlawstar

Originally posted by Lasheic
reply to post by Frankidealist35

He tries to put together all the dots.

Therein lies part of the problem. Dots are just dots. You can draw all sorts of patterns with dots, but that doesn't make your picture valid. For instance, look to the stars. For generations people have been drawing pictures in the stars and assuming they guide our lives. Yet... it's a completely subjective picture they draw. For instance, let's just zoom out of our solar system a mere 1.6 light years and see what happens to all those beautiful pictures we've connected the dots to make.

Conspiracy Theories are the same way. Alex Jones is spinning a fantasy for his consumers, whether he believes it himself or not, because you cannot apply linear thinking to a chaotic non-linear system such as society, the economy, technology, politics, etc (and especially not all of them combined) and expect them to hold up under serious objective inquiry.

It's an illusion.

And I suspect that fear is not all that AJ mongers.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Lasheic]

Your discounting of Alex Jones on the whole, is a BIG mistake on your part, and making comparisons like that are generally appliable, but your point on subjectivity alone renders it invalid in this case when applied to your own situation.

Do you have an actual rebuttal, or does this end with mere gainsay?

A big mistake discounting Alex Jones? No. Mistakes are mistakes, and I do not fault a man's credibility for an honest mistake. Alex Jones, however, spouts his nonsense with no regard to accuracy or any real measure of accountability. Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus. Even if part of what he says may be true, his credibility is ruined.

(Edit: Speaking of mistakes, I must make a correction. The picture posted is a view from 1,600 light-years away, not 1.6. I mistook the coma for a decimal point. However, I also have another picture (which I could post if anyone would like) taken from the perspective of a planet orbiting Epsilon Eridani, the third closest star to us that we can see with the naked eye - the closest with confirmed planets - and itself a member of the Eridanus constellation. So as you might imagine, even at 10.5 lightyears - the constellations from it's vantage point are considerably deformed. One of the furthest stars we see visibly, in the constellation Scorpio, is not even in the neighboring spiral arm of our Galaxy! It lies between the Sagittarius and Scutum arms - 2.5Kpc, or 8,150ly away. The image is similar to the one posted above, though much smaller and more compact.)

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Had alex said some clever things, made rothschild admit something or understand some of alexs points - that would be a good interview. Had he made rothschild answer tricky questions or break down into 'i don't want to talk about that' then THAT would be a good interview.

I heard that interview. It was a great interview. Rothschild is an Al Gore style vampire greenie and was promoting global warming, and when Alex confronted him that the ice caps on the planets were melting from the sun, Rothschild said it was because the planets were closer to the sun. Alex showed the extent to which these people lie and the utter hubris they have, that they figure people are so stupid that they will believe any kind of wild lame lie that is told, even to rearranging the order of the planets. (which most people are actually quite willing to believe such whoppers, such as that 110 story huge skyscrapers made of steel and concrete will go splat at the speed of gravity if there are fires, nearly extinguished, burning in the upper floors, one building not even hit by a plane at all).

I listen to Alex all the time. I'm a news junky, used to listen to Fox News all the time. Now I have no TV. I gravitate to the truth, eat it up, and when I hear Alex I hear a triple dose of truth.

What you say about Alex is exactly the opposite. You don't have to tell me what Alex does or does not do because I never miss his program. Same with Texe Marrs. I listen to Jack McLamb, Jerry Brownfield, sometimes the Power Hour.

But Alex is far and away my favorite.

The title of this thread is, do the people who criticize Alex even listen to him? I can answer that question. No, they don't listen to him. They may have listened to him one time when they were dragged kicking and screaming. The people who knock Alex are either patriots who were wakened up by Alex themself, but who are not grateful but instead they fancy themselves to be smarter and better than Alex and so are out to destroy him to make themseleves look better,

OR

they are cowardly yuppie wimps who want to believe that Big Brother loves them and is here to help them and is protecting them from Bin Laden and that we need to go around and blow up families around the world to keep our own selfish cowardly selves "safe." These people know only the propaganda the MSM and their government school education told them, and they won't believe otherwise until they are on a FEMA train, and even then will think it's a good thing they are going to a FEMA camp. These are the ones who will go rushing out to get a government job spying on their neighbor. They think torture is good, they are full of hatred to mankind, would like to see every Muslim dead and every African dead. Selfish, cowardly, evil people. Many of them are so-called "Christians" who believe they are going to be raptured away any second and that they can commit any kind of sin and it doesn't matter. They make up their own reality and their own rules and hate the Truth. They hide from the truth, and spread lies, made-up deliberate lies made up out of the blue sky to discredit and cover up the truth so that nobody else will believe the truth either.

There are people posting here who have NEVER listened to Alex, or at most have caught a brief glimpse of a portion of one of his documentaries because they were embarassed into at least going that far (so they can now claim to be an expert on Alex's films) and then shut it off because they were too skeered, and are on here pretending to be something they are not, somebody who knows anything about Alex or what he says. All they know is what their government school propaganda told them and what Oprah tells them or Shep Smith or any of the other paid liars and actors hired by the Zionists to spread lies and warmongering hatred and Big Brotherism.

Phonies and liars, probably some paid to be that way, anything for a buck, going to community college to study law enforcement or get some other government job, ready to sell their soul and help bring down tyranny on their fellow citizens.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The title of this thread is, do the people who criticize Alex even listen to him? I can answer that question. No, they don't listen to him. They may have listened to him one time when they were dragged kicking and screaming.

And you know this how? You know nothing about anyone posting in this thread aside from what has been posted here and elsewhere at ATS. You can claim what you want but you have no way of knowing whether I or anyone else have listened to Jones once, five times, or a hundred times. Claiming things doesn't make those claims true, kinda like Jones' claims.

They make up their own reality and their own rules and hate the Truth. They hide from the truth, and spread lies, made-up deliberate lies made up out of the blue sky to discredit and cover up the truth so that nobody else will believe the truth either.

I agree, but not about the people you are aiming those comments at. This paragraph applies to a wholly different group of people.

Phonies and liars, probably some paid to be that way, anything for a buck

Sorry if my BS meter prevents me from buying all the propaganda, half-truths, and full blown lies that spew forth from Alex Jones.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

er......

but, you answered the question 'do people who criticize alex listen to alex' with a NO - DESPITE the fact there are 7 pages of prof that some poeple who criticize alex DO LISTEN, You are for instance talking to one right now, there are others in the thread rubberbarron has certainly listened to a lot of alex jones and also is critical - don't you see how you are IGNORING the TRUTH because you prefer your story?

All i have to say is, you listened to fox news then moved on to alex because you gravitate towards truth?!?!?!? haha really? fox news and truth can be used in the same sentence? i never saw that before.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

anything for a buck, going to community college to study law enforcement or get some other government job, ready to sell their soul and help bring down tyranny on their fellow citizens.

This part was great and really made me laugh.

This second line is to remind people that fear is a natural response to a deadly situation. Are Alex-haters in this thread saying the situation for the average American family, is not deadly?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I wouldn't say it's deadly in the sense that we are all in danger of imminent death, no. I do believe that this country is in trouble though. We have leaders who do what they want instead of what the people want, people who vote for the most popular name without taking the time to look at the backgrounds or voting records behind those names, and companies and corporations that are only concerned with their bottom line and couldn't give a rat's behind what happens to the people they employ. And that's only the tip of the iceberg.

There are many things wrong in this country, but I don't for a second believe that it's all leading to us being rounded up and killed off in FEMA camps. If you actually take a step back and think about it for a moment, it would make absolutely no sense to round up everyone and kill them off. You would have no source of labor. You can't accomplish anything if you don't have a workforce.

I also find it extremely hard to believe, near impossible actually, that there is this secret group of people who have been around for hundreds of years slowly working on their plan to take over the world and that somehow they not only haven't managed to pull it off yet, but they also haven't been able to keep it a secret. Secrets are kept every day by very powerful people and we don't find out about them until years or decades later, but somehow this secret group of people can't keep a secret? And not only that, but they haven't killed off everyone who was exposing or threatening to expose them or their secret? It makes absolutely no sense.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Jenna]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
I wouldn't say it's deadly in the sense that we are all in danger of imminent death, no. I do believe that this country is in trouble though.

Imminent death? The word was, "Deadly". Is it deadly for some, if not all? Was it deadly for those at Waco who were religious and not really a threat to national security? It sure seemed deadly for them and their kids. Comments?

There are many things wrong in this country, but I don't for a second believe that it's all leading to us being rounded up and killed off in FEMA camps. If you actually take a step back and think about it for a moment, it would make absolutely no sense to round up everyone and kill them off. You would have no source of labor. You can't accomplish anything if you don't have a workforce.

I think your frame of the picture is naive though certainly heartfelt.

You ask me to take a step back and think for a moment, which I have done. But more than that, I have researched how entire towns have been marched into the forest and shot dead (Stalin, Mao, Kim and his daddy, etc).

Such things haven't happened yet in the US, but certainly all over the world through out history, it's been done and recorded. Mass graves, are a common thing for planet Earth. Do you disagree? I think it is a serious disservice to humanity to tell anyone to "calm down". I think those who are saying "calm down" should be held responsible for what happens, and for every death henceforth.

As for worker populations, I am sure you grasp the concept of Globalization? Did the millions dead during WW2 prevent Europe from recovering?

There would be no shortage of international masses (living) who would shrug at future US mass graves and/or camps ("Well, it had to be done..") and these poverty-stricken internationalists would happily move their families into the suburbs of many American cities and would be empowered/uniformed/deputized by the Federal Government, against US citizens. Such a thing would recommend itself to any person game planning the NWO future. The world will not miss a few million Americans based on the sh--storm which has been carefully built up to fall on us now.

I could see a "paradise" being built by these international colonists upon the graves of a few million uncooperative American patriots. There's your labor force. Actually its a cheaper, more grateful labor force since they would see it as a new dawning post-American age.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I prefer to read his comments because sometimes the ranting and raving upsets me and I am not in the mood.

When I am in the mood, it is distracting because he turns me on LOL.

Hey, what can I say? I'm sick like that.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

of course the world is deadly, and to put it bluntly - that's exactly the reason we don't need to let wackjobs like AJ dictate our world view!!!

so you

researched how entire towns have been marched into the forest and shot dead

Then you'll know that most if not all of the time this happened was because a massive chunk of people stood up and said 'i totally believe this 100% lets blindly follow it's principles where ever they take us........"

THIS is what huxley warns against in the quote i provided. if we all close our eyes and pretend that a small few evil ones are ruining it for all us good guys then we'll never manage to change anything, as ghandi said 'be the change you want to see'

The one and the only way we will survive as a planet long enough for me to die of old age (i'm going for 300years btw/) is clearly and simply to look and honestly face up to the tough facts of life. We will NEVER do that while we're stuck in this fantasy that it's not US doing anything wrong, it's just #THEM# whoever #THEM# is. Everyone wants a scapegoat, a NWO or Devil to blame all the problems on but alas the truth is most the time we do it to ourselves.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
Imminent death? The word was, "Deadly". Is it deadly for some, if not all? Was it deadly for those at Waco who were religious and not really a threat to national security? It sure seemed deadly for them and their kids. Comments?

I'm aware of what the word was. I'm also aware of what the word means, which would be an instrument of certain death. Thus my comment.

The fires that were started that ultimately consumed the building, causing many to die, were started by people inside the building. The ATF was there for a search warrant and the Davidians didn't want them taking their guns and ammo. Did it escalate much further than it should have? Absolutely. Was it entirely the governments fault? Absolutely not.

Now why would a peaceful religious group need a few hundred guns, some of which were converted, or had the parts available to be converted, into fully automatic weapons?

Such things haven't happened yet in the US, but certainly all over the world through out history, it's been done and recorded. Mass graves, are a common thing for planet Earth. Do you disagree? I think it is a serious disservice to humanity to tell anyone to "calm down". I think those who are saying "calm down" should be held responsible for what happens, and for every death henceforth.

Yes it has happened throughout history, but it does not take FEMA camps or the NWO for those things to happen which you know if you have researched history as you say you have. That is the part I take issue with. There is no need for a secret organization running things behind the scenes and controlling government leaders. Those in power do an outstanding job of turning into tyrants all on their own. Which is why I am a big supporter of looking at the big picture when voting for someone and cannot understand why anyone would listen to and believe every word coming out of someone else's mouth, especially not someone in government or the media, and especially without bothering to look into what they claim or their history. I started a thread about it actually, it's the one in my signature.

As for worker populations, I am sure you grasp the concept of Globalization? Did the millions dead during WW2 prevent Europe from recovering?

When people talk of the NWO, they aren't talking about a group bent on taking over the US, they are talking about a group bent on taking over the world. Thus the reason it's called the New World Order. So if those accusations were correct, then they wouldn't just be knocking off everyone in the US they would be knocking off everyone everywhere including those international masses.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Alex Jones is just constantly angry, and he acts as if he knows facts when it's all conjecture!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join