It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people who say Alex Jones fear mongers even watch his show?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by Wideawake08
The reason he fear mongers is because the public is so stupid and so lazy..

Oh, so it's ok that he fearmongers, but it isn't ok if anyone else does it. During the Bush administration you couldn't go into a single thread here that didn't say something about Bush or his buddies fearmongering. Yet when people point out that Jones does it, it's ok because the public is stupid and lazy?

Look at all the people criticizing him...I bet not one of those people have gotten off their azz to do anything about it..They use the excuse of criticizing him so they don't have to take responsibility for their life or their country.

Do anything about what? About things that don't exist in the form he claims? Or about his fearmongering?

You sure do assume an awful lot don't you? You assume that anyone who criticizes him doesn't take responsibility for themselves or their country without even knowing the first thing about anyone's personal life. So what are we all then? What is it you think we do all day that doesn't involve taking responsibility for our lives or our country? I'd love to hear it.

For Some Ignorance is Bliss!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Wideawake08]

PLEASE INFORM US ALL HERE....WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

LOOK stay on the subject..The post is about Alex not the Bush Cheny Clinton Obama CFR criminal organization OK?
It is obvious to me you are one of the lost sheeple that doesn't want to hear the truth because that would mean you would have to do something about it...So go back to sleep and leave the facts to those that know better.

I pointed out the fact that claims of fearmongering are ok, so long as it isn't about Jones. I wasn't changing the topic.

Nice avoidance of the questions I posed and deflection from defending your claims though, I'll give you that.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

LOOK stay on the subject..The post is about Alex not the Bush Cheny Clinton Obama CFR criminal organization OK?
It is obvious to me you are one of the lost sheeple that doesn't want to hear the truth because that would mean you would have to do something about it...So go back to sleep and leave the facts to those that know better.

I pointed out the fact that claims of fearmongering are ok, so long as it isn't about Jones. I wasn't changing the topic.

Nice avoidance of the questions I posed and deflection from defending your claims though, I'll give you that.

WOW do you know how to twist things...You need a job with the government..or maybe you do already

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

Wow, you sure do avoid direct questions a lot.

Your failure to answer and back up your claims is duly noted.

On the bright side, that last post sure did give me a good laugh.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Jenna]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
People who constantly ask "What have you done??" are totally missing the mark. If the critics don't believe Jones, or think at least that he's exaggerating, why would they do anything?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AD HOM MUCH ?????????????????????

well just for your info i have been going to protests for quite some time, I've participated in many anti-police state issues and spent most of my time educating myself so i can better act to make the world a nice place to live in - this means I've studied all sorts of things which alex mentions, i actually care about the world i live in -which is why it makes me sick to see so many people who COULD do something to solve some of the problems wasting their time burying their head in the sand along side all their gold, storeable food and guns!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

If any one is in denial it would be the legion of Alex Jones followers who can't be bothered to put any effort into researching what he claims and instead take his words as gospel because he puts it in a video.
And even better, when someone else takes the time to do their research for them, the followers have no response aside from calling the one who did the research a disinfo agent.

let me emphasize

denial, researching, claims, words, gospel.

more simply, you haven't taken the time to listen to what he says and consider it garbage, or most of it garbage, yet most of what he says is true.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

more simply, you haven't taken the time to listen to what he says and consider it garbage, or most of it garbage, yet most of what he says is true.

As Jenna stated earlier, you sure do make a lot of assumptions. Nowhere in this thread did Jenna indicate they had not taken the time to listen.

Even if they haven't, there are some of us here who have listened to much of his output, and know more of his talking points and factoids than most casual listeners, yet we still critique Jones, how do you answer that?

[edit on 11/5/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Still waiting for you to show me where I said anything remotely similar to the things from your first response to me.

And actually, yes I have listened to some of what he has to say. Then I put on my critical thinking hat, did a little bit of digging, realized how much he had to twist things in order to make it fit into his paranoid NWO puzzle, and dismissed his claims for the nonsense they are. It took me 45 minutes to prove 20 minutes worth of one of his videos wrong.

He may get close on things every great once in awhile. but he is so busy trying to prove everything is either part of the NWO, the NWO's fault, or connected to the NWO, that he can't see the forest for the trees. He cherry picks incomplete phrases out of documents, gives you no source to go to, then rants for 20 minutes on how it's all part of the NWO plot to take over the world. Listening to him rant and rave may be amusing, but he is the last person I would listen to if I wanted to find out the truth about something. I prefer to research things myself rather than taking someone else's word for something.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

you're suggesting that alex jones isn't credible.

care to disprove that?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

i'm interested why you would rather respond to the people who you claim 'haven't bothered to....' instead of the at least three people in this thread who have listened and researched what jones talks about? It's almost as if you wanted to prove a point before you made your thread and don't actually really have much interest in the #truth# of the situation?!?!?!?

oh well, i suppose there will be another 'people who hate alex are all disinfo agents' thread maybe you'll have more luck with that

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Here you go. The link to the video is also in that thread. If there is something else of his you want me to have a go at before you start thinking critically about his claims I'd be more than happy to. The only problem I have with the guy is that people don't bother researching his claims before they take them as complete facts.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

actually i have researched what Alex Jones has talked about and there is a plethora of cross referencing and multiple-scenario two side of the story scenarios, what's your point?

i'm not sticking up for them, if you'd read my first reply. i said strictly they should research it themselves and make their own realizations.

what you're not realizing is that to say Alex Jones isn't credible is to say that history isn't credible, even though it was written down by the very same politicians we hate(you possible believe) so much.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

what you're not realizing is that to say Alex Jones isn't credible is to say that history isn't credible

On the contrary, saying Jones isn't credible is saying exactly that. Reading history doesn't mean you comprehend it. Reading documents as he does, doesn't mean he comprehends them. Ranting and raving about something from history and then switching to something completely unrelated and claiming it's all NWO stuff doesn't mean that he is correct in any way.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

You're making a point that Alex Jones isn't right about every thing he says? Can you tell me any person in history who was right about everything they said?

Fact remains, the government/elites operates above the law on a second to second basis, they are very much real. If you're to blind to see this, go ponder about with your life, but I have no further argument for you.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The people in our government thinking they are above the law, and behaving as if they are, is not proof of a secret NWO plot to take over the world that somehow didn't remain a secret. It's proof we have idiots working in government who need not be re-elected, not that enough people remember who the idiots are once they get to the polls but that's another matter.

If it were only a few things he was wrong about, I wouldn't bother. But the fact is every single claim of his that I have looked into has turned out false. It ranges from twisting to words, to selective reading, to blatant lies. So frankly, I don't bother researching them any more unless it's necessary or is a subject that interests me, and even then it's only to learn more about the topic not to check into his claims. It's a waste of my time otherwise.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

sorry.... I quit talking to brick walls, they're all around. instead, i simply walk away.

more power to what you believe, but voting is the biggest joke of all.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Exactly what I expected. Thanks for that.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

alex jones credible = history credible

???

i don't even understand! Is there now one history we all agree on? when did that happen?

If history is a fact book, if alex is just reading sections from churchills histories (notoriously biased btw/) and Stalins 'notes on the past' (which totally agrees with the last book i mentioned i'm sure) then thats great.......

however, how much of the average 3 hour show is about history? not much, because that's not what the show is about is it? Does the show start with a phrase like 'DEEP BEHIND THE ARCHAIC TOMES ALEX JONES READS HISTORY!" no, last time i heard it he was some form of info warrior behind enemy lines....

The entire show is his opinion of how the world works, he mentions a few factoids from history and mentions a few current events -- then he goes into depth about what HE thinks this means.....

so to recap, does alex automatically gain the power to correctly guess the future or understand popular culture, etc because he read some of this magic 'history' ? ? ? no of course not!

so to say alex's lack of credibility also ruins the credibility of history is nonsense, it's also true that even if alex is 100% right about every quote from every bill, every history and every political speech that doesn't mean his opinion is correct....

see what i'm getting at? its an opinion show and maybe, just maybe alex gets carried away with his paranoid delusions and that changes how he perceives the ramifications of the stories he shares with us?

edit to correct myself, stalin didn't write notes on the past, that as mao or some other benevolent dictator

[edit on 11-5-2009 by NatureBoy]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I had never watched anything by AJ. Until I saw this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was shocked. Pretty much everything he said in that video about the exercise in Swansboro was a lie. If that’s an example of how he does things, I have no use for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join