Do people who say Alex Jones fear mongers even watch his show?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think he's a fear mongerer.

He's a new world order conspiracy theorist like myself. I don't think he exaggerates on much. Our government is truly tyrannical and Alex Jones is just exposing it for what it's doing.

i totally agree with you, i have been rolling ideas in my head about why so many people have gotten upset with him. and the first idea that popped into my head was the latest swine flu epidemic. alex told the people that it was a hoax, read up, for anyone of you who have not done your research. AS most people realize it was yet again another way to keep the masses shaking in there boots. Any how, i think it has upset the agenda agents. so as you can tell they are upset, butt hurt and screaming bloody murder, with no real evidence, but his cander.

great post, an educated person would know that its all about the message not the messanger,

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
How can fear be "mongered" like war and rumors, which spread almost as if alive? Does fear act that way?

Fear will generally cause a three-F decision path where we are encouraged genetically to choose Fight, Flight or Freeze. When afraid, we will choose one of these.

As for fear, it is the mind-killer. In many cases, humans will choose the Freeze instinct, and that can turn into the frog-boiling scenario. When fear passes through you, you understand it and become stronger, so maybe the half-cooked frog can be like the phoenix and leap from the pot? Alex can't make people afraid, though he can invoke the other two F's in them, Flight and Fight, which are both quite good at preserving life. Where's the downside to Alex?

A snake or a spider will also invoke a three F moment in humans, as will police lights in their rear view mirror. But, all of these things can also be dealt with with absolutely _zero_ fear, once they've been experienced a few times. I have handled all three (snakes, spiders, authority) and been unafraid though my heart might beat faster. Fear is optional.

Also I listen to Alex and do not feel afraid. Those who are afraid, will emerge stronger on the other side. So unlike war, which might be mongered, fear itself, cannot be mongered as it requires the complicit cooperation of the so-called victim.

What's that little catchphrase; "The only thing you have to fear is fear itself"?

On the surface it seems to be an appeal to courage. Still, I have always wondered at the meaning of that phrase. Are we to be afraid of fear?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh come on! Even if you thought he was a hick, he has many many extremely intelligent guests, and they all think what HE thinks. Military people, scientists, you name it- he gets them on the air.

Think about this, "they all think what HE thinks"...

That's because he generally only invites people on who agree at least 90% with him, and the odd occasions he does get someone who agrees less, he tends to go on a rampage, shouting them down, or calling them shills, assuring that almost nobody he disagrees with will ever appear again. Most people will have a decent agent who would tell them not to go on his show at all if they don't agree with him.

The people who do go on regularly that would disagree with Jones on most things, are those like Kuchinich, or Nader, who are smart enough to know the crowd they are facing, and stick to topics relevant to that crowd. They would never bother to talk much about healhcare or gun control, as they know they'd lose that audience completely. They'll stick to common ground like free speech or corporation power.

Jones is without doubt a fearmonger. You only need to look at the way he tackles vaccinations to see this. He completely overstates the risks involved. Some evidence for an example:

In 1976 the US government vaccinated against swine flu, and 25 people died from complications with the vaccine.

This is cited as an example of a vaccine that went bad. BUT 40 million were vaccinated, that means there was a 1 in 1.6 million chance of getting a complication from that, one of the cited cases of when vaccines go wrong. You have better odds of drowning in the bath, yet Jones never rants about that.

He is vehemently anti-intellectual. As natureboy pointed out about Huxley, Wells and Orwell, Jones does not possess the intellect to understand their works, so he just attacks them as shills for the NWO or some other absurd notion. He attacks science all the time, unless it's some junk science that agrees with him. It is fine to question authority, but it is not fine to ignore proven facts, such as the real facts about vaccines.

These strains tie together neatly, into the fact that he is such an intellectual midget, that the only tool he has left once someone starts to really question him, is to ad hominem them, shout them down, or pile on so many claims that is would be hopeless to attempt to debate him. It takes much longer to properly disprove a claim than to make one, and Jones always uses this to his advantage.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubberBaron

odd occasions he does get someone who agrees less, he tends to go on a rampage, shouting them down, or calling them shills, assuring that almost nobody he disagrees with will ever appear again.

This just ain't so. He usually draws them out and they don't know they are spilling their guts and walking into a trap. Then when he has them where he wants them he delivers a frontal challenge.

If he wants them on the show again, he is gentler with them.

Some people he only expects and wants to have on one time, to show his listeners what these people really think and stand for.

Others, like the Austin police chief who happens to be his neighbor down the street and he's trying to influence, he shmoozes them.

Nobody can beat Alex for interviews. The guy is a genius.

As to him being a hick or not too bright, the guy has read every history book that's written, all the original documents he stays up half the night studying. He's only 35 and has forgotten more than most of us will ever know.

I do thank God for Alex Jones, and I pray for him, for his health and safety and that his show can stay on the Internet. I have no TV, would never have that horrid thing in my house, and I am totally spoiled by having the Internet and being able to find answers I'm looking for quickly and easily at the keyboard. Alex's radio show as well as other stuff I listen to online is so far above any of the claptrap on television that I don't know how people can sit in front of that boobtube and listen. I can't even stand to hear regular TV and radio. It just sounds so fake and like such propaganda and the readers are so fakey, the way they read their lines about terrible calamities with a cheery voice like it's all great news.

I don't know how people can keep their sanity listening to TV and regular radio, all those lies and distortions and fakiness. Makes me mad that Congress is going to take our tax money, bail out the newspapers who are going bust. I say let them die, the printed lies. Just let 'em die.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

Yet alex jones would like to tell all his listeners that anyone who disagrees with his views are MSM worshipers who cant look outside the box or that dreaded word *sheeple*.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Solomons]

I agree with the other responder who said that Jones never uses the word sheeple, I've been listening to him a couple of times a week for a couple of years, and have never heard him use this term.

The idea I wanted to respond to, is the idea of MSM worshippers. This is another area where Jones just isn't consistent. He'll tell us one moment not to trust the MSM, then in the next breath he'll be shouting "THIS IS MAINSTREAM NEWS!!!".

For someone who distrusts the MSM so much, he sure relies on it.

Right now his frontpage at infowars.com is carrying stories from:

CBC
Mail Online
Newsweek
Times Online
Russia Today
FOX News
CTV
The Wall Street Journal
FOX 17
ABC News
CNN
The Huffington Post
Washington Post
Telegraph
Reuters
Jerusalem Post
Haaretz

And they are just the ones I know are mainstream. Probably a number more are too.

For someone so against the mainstream media, he seems to rely on it an awful lot.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
As to him being a hick or not too bright, the guy has read every history book that's written, all the original documents he stays up half the night studying. He's only 35 and has forgotten more than most of us will ever know.

I am sometimes impressed by his memory, he seems to be able to recall quite a lot. However, this is just like the problem of information vs data, it matters little how much data he can consume, if he can't make any rational sense out of it, misunderstands it, then misrepresents it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

I think he uses the mainstream news for people who don't believe what he's saying. Some stories would be hard to believe without some sources... so he provides his own spin on them. I don't think he relies on them. He just uses them to his advantage. That's how I see it anyways.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Nobody can beat Alex for interviews. The guy is a genius.

I would like to disagree with this also.

When I compare him to, say:

Jeremy Paxman
Harry Kreisler
Peter Robinson

Just to name three, I find Jones lacking.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

CBC, Mail Online, Newsweek, Times Online, Russia Today, FOX News, CTV,
The Wall Street Journal, FOX 17, ABC News, CNN, The Huffington Post,
Washington Post, Telegraph, Reuters, Jerusalem Post, Haaretz

And they are just the ones I know are mainstream. Probably a number more are too. For someone so against the mainstream media, he seems to rely on it an awful lot.

He doesn't get his information from MSM. He does his own investigations and uses the MSM to corroborate, also declassified government reports, original journals. Alex Jones is a documentarian. When he hosted the 9/11 Truth Symposium a few years ago C-Span identified him as a "Documentarian." This is, indeed, what he is, in addition to being a radio host. He researches, reads voraciously, gets out in the field to see for himself, takes a cameraman or two with him, gets it all down. He happens to be living in the center of an area where a lot of news is being made regarding the militarization of the police, the police and military drills held to practice subjegating the American people, etcetera. He's able to drive a half hour and get amazing footage of this kind of stuff. But he also flies around the country with his camera crew as well. His documentaries are historic and definitive works, extremely well done. Alex has broken more stories than any ten news reporters. If it weren't for Alex, nobody would know that Bohemian Grove existed. He has to document his information on film because people would not otherwise believe it.

When he quotes the MSM, he's saying, hey, if you think I'm crazy, this is also reported in your media you "trust." He is appealing to people to believe him, because all he lives for is to wake people up to the truth.

The guy is a genius. He has a heart of courage and love and God has blessed him with boundless energy and a brilliant mind and great talent. He pours himself out to try to communicate what he knows, and anybody who has experienced his programs and films will be changed forever, and in a good way.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Personally, I think it's people who are in denial, and they want to make Alex the issue, that if they can find fault with him that maybe the information he's sharing will go away and they can get back to living in the land of sugar plum fairies.

If any one is in denial it would be the legion of Alex Jones followers who can't be bothered to put any effort into researching what he claims and instead take his words as gospel because he puts it in a video.
And even better, when someone else takes the time to do their research for them, the followers have no response aside from calling the one who did the research a disinfo agent.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
fact, alex jones makes realisitic points on private banking organizations corrupting countries dating back to 300 years ago and then some.

fact, alex jones found a weird secret organization.

fact, alex jones has every right to go insane considering how insane the world is.

fact, alex jones has points, should they be taken seriouslly? not without proper consideration, and doing your own research.

he can show you the door but he can't walk you through it, that's your decision to make.

don't like him? think he's crazy? think he's a disinfo agent? well, hooray?

i could really care less about AJ, the NWO, all that. fact is worlds corrupt you don't believe it you're an idiot.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I love ALEX...The reason he fear mongers is because the public is so stupid and so lazy..he knows if he doesn't tell the reality of the situation in a extreme way, the public goes back to drinking cappuccinos, gulping beer, getting laid and lining up for their vaccinations while complete destruction rains down on everybody's head..
Look at all the people criticizing him...I bet not one of those people have gotten off their azz to do anything about it..They use the excuse of criticizing him so they don't have to take responsibility for their life or their country.
AND THAT'S THE FACTS! PERIOD!
So their criticism has no effect on me and how I feel about Alex..

For Some Ignorance is Bliss!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

so the rockefellers are cheapy hunkey dorrey?

yeah, shut the internet down.

it's terrorist.

haha.

you're a disinfo agent omg pwntzz

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

I hear alex talking about history a fair bit, yeah he is fairly knowledgeable about certain areas -although i'm not sure i would trust his analysis of what he's read. I listen to alex because often he points out things that are worth learning about, much of the time he has taken a small point and made it massive or totally ignored the important data involved. It's easy to read lots of words, even easier to pick and choose which of those words you want to hear to back up your preconceived concepts - it takes actual time and effort to think about and understand the complexity involved in those events.

Alex is a great source for info; he watches C-span while jogging on the treadmill, reads obscure bills and legislation all night scanning for dubious passages and more importantly people who spot anything todo with oppressive governments emails it to him for him to share, which he does (as long as it supports his right wing Christian conservative views of course)

However, like many great, important and interesting people - he must be taken with a large pinch if salt! He gets carried away and lets his mind run off with him sometimes, the same way that many people can't stand thinking that the government might just be controlled by powerful special interest groups who don't have our best interests at heart - alex can't believe that anyone who disagrees is doing so because they thought about it and came to a different opinion, they must be tied into the massive master plot.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

CBC, Mail Online, Newsweek, Times Online, Russia Today, FOX News, CTV,
The Wall Street Journal, FOX 17, ABC News, CNN, The Huffington Post,
Washington Post, Telegraph, Reuters, Jerusalem Post, Haaretz

And they are just the ones I know are mainstream. Probably a number more are too. For someone so against the mainstream media, he seems to rely on it an awful lot.

He doesn't get his information from MSM. He does his own investigations and uses the MSM to corroborate, also declassified government reports, original journals. Alex Jones is a documentarian. When he hosted the 9/11 Truth Symposium a few years ago C-Span identified him as a "Documentarian." This is, indeed, what he is, in addition to being a radio host. He researches, reads voraciously, gets out in the field to see for himself, takes a cameraman or two with him, gets it all down. He happens to be living in the center of an area where a lot of news is being made regarding the militarization of the police, the police and military drills held to practice subjegating the American people, etcetera. He's able to drive a half hour and get amazing footage of this kind of stuff. But he also flies around the country with his camera crew as well. His documentaries are historic and definitive works, extremely well done. Alex has broken more stories than any ten news reporters. If it weren't for Alex, nobody would know that Bohemian Grove existed. He has to document his information on film because people would not otherwise believe it.

When he quotes the MSM, he's saying, hey, if you think I'm crazy, this is also reported in your media you "trust." He is appealing to people to believe him, because all he lives for is to wake people up to the truth.

The guy is a genius. He has a heart of courage and love and God has blessed him with boundless energy and a brilliant mind and great talent. He pours himself out to try to communicate what he knows, and anybody who has experienced his programs and films will be changed forever, and in a good way.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

I AGREE! I love him!
Like I said in my post:
Look at all the people criticizing him...I bet not one of those people have gotten off their azz to do anything about it..They use the excuse of criticizing him so they don't have to take responsibility for their life or their country.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake08
The reason he fear mongers is because the public is so stupid and so lazy..

Oh, so it's ok that he fearmongers, but it isn't ok if anyone else does it. During the Bush administration you couldn't go into a single thread here that didn't say something about Bush or his buddies fearmongering. Yet when people point out that Jones does it, it's ok because the public is stupid and lazy?

Do anything about what? About things that don't exist in the form he claims? Or about his fearmongering?

You sure do assume an awful lot don't you? You assume that anyone who criticizes him doesn't take responsibility for themselves or their country without even knowing the first thing about anyone's personal life. So what are we all then? What is it you think we do all day that doesn't involve taking responsibility for our lives or our country? I'd love to hear it.

edit: Removed an irrelevant section of the quote that I missed here at the end of my post the first time around.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Jenna]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

First show me where I said anything that is even remotely similar to any of that, then I'll take your post seriously.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

When he hosted the 9/11 Truth Symposium a few years ago C-Span identified him as a "Documentarian."

This means little. When you go on TV/Radio, they will usually ask you for a biography and how you prefer to be described among other things.

But he also flies around the country with his camera crew as well. His documentaries are historic and definitive works, extremely well done.

He has to fly a camera crew so that they can catch him bullhorning on demand, to make some nice footage for his next docuganda. He rarely engages in real reporting. Consider his work at the DNC, when interviewing Anarchists, he turned it into an argument, I actually thought that was fair, they didn't even know what they believed. But that is not journalism or reporting, that is activism.

Alex has broken more stories than any ten news reporters.

If your ten news reporters are in a Coma, then maybe. He very rarely breaks stories, and there is no way he has broken many stories if you compare him to people like Hersh, Woodward and Bernstein, the Goodmans, and many others. It's just another area where the real pros put Jones to shame.

If it weren't for Alex, nobody would know that Bohemian Grove existed.

Unless, of course, you count the articles such as;

Inside the Bohemian Grove. - by Philip Weiss, Spy Magazine, November 1989

and the others that were published while or Before Jones was even in High School.

boundless energy

This is one area I agree with you on (except that he got it from God), he does have a lot of energy and drive, I just wish he could put it to better use.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by Wideawake08
The reason he fear mongers is because the public is so stupid and so lazy..

Oh, so it's ok that he fearmongers, but it isn't ok if anyone else does it. During the Bush administration you couldn't go into a single thread here that didn't say something about Bush or his buddies fearmongering. Yet when people point out that Jones does it, it's ok because the public is stupid and lazy?

Do anything about what? About things that don't exist in the form he claims? Or about his fearmongering?

You sure do assume an awful lot don't you? You assume that anyone who criticizes him doesn't take responsibility for themselves or their country without even knowing the first thing about anyone's personal life. So what are we all then? What is it you think we do all day that doesn't involve taking responsibility for our lives or our country? I'd love to hear it.

For Some Ignorance is Bliss!

LOOK stay on the subject..The post is about Alex not the Bush Cheny Clinton Obama CFR criminal organization OK?
It is obvious to me you are one of the lost sheeple that doesn't want to hear the truth because that would mean you would have to do something about it...So go back to sleep and leave the facts to those that know better.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I subscribed to his service some years back. I didn't appreciate the way he used violence to try and draw business. I have heard from people that have met or perhaps even know him, that's he's a pussy cat. Still, the recent post where he goes off at the mention of Benjamin Freedman is suspect. I know he has always stayed clear of the "Jesuit Connection". He may just be a guy with a brutish nature that thinks the brutalizing his audience is his civic duty. No sure about the guy. I just know he is very opinionated and not very open minded. That doesn't make him bad.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join