Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Do people who say Alex Jones fear mongers even watch his show?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I gave up listening to AJ quite a while ago. The stories he brings up, I can find for myself and form my own opinion about them, without having to listen to him freaking out.

Originally posted by Frankidealist35 He tries to put together all the dots.

Yes, he does. The problem there is that the dots aren't numbered, and can be connected in a multitude of different variations. The picture he makes with them is not the same one that I get when I connect the dots.

His picture is always the scariest one possible, and to me, that does indeed make him a fear mongerer. He takes any odd happening and relates it "the NWO is going to KILL YOU!!!!".

When Charles Roberts shot up the Amish school, AJ promptly came out screaming "NWO brainwashing! Mind control!!". Sorry, I just can't buy that spin. My dots connect differently, and for him to take such a tragedy and twist it to suit his agenda is, in my opinion, 100% fear mongering.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have started listening to Alex for about 2 months now and seriously, the guy is a complete moron.

Anything, and I do mean anything he reads in the paper is construed and completely misinterpreted.

Moreover he is by far the most unprofessional radio host ever. He cuts his guests of constantly and go's into these psychotic rants that even his own guest are like WTF...do you need meds or something?

Alex does a great disservice to those who truly believe in an NWO. I don't doubt his sincerity, I do not mock his commitment but Jesus H. Christ, there is a limit.

Alex should be taking lessons from Thom Hartmann, not Rush Limpballs.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by jd140

I dont have to "like' HIM to "GET" what he's saying. I'm not going to go to his house, dine with him or spend the weekend with him.

Common sense. If you dont see what he says as the truth, then you better brush up on whats going on in the world.

I think you misunderstood my post. Let me clarify for the nitpickers.

Some people like the Alex Jones show and some do not.

Get over it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by jd140

I dont have to "like' HIM to "GET" what he's saying. I'm not going to go to his house, dine with him or spend the weekend with him.

Common sense. If you dont see what he says as the truth, then you better brush up on whats going on in the world.

Yet another,if you dont think AJ speaks the truth your an idiot..sheepple blah blah woof woof God if you cant see whats happening here i feel sorry for you.Its pitiful

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I gave up listening to AJ quite a while ago. The stories he brings up, I can find for myself and form my own opinion about them, without having to listen to him freaking out.

Originally posted by Frankidealist35 He tries to put together all the dots.

Yes, he does. The problem there is that the dots aren't numbered, and can be connected in a multitude of different variations. The picture he makes with them is not the same one that I get when I connect the dots.

His picture is always the scariest one possible, and to me, that does indeed make him a fear mongerer. He takes any odd happening and relates it "the NWO is going to KILL YOU!!!!".

When Charles Roberts shot up the Amish school, AJ promptly came out screaming "NWO brainwashing! Mind control!!". Sorry, I just can't buy that spin. My dots connect differently, and for him to take such a tragedy and twist it to suit his agenda is, in my opinion, 100% fear mongering.

He's just talking about how they're trying to instill fear into people by making such a big deal out of a threat and he thinks there are people there that they think are threats. I think he goes overboard sometimes... but again he's vents his anger at the wrong place at the wrong times sometimes and he does go overboard at times this I'll admit.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Is this going to be like a daily thing for you?

Do we get to look forward to another Alex Jones thread tomorrow?

Maybe you forgot that you posted a thread just about identical to this one yesterday and even posted on it today.

Let me help guide you to your original Alex Jones is misunderstood thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well, I like Alex and I also trust him and his information. I also admire him and his example of courage and energy, and his big heart.

I'm glad there are people like Alex alive. He has inspired millions of people, wakened up tens of millions of people.

He's also a great radio host. He has fantastic guests on and brings out the best in them. He's very good at interviewing.

His films are excellent. The guy is a genius, and I believe he has God's annointing all over him.

The only thing I don't like about Alex is his support of Ron Paul and his choice of Jason Bemus to sponsor and tie up with. He should have gone with somebody like Jack Blood in my opinion, but it's an emample of Alex's soft-heartedness and how he sticks with people he considers his friends even when they aren't doing him so well.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

No... it won't be a daily thing.

I just went on ATS like a while ago and saw a few threads on Alex Jones with people saying he was crazy...

And I get the idea that people don't like him but I just disagree with the notion that he's crazy. So I was just wondering whether these people were detractors from his show or people who watch him a lot or whatever.

I personally like what he has to say. But, I just became aware of it a few days ago that other people seriously thought that he was a disinfo agent.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Didn't your original thread that you started yesterday and you posted on today state the same thing?

Not everyone is going to like the same thing you like, time to get over it.

You made your posistion clear in your very recent post on a very recent thread. Why do we need another thread by the same person that states the same thing?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35He's just talking about how they're trying to instill fear into people by making such a big deal out of a threat and he thinks there are people there that they think are threats.

Sorry, but no. He was the one making the "big deal" out of a threat that no longer existed, as Charles killed himself during his meltdown, along with innocents.

The episode was over, yet AJ was there hollering about NWO mind control, claiming that "the elite" were the cause behind the shooting. Now, I'm as fed up with the elite as most, but there's absolutely no evidence to back up what he was saying. Twisting events to claim that they were behind this shooting is absolute fear mongering.

He may actually believe everything he comes out with, I don't know.

I do know that I have no use for someone who immediately leaps to a fantastic conclusion like that just to relate a lone nut to the NWO. So to answer the original question, no, I don't watch his show, and I do say he's a fear mongerer.

Your opinion may vary...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So... Did you not like the answers in the first thread and decide to start a new thread hoping for different ones? What he does fits the definition of a fearmongerer to a T.

fearmonger
1. Someone who spreads fear, or needlessly raises the alarm.

Synonyms
* alarmist
* scaremonger

to fearmonger (third-person singular simple present fearmongers, present participle fearmongering, simple past and past participle fearmongered)
1. To spread fear.

This is what he does. He needlessly raises the alarm with his twisted version of facts and reality while spreading fear in those who listen to him. Thus all the "Alex Jones says we're all gonna die in FEMA death camps!!11!!1!" threads here and elsewhere.

Critical thinking skills, that's all it takes.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's interesting that when i tell people i know, understand and disagree with the points AJ's zombies mindlessly repeat i get mostly ignored - my last thread about CoFR not being eugenic loving psychos was ignored, my thread about huxley, orwell and wells provided only a little quote from the forword to 'brave new world' to prove huxleys guilt plus the fact his brother was part of the UN and other "#questionable#" groups (he helped started the WWF for example) -- the same happens when i speak to people who 'follow up alex's leads for themselves' all i get is but wells was part of various liberal societies..... no proof, nothing that even proves they believed these things, however their entire body of work being almost entirely AGAINST totalitarian dictatorships sorta proves they aren't TOTAL NWO.

Yet, these clear seeing and totally not indoctrinated people are spending their time posting the same thread repeatedly offering no new evidence, no proof beside chest beating and appeals to [counter]authority - it's sorta reminds me of the bit in the bible alex likes so much, 'ye shall know them by their fruits'

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I went up to a few strangers, just a couple of guys hanging around a shop, asked them what they thought of AJ. They replied, "oh that screaming lunatic". They never watched his show but I think he needs to tone his voice down a bit, not that I mind, but it does scare shpeople off.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by DEM0N]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

So... Did you not like the answers in the first thread and decide to start a new thread hoping for different ones? What he does fits the definition of a fearmongerer to a T.

fearmonger
1. Someone who spreads fear, or needlessly raises the alarm.

Synonyms
* alarmist
* scaremonger

to fearmonger (third-person singular simple present fearmongers, present participle fearmongering, simple past and past participle fearmongered)
1. To spread fear.

This is what he does. He needlessly raises the alarm with his twisted version of facts and reality while spreading fear in those who listen to him. Thus all the "Alex Jones says we're all gonna die in FEMA death camps!!11!!1!" threads here and elsewhere.

Critical thinking skills, that's all it takes.

That's what a lot of people on ATS are saying.

I actually haven't heard him say that we're all going to die in FEMA camps. I hear him talk about more how the green people want to kill us all (which is true-- econazis have spoke about wiping off 90% of the population to survive).

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So you didn't like the answers in your first thread?

You still haven't answered why you felt it was necessary to post a duplicate thread about the same thing you started a thread on yesterday and posted on today?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

No... I just saw another thread about people claiming AJ was crazy or something. I'm just getting a bit perturbed by all of these anti-AJ threads.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Big deal.

You got your point across in the first thread yesterday and today.

There are many anti christian, anti Rush, anti war and anti Bush popping up everyday.

If everyone thought exactly like each other then there wouldn't be a point in this site.

Get some tougher skin or you will be busy making the same thread everyday.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

then come and offer some reasonable debate, debunk the points i've made when debunking alex maybe? only through rational and open debate will the truth ever be told, it seems though that many AJ lovers will ignore any rational refutation of his theories and instead spend their time repeating his talking points..... see how this makes them as bad as 'ditto heads' 'obama cool-aid drinkers' or 'bush drones' ???

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Why do so many people feel compelled to post anti Alex threads? I can understand him not being your cup of tea to get your information, but if people are trying to say Alex is telling lies, that his information is wrong, then, hey, them's fighting words.

Personally, I think it's people who are in denial, and they want to make Alex the issue, that if they can find fault with him that maybe the information he's sharing will go away and they can get back to living in the land of sugar plum fairies.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
william cooper > alex jones

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join